Best Videogame Quote (NO Bioshock)

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Portal 2 Spoilers:
So, I've been thinking... when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE!? DEMAND TO SEE LIFE'S MANAGER! MAKE LIFE RUE THE DAY IT THOUGHT IT COULD GIVE CAVE JOHNSON LEMONS, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!? I'M THE MAN WHO'S GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS! I'M GOING TO GET MY ENGINEERS TO INVENT A SPECIAL COMBUSTIBLE LEMON THAT BURNS YOU HOUSE DOWN!

KILGAZOR

Magnificent Retard
Dec 27, 2010
No one has quoted Half Life 2? What's wrong with you people?

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes."

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
The Cave Johnson "Lemons" speech is the obvious answer for me, but I think I'll go with another one that I quite like:
"FATALITY"
It's a simple one word phrase, but it's so fun to say in a deep, brutal, enraged voice.
Also, I'm quite fond of Duke Nukem's over the top one liner:
"I'll rip your head off and sh*t down your neck!"
That quote alone is a winner for me, but the fact that he actually proceeds to commit the bizzare deed once the boss is killed just makes it even more memorable.

hitman_7

Apr 3, 2011
I´don´t know if this counts or if some one has already said it but here goes:
"The cake is a lie"
Its pretty obvious wich game is it..

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
One of my favorites is from Prototype - "Nothing can protect you from me! Not men! Not Armor! Nothing!"

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I'm really really tempted to quote Bioshock just because OP put that in there, which I find obnoxious.

"Please, present your opinions, but exclude them if they differ from my own."

It's like you're afraid of those who disagree with you.

Also, as a player of Nintendo games, I don't have a very big pool to dip from, so I'll just go with "Let's Pickle" until I think of a pertinent Travis Touchdown quote.

fates_puppet13

Dec 20, 2010
4RM3D said:
The cake is a lie
thats not a quote
its never actually said.

"I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds....or was it clowns.... it doesn't matter, it didn't slow him down. But it really began to smell! Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell, they taste of butter. And tears."

either that or

"Jyggalag! He is the Prince of Order. Or biscuits...no, no, Order! And not in a good way. Bleak. Colorless. Dead. Boring, boring, BORING! And not a fan of my work, I can tell you. Hates it, hates me. You've seen his knights. Not the warm and cuddly sort."

seogorath may not be funny afrter years of gameplay
but he does come off as kinda quirky no matter what i do

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
"I hope your talent for understatement is offset by your skill with a blaster. If not, I fear our time together will be short indeed."
"Yeah, and I'm also good at running and drinking, your majesty."
―Kreia and Atton KotOR II
Anything HK-74 says is also a classic but acouple of my favourites are:
"That is not it, master. No, that is not it either. *Sigh* that is a hinge, master." when you try and fix him and,
"Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea..."

and if I can get it right;
Muori col tuo orgoglio, per quanto vale, requiescat in pace (die with your pride, for what it's worth, rest in peace) Ezio Assassin's Creed II

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
Kaltazraza said:
"SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEE!!" Space orb.

But why not Bioshock? just curios.

Cause that game has the best quotes of any game ever.

Here's one from the plastic surgeon at the beginning of the game.

"Today I had lunch with the Goddess, "Steinman," she said... "I'm here to free you from the tyranny of the commonplace. I'm here to show you a new kind of beauty." I asked her, "What do you mean, goddess?" "Symmetry, dear Steinman. It's time we did something about symmetry...""

OT: Other than bioshock? That's really difficult. How bout this one from F.E.A.R. 2: "She WANTS you. She can SMELL you, like pizza at an anime convention."

[EDIT] I'MMMMMMMMMM HERRRRRRRRRBERRRT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Pretty much anything from Team Fortress 2.

However, to be specific...

"Gentlemen"

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
"Sorry to spoil your good looks."
--Sam Fisher after busting someone's head open against a wall Yakuza style in Splinter Cell: Conviction

Alternatively...

"Anyone who challenges us is either stupid or on Saren's payroll. Killing the latter is business. Killing the former is a favor to the universe."
--Urdnot Wrex during one of Mass Effect's obscenely long elevator rides.