Best Boss Battle In A Game

Camarilla

Jul 17, 2008
One of my favourite bosses is Kochamara from Psychonauts, from the Lungfishopolis level. This is mainly because he's nothing but a parody of traditional game bosses, with such battle cries as 'Haaaard toooooo avoooooid AREA ATTACK!' and 'Charging.... RAM!'

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
TomNook said:
The very last phase of Gannondorf in TP. Just you and him in a field duking it out.
I JUST beat Gannondorf yesterday and I loved how Non-Paterned that fight was, you actually had to work pretty damn hard to beat him and there was no obvious pattern.

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
The whole last level of Half Life 2 episode 2 was truly unforgettable. Half Life 2+Free Roaming= the most epic win of all time.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
In Prime 3 when you fight against Ridley. That was so damn cool. Like, just falling down a tunnel and shooting at him, just felt so cinematic. That and the RE4 bosses, each one was so fun, even if i got killed like 14 times.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Pretty much every boss in Ocarina of Time was great :D
Also 343 Guilty Spark in Halo 3 (just getting the bastard to finally shut up...with a Spartan laser, that was one of my best moments in gaming :D)
The final boss in Bioshock

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
Honestly, few boss battles can match the pure awesomeness that is every boss fight in the God of War series.

To quote from Penny arcade:
"Wow, is this the final boss?"
"Final Boss? This is the first one."
"Are you joking?!"
"Every other game is the joke. God of War is the punchline."

(This isn't the exact quote. I couldn't find it in their archives after 20 minutes of looking, so I gave up.)

And the very first time you fight a Big Daddy in Bioshock. The entire time you're fighting it you're just thinking "Oh crap, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, crap I ran out of shotgun ammo, crap, crap, crap!"

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
There have been many awesome boss battles, but my favorite, and I'm sure it has been posted like twenty times, is G.L.A.D.O.S. from Portal. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a video game before that.

KasaiAisu

Jul 22, 2008
Evrae (The Guardian Wyrm you fight when you're going to Bevelle) from FFX. It was just fun for me, and i was unprepared before the fight so it actually took a lot of strategy...

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
irishdelinquent said:
I must side with the masses that Zelda has some of the best boss battles IMO. Here's my top three:

3). Bongo Bongo (OoT)- Quite simply the most annoying boss to fight in the Zelda series. I have to fight a giant floating ghost drummer, all while trying to stay on a shifting platform?! Plus, hitting him in the hands and eye, followed up by slashing his eye drains the arrows pretty quick.

2). Ganon(dorf) (Any game)- All of the fights against Ganon have been epic, no matter which form he's taken.

Now how can Ganon not be the top baddie in the Legend of Zelda?! Simple. I present to you the best boss of the game

1). Dark Link (OoT)- He can match your sword skills blow-for-blow, and he strikes from nowhere. He's one of the hardest bosses I've ever faced. And he does count as a boss, since he is considered a sub-boss.
Wow...I think mine was pretty much any boss fight in the Metroid Prime or LoZ series.

Also, in my opinion, Dark Link was easy as hell...I used the Megaton Hammer, that pwns him-he can't block it. Still, I agree that he is the hardest boss, because when you attack, he jumps on your sword and hits you. :p

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Brutus yea it isn't a massive epic scaled awesome fest but it is fun which is what I can't say about the Big follow the pattern bosses.

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
Andross from Lylat Wars was epic, especially going through the 'hard' levels.

M. Bison in Street Fighter is always a good boss battle to win, simply because he's a move spamming git.