Best Free/Free-to-play game you've played

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Cpu46 said:
"combat arms" "balance"
You so funny, you said Combat Arms and Balance in the same sentence.

The CA cash shop sells all of the nice OP guns, though you can get some of them once you rank up to the stupidly high ranks, but not all of them. I still like playing the game, but it does get old facing people with M4 Super-90's, which is a most rediculous shotgun

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
DEATHROAD said:
Harry Mason said:
The copy of Red Dead Redemption I got out of a Gamestop dumpster.

Free to play!
Erm.. You know what im just going to say it, what we're you doing going through gamestops rubbish?
I'm an avid dumpster diver. I go out every night and root through dumpsters behind stores.
To date, some of my more impressive finds are as follows:

-2 Guitars
-A Mandolin
-A Wii
-A box of 50 working iPod Nanos
-Over 75 different video games, ranging from Fallout three down to the most obscure NES titles
-18 Boxes (read: hundreds and hundreds of cans) of green beens that had only been expired for a day
-An XBox 360 and an original XBox
-6 PS2s
-11 working scanner/printers
-24 PCs and 12 Macs (working)
-Hundreds of working speakers
-6 Digital cameras
-A professional, movie grade film camera with a broken reel that I fixed for about $7
-Hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays (working)
-A disco ball
-A live human baby, abandoned recently by a pregnant teen (that was my best guess). Turned in to the Police.

I keep a "Dumpster Diving Journal" and record my loot at each location I visit, so I can return to the good sites and skip the ones that never throw anything useful away. So far, Office Depot and Gamestop yield the most awesome results. I sell most of what I find and make a mint. I'm basically paying my way through college with other people's garbage.

This is sort of on topic, because I've had TONS of games that were free-to-play.

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
I feel that TF2 shouldn't count because it has only recently become F2P, so I'm going to say Cave Story.

TankTop

May 31, 2010
Harry Mason said:
I'm an avid dumpster diver. I go out every night and root through dumpsters behind stores.

-Stuff-

I keep a "Dumpster Diving Journal" and record my loot at each location I visit, so I can return to the good sites and skip the ones that never throw anything useful away. So far, Office Depot and Gamestop yield the most awesome results. I sell most of what I find and make a mint. I'm basically paying my way through college with other people's garbage.

This is sort of on topic, because I've had TONS of games that were free-to-play.
You, sir, win all the internets that I can give you.

OT: I guess TF2, that's my most played F2P game, although I'm no longer a free player strictly. After that, it'd probably be Crimecraft. I'm looking into getting into some of the ones mentioned in the thread though.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
Harry Mason said:
DEATHROAD said:
Harry Mason said:
The copy of Red Dead Redemption I got out of a Gamestop dumpster.

Free to play!
Erm.. You know what im just going to say it, what we're you doing going through gamestops rubbish?

-2 Guitars
-A Mandolin
-A Wii
-Over 75 different video games, ranging from Fallout three down to the most obscure NES titles
-18 Boxes (read: hundreds and hundreds of cans) of green beens that had only been expired for a day
-6 PS2s
-6 Digital cameras
-A professional, movie grade film camera with a broken reel that I fixed for about $7
-A disco ball
-A live human baby, abandoned recently by a pregnant teen (that was my best guess). Turned in to the Police.

Well i am very very glad i asked, that was really interesting to read. hard to believe you found all that stuff and in the quantities you did, i for one am impressed lol.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Harry Mason said:

-2 Guitars
-A Mandolin
-A Wii
-6 PS2s
-6 Digital cameras
-A disco ball

That... Wow that's a strange combination of insane and legendary. That's at least $10,000 worth of stuff if you add that all up, I'm sure.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
DEATHROAD said:
Well i am very very glad i asked, that was really interesting to read. hard to believe you found all that stuff and in the quantities you did, i for one am impressed lol.
Spud of Doom said:
That... Wow that's a strange combination of insane and legendary. That's at least $10,000 worth of stuff if you add that all up, I'm sure.
Actually, it's kind of a social thing at my school. People go out in big Diving groups around midnight and re-converge around 3am to compare loot and share any clean food they found. We live like hobos by night and go to class by day. But, deep in the American southeast, what the hell else are you going to do on a Friday night?

I think one day I'll write a dumpster diver's manifesto.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
For me it's league of legends.

A close second would be path of exile, although kinda boring at the moment considering it's closed beta and there aren't many features yet. The beta is a lot of fun and has a VERY good community. Seriously, one of the best online communities I have experienced.