Best thing your country ever did.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Lord Of Cyberia said:
Nikola Tesla made all his inventions here. IN YOUR FACE, CROATIA!

Why the hell does the U.S. import half its' scientists? Where are all the great scientists of U.S?
We don't import them, your countries chase them out and the come here.

As for the greatest thing we ever did for the world, WE BROUGHT DEMOCRACY TO IRAQ ;p

Cewebwalz

Apr 28, 2010
Ryokai said:
Israel: Cellphone, Silicon chips that power every modern computer, advanced medical research that has saved literally hundreds of millions of lives.

Take your pick.
Martin Cooper was born on December 26, 1928 in Chicago, Illinois. He was Jewish, but as far as I know never stepped foot in Israel. The silicon chip was invented by two American electrical engineers, Jack Kilby and Robert Noyce.

As far as advanced medical research, no idea.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Da snakeman said:
First to abolish slavery, I believe.
Wrong on that one I am afraid: Hungary was first to abolish slavery around (yes drop jaw) 1000 AD. Portugal was the second in 1761, and many others abolished before US including, Scotland, England&Wales, Sweden, France, Japan, Russia, Netherlands, Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Guatemala, Mauritius, Denmark, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Moldavia, Germany, Canada, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Greece, Bolivia, Austria, India, Uruguay, Cuba, Hawai (was not part of US yet in 1852), Tunisia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Belize, Honduras. Side note, abolition is actually not the most correct term but either outlaw or penalization, as despite being made illegal in the whole world, its still being practiced in several forms in the whole world too.

In your defense thou, I have to say many US states abolished individually slavery between 1777 (Vermont) and 1864 (The end of the civuil war). Nevertheless, Alaska had salevry abolished just in 1870. Vermont is therefore the 3rd territory abolishing slavery continuously till present day.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
My country ruled the world for 2 and a half centures with the biggest empire in history. Beat that. ^___^

Karathos

May 10, 2009
After reading through everything, I do have to say I agree with one thing on the first page: The UK's got Stephen Fry - there can be no victory here, fellas. :(

IrirshTerrorist

Jul 25, 2009
brandon237 said:
...the disassembling of all our nuclear arms. We are the only country to ever do this which gives me a real happy feeling inside...
Thats a valid point but on the other hand some countries just didn't make nuclear arms in the first place (not trying to argue or anything, just pointing out).

Best thing my country ever did was not giving in to English control.

PostScript: For the record I don't condone terrorism in any form.

Ryokai

Apr 4, 2010
The university of Tel Aviv took the concept of the handheld communications device, but shifted it to work on cellular networks (hence, the cellphone) therefore making it possible to be used for long distances as we know it today.

Also, silicon chip that Jack Kilby and Robert Noyce invented is based on the blueprints of the now Intel-owned Y'hida corporation (unsure of how to spell it in English.)

As for medical research, just two months ago, a way of identifying a rare African genetic disease before it's too late to treat it was developed by Israeli doctors.

skorpion352

Apr 6, 2008
Spaceman_Spiff said:
We were the first to cause nuclear fission yet we don't have a nuclear power station, odd huh.
new zealand represent!

id also like to add: we banned nukes, i cant actually think of any other country that has done this and is nuke free. we dont even let nuclear powered ships in our waters

IrirshTerrorist

Jul 25, 2009
Karathos said:
After reading through everything, I do have to say I agree with one thing on the first page: The UK's got Stephen Fry - there can be no victory here, fellas. :(
Yeah, he is there trump card... We can throw our Dara O'Brien card at them but the rest of the world won't get it.

JoeKickAzz

Feb 22, 2009
Little Duck said:
We invented the everything (uk)
I think China invented everything.

Ok since i am from the so called "Greatest country on earth" I would have to say The Moon Landing

Ze_Sapper

Apr 12, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Canada: Celine Dion, and the notion that they're free, but government employees still have to swear an oath of loyalty to the Queen of England, the Queen is still the Head of State, and is on all Canadian money.
Dude the Queen isn't our Head of State.

We burnt down the white house, pretty awesome eh? Canada FTW!