Best game you have played this year?

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
a toss up between batman arkham asylum and vanquish. i think batman is the better one. for games released this year..... again a toss up between portal 2 and ghost trick. but i think i prefer ghost trick.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
L.A. Noire is a good candidate. Besides that I've been having a lot of fun with Saints Row 2. I just want to mention I plan on getting Skyrim and I think it may be able to knock one of the two I mentioned off the pedestal. If it can't the ICO / Shadow of the Colossus HD collection surely will.

Pietho

Nov 6, 2008
Interesting answers from a lot of people, since the definition of BEST is not a list of games you like, but the ONE you like THE MOST.

Ranting aside, Magicka is my favorite toy I bought this year. Great Action RPG fun with CO-OP in mind and combining spells is very rewarding.

Aean

Jul 22, 2011
Believe it or not my favorite was "Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon", a little RPG I picked up on my DS to pass the 34 hours of transit that going on "Vacation" demands.

ThatDaveDude1

Feb 7, 2011
machblast said:
Stealthygamer said:
I've only bought 1 game this year, DA2. But if you include rentals than LA Noire
Oh damn, how the shit did you manage to pick the worst ~high profile~ game recently released to buy? What terrible luck.
"worst ~high profile~ game recently released"

Because Duke Nukem Forever was an expertly crafted masterpiece, whose brilliance we all bask in habitually...

Edit for topic relevance: Portal 2.

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
That would be a Toss up between 3 games. Portal 2, Dead Rising 2, and Scott Pilgrim the Game for XBLA.
If the list counts only games I've played for the first time this year.

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
I'm ashamed to admit that I only just got my grubby little mitts on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves at the start of the year (not sure when it came out?) and it is easily one of the best games I've EVER played, not just during 2011.
The cut scenes are beautifully done, the voice acting is superb, the story is absolutely breathtaking, emotional and captivating (good job, writers!) and the gameplay itself is varied enough for it to never become boring. I kind of ignored it when it first came out (Drake's Fortune) because I assumed it was just Tomb Raider with a male protagonist, but I'm ecstatic to have been proven completely wrong. I don't know how many times I've played it through, not even for the trophies, just to see the twists and turns of the plot play out again.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant! Anyone who hasn't played it though, should, you can't miss it.
Uncharted 2 is easily one of my top three games ever.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I'm ashamed to say I only got Kane & Lynch: Dog Days in March, and that's my favourite game of all time.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
God of War Collection. (haven't finished Demon's souls yet, so my opinion on that is not complete.)

TheOneMavado

Jul 3, 2011
I'm a bit torn between Portal 2 & Mass Effect 2...

While I had a lot of fun with Dragon Age II, Red Dead Redemption and Ocarina of Time 3D they don't score as highly for me this year.

weker

May 27, 2009
Alpha Protocol by miles and even is my fav for a few years (as long as i exclude the paradox of a game deadly premonition)