Best time if your life.....is in highschool?

A big red rooster

Jul 9, 2009
Every time I hear this, I laugh. If you're convinced that the best years of your life are already behind you at graduation, then you've got a loooooooooooooong, disappointing life ahead of you already.

Feb 9, 2011
I enjoyed high school from start to finish, but it was by far not the best time of my life. The first two years I couldn't work because of my age, and the other two I worked, but was still too broke to actually do anything terribly exciting. I'd say right now is by far more fun than anything I did in my high school years.

UggBoot

Nov 2, 2010
I'm in grade 10 this year, so I don't have much to compare it to, but year 10 has been the best time of my life by far. I go to a nerd school with a great music program, which means no jocks, no bullying, no drugs or any of that, just a whole bunch of really smart people who all like music. I'm doing 3 seperate music electives 2 HPE subjects, and am in 5 different school bands. This means spending three-quarters of my itme jamming with my mates and the other quarter playing football.

I'd have to agree, high school (or my one, anyways) is awesome.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Years 8-11 have all been fairly average and already this year has been so much better. Year 12 could quite possibly be the best year of my life so far. I have graduation, schoolies, my 18th and many parties to look forward to. Just got to pass my classes and get my SACE, the rest should be a blast. I may just add that having a year 12 only section of the school is awesome!

sam42ification

Nov 11, 2010
Vault101 said:
This is more of a question

were you ever told...In highschool that this would be the "best time of your life"? if not when were you told the best time of your life would be?

and I mean seriously highschool??? what blatant lies! I imagine unlike most people here I didnt find highschool particually unbearibly horrible but I certainly didnt enjoy it all that much and it was NOT the best time of my life

also I was in boarding school which may have had somthing to do with it (no matter how good it is living in any institution gets to you after a while)

in fact I found it kind of funny one woman who was filling in as one of the staff was like "ohh! I would have loved to be in boarding school! you get to hang out with all your freinds! seriously this is the best time of your life" I wonder if she would have felt the same had she actually been in boarding school for 5 years....probably, I guess it depends on personality
Nope Your compleyely right highschool is shit no matter where you go. The kind of people who liked high school are clearly suffuring from nostalgia. I was told the same thing that high school is the best time of your life but i personally don't beleive them. Maybe being a socially awquard game nerd didn't help but i sat with a whole group of them so it wasn't like i was a loner.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Hated first highschool (well ... yeah) ... loved second highschool I enrolled myself into after moving out. I was dirt poor, over worked, struggling to pay my part of the rent, but I had fun whilst I was at it ...

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but I fucking loved high school. And I went to public.

But then again, what I loved about it can be summed up as marching band, orchestra, calculus, literary deconstruction, and Pokemon cards, so I probably can't speak for everyone >.>

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
I've only been at college for a month and a bit but it is already soooooo much better than high school. I hated being forcefed information that I would never need and I never really had much in common with anyone there, I had friends but they just weren't into videogames or anything else I liked. Now that I'm studying with people with similar interests, I can start a conversation with anyone and everyone gets what I'm talking about. High school is the best years? I don't buy it, however I haven't lived my entire life yet so we'll see.

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
I think someone once told me that and I chose not to believe it. If I had believed that my life would only get worse from there, I'd have killed myself, no question about it. High school was the single WORST time of my life, waking up every morning and praying the sun just wouldn't rise, knowing that once it did I would begin yet another miserable day surrounded by the dull and insipid - if I was lucky. If I was unlucky, I'd be sexually assaulted again.

College, though - college was the best time I've had so far. Actual intelligent discourse! Genuinely diverse people! Professors who were actually enthusiastic about their topics! I sometimes wish I had found a way to just not graduate and keep on going.

Post-college hasn't been so great. Where's that boundless opportunity I was promised?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I had sex with lots of different girls and got drunk fairly often, I spiralled into a deep depression and then broke out of it to become the badass ************ that I am today. So yeah high school was alright for me

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Yeah I was told that numerous times, but my entire 4 years of High School completely sucked compared to my 1st semester of college which isn't even over yet.

Bullied for the 1st half of High School for being a nerd instead of a jock/prep basically. 2nd half most the bullies dropped out, but I was basically a loner with one friend who pissed me off a lot. Now in college I have an entire "nerd" community to embrace me and it is FANTASTIC!

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Elementary and Highschool were both hell for me, but that's what I get for not being part of a Clique.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
High school is pretty bad. College is better. And if you didnt go to college right out of high school the best time of your life is that time between the point you graduated and the point you started to have obligations and responsibilities. Typically the best "Years" of your life are from around 18-25 area, as you are getting the freedom and not yet been crushed under the weight of burdens.

Cheskaz

Nov 20, 2009
High school has been pretty good to me, my year is very united. (We had a whole year spice girls party at the start of the year). There's only about 120 of us and it's an all girls school so aside from occastional bitching we all get along.

faselei

Jul 19, 2008
Hahahahahaha. Oh god no. They just tell you that to sell you stuff. Highschool is shite.

Its seems oh soooo important at the time but within 6 months of leaving you wont know what all the fuss was about.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
No, but I was told that high school graduation would be the most important day of my life.
Ahahaha! Oh, sweet lord. What delusional sad sack told you that? I only went because my father demanded it. You'll already have earned your diploma. Graduation itself is several hours of self-congratulatory wankery. I would have preferred to stay home rather than listening to the endless speeches and cliché well-wishing.

I mean, if you liked your school, maybe it would be a big deal. I was generally disliked in highschool, hated most of my teachers and spent 3 years depressed, so maybe I'm just cynical about it.

OT: It's a damned lie, I tell ya. See previous paragraph for contextual disclaimers, but I didn't like it at all. I do miss the ridiculous amounts of free time I had, but that just doesn't measure up to the personal and financial freedom of moving out and living your own life. Coming up on the end of my university career, I can honestly say the school itself wasn't much better. The best time of your life is when you decide to do things you enjoy.

I'm enjoying my life now more than ever, but not because of university, which was a colossal waste of time (studied Art History, so my diploma's useless). What makes this such a good time is the friends I've made, the fact that I'm free from the tyrannical grip of my crazy drunk of a mother, and the dance lessons I've started taking where I've also met people I like spending time with. If anything, I would consider highschool a dark time in my life I'd rather forget about. Look to the future, man!

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Highschool is better than college so I hope you have a good life knowing it's only going to go downhill.

StarkillerisDead

Nov 20, 2009
University kicks high school's ass. Outside of class you can do whatever you want, there's usually at least one bar on the premises and people are over all that clique-y shit from high school in general. So far its been a pretty sweet two years for me.

High school wasn't that bad, just dragged a little toward the end.