Best thing your country ever did.

Sinisterair

Oct 15, 2008
Lord Of Cyberia said:
Nikola Tesla made all his inventions here. IN YOUR FACE, CROATIA!

Why the hell does the U.S. import half its' scientists? Where are all the great scientists of U.S?
Well then of course we didnt import them.....they came here on there own free will cuz they knew we had a great country.......key word "had" but still we have.........NUKEULAR WEAPONS!!!! ok not that great but if it werent for us, the Russians would still have germany, poland and such so.....yeah us!

Sinisterair

Oct 15, 2008
mb16 said:
Plazmatic said:
Us (were I am from) invented the internet..

auto-win

none of you would be able to post here if it wasn't for the united states scientists!
(British guy Tim Berners-Lee not the usa)

OT: usa, canada, australia? (we kinda 'made' them)

also what are we speaking....
Well you can say u made australia but..........first you only sent them there because they were the worst in your country and you had no where else to put them............Canada is alright.........but im not a fan..........Im in america and its not that amzing

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
There is no out and out best thing for any country really, but im Scottish and proud of the massive number of accomplishments we have achieved alone and as part of the UK.

However on a personal note I feel that the way our culture is regarded around the world is one of our best achivements. I have only had good experiences abroad when its been revealed that i'm Scottish.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
ace_of_something said:
Invented the blues. (and therefore Rock and Roll)
Which african nation are you from?
Sharkie668 said:
Oh, and also the British Empire which the sun never set on, and was the biggest empire in history.
Genghis Khan wants a word with you.
DominoSmith said:
Dammit, Mexico has the Taco, England has Judas Priest, Ireland has whisky, those are some of my favorite things...uhhh how 'bout Slushies!
Scotland has whisky, Ireland has whiskey.

Hey Kiwis you were the first country to give women the vote did you know that?

Australia: Refrigeration, you gotta keep lager cool during fermentation. Howard Florey. The Bionic Ear. The ultrasound. The box of wine. Kokoda. Won WW1 for the allies. Gave a tonne of New Zealanders a break in the entertainment industry. Sorry about Germaine, Clive, and Rupert. Very sorry about Rupert.

Sinisterair

Oct 15, 2008
Oleg Piltsin said:
USSR - Killed the Nazis. Well, at least a large majority of them. Also, first into space, which means we own it.
This......well WOULD be true but communism fell and its now russia.....so because the USSR is no longer there Space falls to the Americans because were still here bitches!

on a side note

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Also this a joke well the vid is......im not really this involved with my country

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
octafish said:
Sharkie668 said:
Oh, and also the British Empire which the sun never set on, and was the biggest empire in history.
Genghis Khan wants a word with you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_empires

1.British Empire - 33.7 million km2 (1922)
2.Mongol Empire - 33.0 million km2 (1270 or 1309)

Also lets not forget that the British empire included naval dominance.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Oleg Piltsin said:
USSR - Killed the Nazis. Well, at least a large majority of them. Also, first into space, which means we own it.
U.S. - First on the Moon, which by your logic, means we own it.

ffian1

Mar 10, 2010
Scotland's claim to fame would probably involve stealing the TV from Tesla (I think) before he patented it, or having the striking ability as a nation to hate everyone equally, and being generally polite about it if you can get past our genetic Tourette's Syndrome.

WE KICK ASS!

NeuroticDogDad

Apr 28, 2010
Tetrapus said:
Wardog13 said:

Among other things.
And Why is it that (as far as I can tell) Americans think they're the only people to participate in D-Day.
Doesn't make sense to me either.
Americans - 2 beaches. UK & Canada - 3 beaches. Get. Over. It.

(and you'd have thought after turning up late for the first world war you wouldn't make the same mistake.)

And if you're going to try to start an empire you could at least have the decency to tell people you're conquering them instead of pretending that you're doing it for their benefit. "Liberating the people of Iraq" - ridiculous.

I'd like to highlight English contributions to world sport:

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Golf
Hockey
Rounders
Baseball
Badminton
Tennis
Table Tennis
Snooker
Bunjee Jumping
Bobsleigh
Darts

Oct 12, 2009
BlakBladz said:
Not kill anyone in the last 10 years.
Go Australia's pussy attitude :p hahaha

oh wait...No....We were forced to join in Americas shenanigans...Nevermind.

Nothing really.
your forgetting all the Australian inventions, e.g:
- pre-paid postage (1838)
- refrigerator (1856)
- first feature film (The Story of the Kelly Gang - 1906)
- electronic pacemaker (1928)
- rotary clothes line (1948)
- atomic absorption spectrophotometer (1952)
- ultrasound (1961)
- and Hugh Jackman (1968)

we may not kill as many people as other countries, but we make their lives easier

Apr 28, 2008
U.S. here.

I believe airplanes and air travel is the biggest one I can think of.

Also basically beating back the Japanese in WW2. Granted as we got closer to Japan we started getting help from Australia/New Zealand/Soviet Union/and whatever British forces were there after they pushed them back from India.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
England came up with the game of badminton. Yay.

Since I'm 1/2 Norwegian I have to big them up to. Ok. They invented the cheese slicer. I LOVE DA CHEESE.