Best time if your life.....is in highschool?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I was told that and I wish I could go to those people and slap them in the face for telling me such blatant lies. It was hell for me and I couldn't wait to get to college and get away from those assholes that the teachers dared called my fellow peers.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
Year 12 was the most painful, stressful and just straight up shit year of my life. Uni is so much better.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
McAirborne said:
Kwaren said:
Life was simple and easy then.
For me it was sort of simple and easy as well, but i didn't really enjoy high school. I just wanted to finish so I could get on with other things. Didn't really like college either. Gonna sign up for the army, just a bit more paperwork to fill out then its off to the recruiting station. That should be a little more interesting.
College didn't work out for me either. Good luck with the army.

Naleh

May 25, 2010
I was never told that, but it might be true in my case. I loved the last year or two of high school.

But I'm quite enjoying university too, so far, so maybe not.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
nope. high school sucks. it's all those social groups and cliques that completely refuse to acknowledge anyone smart (aka, nerds). It seemed that the dumber and jerkier you were, the popular you got. Unless you were were female, then it was just how wide you could spread your legs.
However, I never wanted to be popular, so I was happy and I breezed through high school without any emotional baggage whatsoever.
The only people who regard high school as the best times of their lives are the people who were the popular kids back then, before they realized that being a retarded asshole doesn't get you far in life.

McAirborne

Jan 9, 2011
Kwaren said:
McAirborne said:
Kwaren said:
Life was simple and easy then.
For me it was sort of simple and easy as well, but i didn't really enjoy high school. I just wanted to finish so I could get on with other things. Didn't really like college either. Gonna sign up for the army, just a bit more paperwork to fill out then its off to the recruiting station. That should be a little more interesting.
College didn't work out for me either. Good luck with the army.
Thanks man

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Levitas1234 said:
All i do in school is get high and chill with friends, it's been pretty good.

Edit: lol just noticed, 1337 posts
haha this deserves some grats.

Naleh

May 25, 2010
Nickompoop said:
nope. high school sucks. it's all those social groups and cliques that completely refuse to acknowledge anyone smart (aka, nerds). It seemed that the dumber and jerkier you were, the popular you got. Unless you were were female, then it was just how wide you could spread your legs.
However, I never wanted to be popular, so I was happy and I breezed through high school without any emotional baggage whatsoever.
The only people who regard high school as the best times of their lives are the people who were the popular kids back then, before they realized that being a retarded asshole doesn't get you far in life.
I found that changed completely in the last few years, once most of the jerkiest kids had dropped out and the people who were left were starting to get mature.

Was my school the only one where that happened?

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
My high school experience, at least for the first two years, was utter crap. After sophomore year, when people started gaining some semblance of maturity (in other words, according to many people I knew, their maturity was catching up to mine), things got better and it became an overall decent experience for the last two years. I was never told it would be the best time of my life, because everyone knew that I was too smart to buy that line. My parents told me later that they knew even before I entered high school that it was going to suck for me, but that college was going to be awesome. And they were 100% right on the money.

So far, college was the best time in my life. But as far as an entire lifetime goes, I'm in my mid-twenties, still fairly young, and I anticipate my current situation being one of the crappiest times in my life as well. I've still got a long way to go in life, so it's hard to say what in general the best time of my life will be. It depends on the person, really.

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
Seeing as how I was majorly depressed during the first half and rather stressed trying to make up for failed classes in the second half... NO. NO IT IS NOT.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
High school was certainly not the best time of my life. While I made many longtime friends during those years, that's about the only really good thing that happened. The rest was just mediocre.

I'd have to say that the years I'm living now have been the best time so far. Recently graduated from college, batchelor enjoying life, reasonably sound financially, etc.

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
Came out much larger then I thought I would type, so I put it into a spoiler, incase anyone would like to read it.
As I am currently going through my high school years as an above intelligence under achiever, The first year sucked for me. It was me getting picked on because I was in anime, and I hardly knew anyone from anime club, so All I did was get picked on by the Jocks, which mainly consisted of one guy who was on the football team and 5 guys that followed every word he said, as well as their brothers, who were in my grade. Freshman year, I started to get a couple friends, but not many at all, but my sister was in the senior class and she kind of kept me afloat through the harder times. Sophmore year was a bit better. the people picking on me were still there but I had a couple more friends, and I started coming out with comebacks that actually worked. A majority of my social group is completed thus far. I started to stand out more and became more known within the large group of unpopular people. Now, I am nearing the end of my junior year. All of the previous jocks have left, all my friends are seniors and sophmores, a couple freshmen, and life is good. I'm president of the anime club, I've laughed at the now-graduated jocks who picked on me when they have enormous amounts of high school pride and come to our failing football teams games. My favorite part being that I posted on the homecoming games facebook page that we were going to lose, only to be called out and made fun of, to only watch our homecoming game fail when we lose 0-19 and 7-10 because people were throwing flags onto the playing field. My social group is stable with very little conflict, and includes many different people. We are all closely knit and always seem to have a good time together. Classes are doing alright, I've got a good grasp of school and I like this year, though I am worried for next year, seeing on how a lot of my friends would have graduated, but I'll be able to leave a bit of a legacy of being one of the more known people of the "unpopular" group. I wouldn't say this is the best time of my life, and I look forward to more better times in my life, such as college, hopefully marriage and such.

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
Altorin said:
It's the only time in your life when all you have to worry about is yourself. Noone else is really depending on you. So yeah, it's probably the best, most carefree time of your life, lol
Wait carefree? I'm stressed most of the time from keeping my grades up for College and maintaing my activities and getting just 5 hours of sleep.

OT: Despite what I just said their, High School has not been really all that bad, though I hope its not the best of my life. I've had a good time with my friends and the school itself never really displays much of the typical cliqueness (its an all guys high school).

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I miss high school, it was so laid back, and thinking back to how things were I think I could have gotten good grades if I actually had done some effort. I tried reading my biology book from high school, and I think I could get through it in 4-5 hours of intense reading. Things were easy, I could relax a lot. Now I am busy studying from 8am to 10PM every day, got lab work 3 times a week (not that I complain about being in a lab), where on of them involves 6 hours where you can scartch yourself, eat or drink due to dangerous chemicals all over.

Of course how you experience high school has a lot to do with how big the school is and which country you are in. In a lot of places high school is mandatory and that means all the people you hated in elementary school are still hanging on, and they're no better than they were before high school. When I started high school all those I hated from junior high started studying to be mechanics or learn to build houses (one started driving the garbage truck until he lost his license) so it as quite good. I should also mention that teachers always said they had never seen a class like ours since we were all pretty close. Yeah, I enjoyed high school, both looking back and when I went there... more looking back though.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I was actually told that "High school is the best time of your life...but you have to make it that way." This was our principal's way of saying that we should get involved in club activities.

Seeing as I'm a social anxiety neurotic mess that really didn't help me.

The truth is that high school is good for SOME people, if they're comfortable with themselves and their life, for various reasons, doesn't spiral out of control.

For others high school sucks because of the two reasons I stated before.

It's just like that "everyone is special" line. Damn optimists being so unrealistic!