Bethesda Announces The Elder Scrolls Online

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
rolfwesselius said:
Zeckt said:
Can't say I'm too happy about this, because now elder scrolls will literally be frozen with the mmo coming out. Expect the next single player elder scrolls in 10-12 years.
Its being made by zenimax online not bethesda.
READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE SAYING ANYTHING

EDIT: sorry just saw you added something.
I did, and I don't see why you are in such denial. There is still a high possibility of single player elder scrolls being frozen that you need to see, just because the mmo is made by a different company does not change that. It is VERY unlikely to release a new elder scrolls game because they will wait for the mmo to finish up its lore, which could end as stupidly as warcraft with its space alien race.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Zeckt said:
I did, and I don't see why you are in such denial. There is still a high possibility of single player elder scrolls being frozen that you need to see, just because the mmo is made by a different company does not change that. It is VERY unlikely to release a new elder scrolls game because they will wait for the mmo to finish up its lore, which could end as stupidly as warcraft with its space alien race.
the game set 1000 years before skyrim, they dont need for it to finish before they make games set after skyrim

there is this thing in the Es series called a dragon-break that lets them do anything they want with the plot.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
ZENIMAX ONLINE=/=BETHESDA STUDIOS

Read...
please.

SINGLE PLAYER WILL NOT BE AFFECTED.

No go sit in the corner and think.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Welp. I guess Elder Scrolls VI will never happen then, seem as Bethesda will now have to spend all their time keeping this running. I am disappoint.
ugh........................

BETHESDA IS NOT MAKING THE MMORPG ZENIMAX IS

How can people be this thick-headed.

This is the New Vegas was made by Obsidian not Bethesda thing all over again.

Its like people just read "Elder scrolls MMO" then ignore the entire article.

Next people will be saying doom is being made by Bethesda.
Hell, go look at the Dishonored comments on videos. Theyre hilarious.
Seriously...

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Jaeke said:
Hell, go look at the Dishonored comments on videos. Theyre hilarious.
Seriously...
It's so bad that I STILL have to correct people, to this very day, for saying Bethesda made New Vegas.

I find it funny that whenever companies do something like DLC people are up-in-arms about how "companies must think we are stupid to fall for it" yet those same people cant tell the difference between a developer and a publisher.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
KeyMaster45 said:
][li]A rabid fanbase[/li]
[li]A robust mod community[/li]
[li]A developer with a long history of high quality games[/li][/list]
Well I have problems with two things that you said.

[li]Yes, it has a rabid community, thats a fact.[/li]
[li]Modding can't be done on a MMO because it would give people freedom to openly get the best weapons. Honestly, if you allowed modding, so many people would be using the weapon that can 1 hit bosses and enemies that the game would literally be broken at the core.[/li]
[li]Finally, high quality my ass. If by "High Quality" you mean a developer that openly allows bugs if their funny into the game, bugs that they never patch and should. Low quality textures in some spots. Bad voice acting and patches that actually make certain bugs worse, yes they are very high quality. Wasn't to long ago when a patch for Skyrim made the dragons clip through the world and fly backwards.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Its going to be a stereotypical Elder Scrolls game with people who are calling you a ****** for no reason. It'll most likely have a subscription, will have their Dragon AI and will be using Skyrim's engine most likely, so that means the following:
[li]Stale combat and stale PVP.[/li]
[li]More then likely bad voice acting.[/li]
[li]Bugs such as animals telling on you to the city guard.[/li]
[li]Players will think that their the only person to save the world, and so will many others, creating heated competition between players, instead of co-operation.[/li]
[li]Nothing will be memorable after a few months such as quests, characters and the world itself.[/li]
[li]Terrible gimmick.[/li]

Yes, I'm being cynical but if anyone thinks this will come out as the WoW killer needs to take a look at better examples like Guild Wars 2, and many other F2P MMO's that are gaining in popularity. You can't beat WoW by simply having brand recognition.

Faerillis

Oct 29, 2009
Surely I can't be the only one who sees that setting this in the Second Era is a TREMENDOUSLY stupid idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the game and I love the Elder Scrolls but 1000 years beforehand is incredibly stupid.

