Best time if your life.....is in highschool?

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I hated high school and would never go back. It was truly awful. I learned next to nothing. I couldn't stand the people I was surrounded by. And as soon as I left, my life got immensely better. I bought my own house, got a job I love, have a wife and son, and have been all around fairly successful. In high school, they thought I was a drug dealer (although I've never even used a drug in my life), and thought I was going to shoot up the school. What they failed to realize was that I simply did not care about the place or my attendance, as I knew they meant nothing.

Tibs

Mar 23, 2011
Eh, I find highschool rather boring, however that is probably because of the fact it is a very small school.

nomadic_chad

Feb 12, 2010
It's something adults say to kids because the mind naturally glosses over most of the negative bullshit when it goes into nostalgia mode.

In some ways it's the best, and if you're a lucky kid from a not poor family who has good looks and is popular, it may very well be the best time of your life. Otherwise, it's complete horseshit.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Ah yes. I too was fed that terrible lie. High school... that was the time when my parents were beginning to realize that their efforts to indoctrinate me were only strengthening my resolve, so they were increasing the mental abuse until i finally began fighting back. Nothing really teaches you not to fuck with your child quite like when you find out your child hollowed out your bible and filled it with pictures of tentacle hentai.
...in retrospect that might have been a bit excessive, but my parents really did just make my high school years miserable.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
The only really good thing about high school, and this really only applies to senior year/grade 12, is that you're basically an adult without any of the adult responsibilities and obligations. You don't have to buy groceries, pay for insurance, rent, etc. (most of the time, I'm sure there are some people who got kicked out or something). Otherwise, high school is pretty crap.

marblemadness

May 26, 2010
High school is good, but university/college is way better. You're finally out living on your own, meeting new people, and then of course, there's all the sex!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Nigh Invulnerable said:
The only really good thing about high school, and this really only applies to senior year/grade 12, is that you're basically an adult without any of the adult responsibilities and obligations. You don't have to buy groceries, pay for insurance, rent, etc. (most of the time, I'm sure there are some people who got kicked out or something). Otherwise, high school is pretty crap.
Pretty much this, I HATED school up until year 12 becuase then I wasn't stuck with all the (and this is probably going to sound some sort of ism but I shall barrel on) neanderthol kids from the really rough part of town. I was actually there with people who were civil and wanted to learn. Those two years and University (I'll leave out the dick ex bf) were the best days of my life so far :)

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I've been told either high school or college.

High School was DULL as all hell, I graduated early because it was so frickin boring.

College doesn't seem to be going much better, I don't understand how half of these so-called "teachers" are in this profession.

Sigh, I'm hoping I have a more fulfilling lifestyle after college but I seem to hear everyone complaining about money and jobs all the time these days...

Depressing : /

Spartan X1

Mar 7, 2011
I beleive it depends on your personal experience I had a great time in highschool but now that I'm in college things have turned for the worst

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
My parents and other people say this to try to motivate me to get back to school and hang out with friends since I'm always out sick, even if it's not true. Since there is people to hang out with and stuff to do, not a lot of responsibilities, and you're at the age when you can start to drive maybe it is true.

It's not true for me...at least hopefully. As I'm now having to drop out and get my GED. I'm a junior with pretty much a 9th grade education, tons of medical problems, less than half the credits I should have, etc. I'm days away from 17 and haven't even begun to drive yet because of a few Grand Mal seizures.

So yeah, I hope you're right and high school isn't the best time of my life.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
If Highschool is really meant to be the best time of my life then you've given me crippling depression.

Nay, i've been told by everyone, including parents, that everything will be better in college in a year, i hope so, i feel as though everything will be the same though.

Maniac536

Jan 14, 2009
I have to admit that now that I'm done with doing neverending schoolwork and have my college degree, I'm quite enjoying myself not having to do homework and getting paid for the jobs I do. I would say that now, my after college life is the best time ever. You know, when I can finally do things, make money, don't have to spend hundreds of hours doing assignments for no pay, etc.

High School wasn't bad to me, but life did get better.

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
AWDMANOUT said:
their health
wtf do you mean?! I got the worst acne you can imagine in the second year of highschool!
I would gladly forget about it if I weren't remembered about it every day..... scars....man....scars...

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
I am 35. My 30s have been the best. High school was trying to dodge the target of gangs. 20s was getting drunk and cruising through life. My 30s has been great. Good career - great wife - house - money in the bank - ect ect

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
Vault101 said:
This is more of a question

were you ever told...In highschool that this would be the "best time of your life"? if not when were you told the best time of your life would be?

and I mean seriously highschool??? what blatant lies! I imagine unlike most people here I didnt find highschool particually unbearibly horrible but I certainly didnt enjoy it all that much and it was NOT the best time of my life

also I was in boarding school which may have had somthing to do with it (no matter how good it is living in any institution gets to you after a while)

in fact I found it kind of funny one woman who was filling in as one of the staff was like "ohh! I would have loved to be in boarding school! you get to hang out with all your freinds! seriously this is the best time of your life" I wonder if she would have felt the same had she actually been in boarding school for 5 years....probably, I guess it depends on personality
It depends on how you look at it. Yes, we typical escapist goers weren't the most socially affluent students in High School, but you didn't have to pay taxes, mortgage/ rent, food expenses, ect. Being in High School is just a lot more convenient compared to adulthood, or even collage life.