Best time if your life.....is in highschool?

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
Yeah, actually. I was told that highschool would be the best time in my life ever. And it was, until I got to college.

But well, they thought it'd be the best for me because they never expected me to go to college. Where I lived, they sort of decided what you would do with your life depending on the "track" they assigned to you in elementary school.

College is amazing though, I love the independence.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I hated high-school. I hate (or at least, am somewhat ashamed of) the person I was in high-school. I hated how my home life was in high-school. So at for me, it was not the best time of my life.

College on the other hand? Absolutely awesome. I finally matured into a person I'm more-or-less happy with, started taking classes about subjects that actually interest me (and at times that I want), I have a Sbarros and a Subway on campus, met people I enjoy hanging out with, actually started doing something with my writing, saw a drastic improvement at home...

Maybe high-school simply suffers in comparison. After all, I wasn't completely miserable at the time. However, college is simply superior in every way.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I'd rather be back in High School then where I am now, and if any of you reading this remember my last two topic posts then you know what I'm talking about

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
dogenzakaminion said:
I always heard that Uni/college was the best time of your life, but I find it boring, lonely, and in fact, a bit childish. I LOVED high school. I was with my best mates, in the best city in the world (Berlin), having an amazing time. School wasn't hard enough to distract from the fun, so the social life was great.

I think this stuff varies with people and places.
Woah man, that really sucks, I feel for you.
D:
I think for college to be fun, you just need to find some reaaaally awesome people, otherwise it's annoying and a bore.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I've heard that before. For me... it most certainly was not the best time of my life. It has been, however, one of the most memorable. For better or worse... it was an important time. Certainly bigger for me than University, which was a waste of time marked by depression and isolation.

Crazy_Man_42

Mar 10, 2011
the phrase "High School is the best time of your life" is just propaganda bs that is spouted off from Adults and popular kids.

The adults say it to try and keep kids in high school even though they probably have all the skills they need to function in society at freshmen level.

The popular kids say it because they are like the dictators of the high school, its fun and exciting for them, not so much for everyone else.

I'm finally in my last months of high school I will soon graduate and I am glad for it.

And some word of advice, find friends and teachers you like because they will make the experience more tolerable and fun for you and them.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
High school was all right. I met a lot of good people, got high a bunch of times, actually befriended a couple of teachers, and had a semi decent time throughout. Wasn't the best time of my life, but sure as hell wasn't terrible either.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Wolvaroo said:
Mozared said:
I can't even imagine what it would be like if you had the kind of parents that just kick you out of the house at 18.
Out of the house at 16 guy here. Joined the Armed Forces to help pay the bills and for the benefits. Struggled to finish school and keep a roof over my head. No phone or internet for a couple years. Had a food budget of roughly 1.50 a day, so lots of bread and water. After my stint in the reserves the loss of income and less daily exercise lead to me losing nearly 40 pounds and fainting in public from malnutrition. Couldn't even afford the $50 ambulance fee. Shortly after I was made homeless when the city evicted me to demolish the houses in the area and I couldn't find affordable housing. For a couple days I slept in parks and at 24 hour laundromats. Eventually moved in with my sister and got a new job and slowly got back on my feet.

TL;DR If you don't like school do something about it instead of whining. Because it only gets worse for most people.
wow well Im glad your doing better now, I supose experiences like that can mabye shape you for the better

anyway I think its not really about complaing about highschool but this mentality, "...its all downhill from here" and "being an adult sucks" yes there is a sort of truth to thease things But I dont belive we have to think this way, at least I refuse to think this way(yeah I know that will prbably sound rich coming from me, somone who hasnt experienced that kind of hardship)

In fact this quote here I couldnt agree with more:

drisky said:
I got told high school, i got told college, I don't buy any of it. Life is what you make of it and everyones experience is different. But don't live in the past and keep looking forward thats how I feel about it.

I liked high school though, I was with probably the most unpopular kids in school so we never had to worry about people thinking less of us. Also bulling was replaced with gossip so nothing really affected us often. I also got to figure out I was a nerd in high school and accept it. Better than college but only because of the friends I had.
yeah I came out as a Geek after I left school and now Im more happyer about myself than I have ever been (I had somwhat of an identity crisis)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Highschool is great...unless you're gay, lesbian, bi, trans, smart, dumb, or weird. Probably a bunch of others too.

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
If someone were to tell me the period of my life I will consider to be the best time of my life will be the time I'm spending in high school (which, for the record consists basically of drug abuse, emotional issues, near-constant stress, and failed relationships), I'd laugh. Like, yeah. This is TOTALLY the pinnacle of my existence. Quick, someone start playing the song from The Wonder Years. I have a bit of retrospective narration I'd like to play over a scene of me snorting molly off of my cell phone in the school bathroom.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
It was a great time, when it went the way I thought it would- class, learning and hanging out with friends, going out and getting girlfriends and the lot. But people definitely inadvertently embellish what they remember from high school. Mostly because if we're with people that never knew us in high school- they won't be able to call our bullshit.

That and when you get older you see how sweet the system of it really is, I guess. Throughout half of high school I had a small job, essentially, but not enough to pay taxes- I had just about everything taken care of (when talking about shelter, utilities, electric and rent, basically) Plus I went and hung out with friends and learned for most of the day.

Best time of my life, though? I'll get back to you on my deathbed- because Uni has been far more enjoyable to me- got a lot more of life to go

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I was told that high school is the best time in our lives also. Even though there were some good times in high school, I would disagree. Frankly whoever said that probably wanted to encourage people to have a good time during high school, either that or the best time of their life was in high school and believed it would be the same for everyone else.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
I was told it was the best time of my life. I didn't believe it then but when I look back I miss it. Life was simple and easy then.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
High school and college... Both pretty close. I'd almost have to agree with high school being the best time, though. No bills, lots of fun recreational "activities" just good times in general. I guess it helps that I was fairly popular in high school, everyone came to my parties, and wanted to hang out with me.

Still I can imagine the future to be just as fun, being a home owner and such. Work just seems to get in the ways of all the ridiculous fun these days.

thefrizzlefry said:
If someone were to tell me the period of my life I will consider to be the best time of my life will be the time I'm spending in high school (which, for the record consists basically of drug abuse, emotional issues, near-constant stress, and failed relationships), I'd laugh. Like, yeah. This is TOTALLY the pinnacle of my existence. Quick, someone start playing the song from The Wonder Years. I have a bit of retrospective narration I'd like to play over a scene of me snorting molly off of my cell phone in the school bathroom.
Don't hate on Molly, man. She's a fine women if you can keep her in line.

mosh_warrior

Oct 1, 2010
Do not leave high school unless you have anything to fall back on. I left school at sixteen, didn't go to college and it has been the worst time of my life. I'm now nineteen and have a full head of grey hair. Whilst high school may be dull unchallenging or just plain boring it is much better than reality. I live on my own, paycheck to paycheck which means i have no money and no free time. School at least gives you the opportunity to see your friends and you dont have to give your hard earned cash to an utter **** of a landlord. In the three years since I left school I have had eight different jobs each one working for another dickhead. School may suck at the time but belive me its better than having to work for a living.

McAirborne

Jan 9, 2011
Kwaren said:
Life was simple and easy then.
For me it was sort of simple and easy as well, but i didn't really enjoy high school. I just wanted to finish so I could get on with other things. Didn't really like college either. Gonna sign up for the army, just a bit more paperwork to fill out then its off to the recruiting station. That should be a little more interesting.