This is a pre-established game universe, so we already know exactly what happened. Adding something big and important that is in no way mentioned in any of the games already would be an utter ass-pull. Also, what's wrong with setting it in say 4E210? You want 3 Factions? The Cyrodilic Empire (Cyrodiil, High Rock, Orc Strongholds), The Free Nations (Skyrim, Black Marsh/Morrowind, Hammerfell), and The Thalmor States (Summerset Isles, Valenwood, Elsweyr).

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Faerillis said:
Surely I can't be the only one who sees that setting this in the Second Era is a TREMENDOUSLY stupid idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the game and I love the Elder Scrolls but 1000 years beforehand is incredibly stupid.

This is a pre-established game universe, so we already know exactly what happened. Adding something big and important that is in no way mentioned in any of the games already would be an utter ass-pull. Also, what's wrong with setting it in say 4E210? You want 3 Factions? The Cyrodilic Empire (Cyrodiil, High Rock, Orc Strongholds), The Free Nations (Skyrim, Black Marsh/Morrowind, Hammerfell), and The Thalmor States (Summerset Isles, Valenwood, Elsweyr).
Actually we dont know what happened, most of the second Era is a historical dead-zone.

Also there is a thing called a dragon-break that allows Bethesda to rewrite time at their leisure.

furthermore setting during Skyrim is a even more stupid idea that would pretty much kill off the SP games.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Zeckt said:
rolfwesselius said:
Zeckt said:
Can't say I'm too happy about this, because now elder scrolls will literally be frozen with the mmo coming out. Expect the next single player elder scrolls in 10-12 years.
Its being made by zenimax online not bethesda.
READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE SAYING ANYTHING

EDIT: sorry just saw you added something.
The game is set 1000 years before skyrim just to avoid that possibility.

Faerillis

Oct 29, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Faerillis said:

Actually we dont know what happened, most of the second Era is a historical dead-zone.

Also there is a thing called a dragon-break that allows Bethesda to rewrite time at their leisure.
I'm saying that if, as is the plan, Molag Bal tried to pull all of Tamriel into his Daedric Realm of Coldharbour at any point in history there is no way we wouldn't have heard of it.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Faerillis said:
I'm saying that if, as is the plan, Molag Bal tried to pull all of Tamriel into his Daedric Realm of Coldharbour at any point in history there is no way we wouldn't have heard of it.
Again

Dragon-break

multiple parallel timelines are formed that are then merged togeather with most of each erased.

the entire game could be set during a dragon-break and just be one of the limitless timelines that got erased

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
So Bethesda stopped a game developer from creating Fallout Online (my favorite game series) and will instead put out an Elder Scrolls MMO...

Me no likey :( I want my next Fallout installment please Bethesda.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
luckycharms8282 said:
So Bethesda stopped a game developer from creating Fallout Online (my favorite game series) and will instead put out an Elder Scrolls MMO...

Bethesda stopped them because they violated their contract.

Blame Interplay's incompetence if anything.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
gigastar said:
Ok so it will be a fairly huge game, tiresome combat and probably loaded with bugs.

I think that alone qualifies it as a TES game.
"I'm tired of simply ruining individual experiences....How can we ruin thousands at once?"

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
So it begins, the inevitable is coming.

I watch on with cynical but expecting eyes.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
As long as it maintains the Elder Scrolls feel, that is to say immersion before everything else. It should be nothing more than an Elder Scrolls game in MMO fashion.

cloud nine: ah yea, that's about how I feel about this =D

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
luckycharms8282 said:

They are not making this game zenimax is making this not bethesda.

Alexchaser

Nov 9, 2009
I've always wanted to play elder scrolls multiplayer. However what i wanted was ELDER SCROLLS if they go the normal mmo route and decide to change the freeroam adventure (the very heart of the games) with the generic mmo setup it will basicly just be WOW which is just meh.

However why not co-op skyrim basically has co-op except their ai controlled why not allow a second player to control one of the mercenaries in the game that would be awesome.