Bethesda Introduces Skyrim's New Faces

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I rather like how the Argonians look! Far better than Oblivion. It has been mentioned on numerous occasions that people in the Elder Scrolls universe find it hard to interact with Argonians because they seem so emotionless and alien in nature. In this case, A La Creepy Stare.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Okay, these look really good, but can Bethesda let us make a character that ACTUALLY LOOKS HAPPY? Why does every character have to be scowling by default? And usually, if you try to give them a smile, you'll just end up messing up their facial structure.

Please, Bethesda, let me have a character that doesn't think life is pain.
Seriously?! Your avatar contradicts your desire.

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
They are all really ugly, you would think they could do better than looking filthy and pissed

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
plugav said:
Pretty good. But they should really think of some way to distinguish the Imperials from the Bretons in future games.
I couldn't really tell much of a difference either. But in-game the Bretons will probably be shorter.

Dec 27, 2010
While I'm only really concerned about the Argonians (which look incredible I might add), the Imperials, Nords and Bret(t?)ons all look quite similar in those shots, and the Mer females all look, well, ugly (okay, the Orsimer are meant to, but the other ones shouldn't).

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Leftnt Sharpe said:
.Also am I the only person who is still struggling to tell which of the human races is which?
+1, all my brain sees is "looks human" and "looks like a cat" (though it may not be helped by the fact it's 1AM). Damn, I'm turning into Kathleen [from LRR] :-D

They all look great though, but they were easier to spot in Oblivion imho.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:

Look at the Argonians, now look at the Video.

That is FAR too damn creepy.
You sir, are made of a ridiculous amount of goddamn win. Argonians, it's the Argonians who started this entire revolution against the empire! I KNEW it!! They were the first to secede....

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Is it my imagination or do most of the women have seriously scrawny necks? Especially the Khajiit.

Still, some seriously frightening faces in the batch. I LOVE the different pupils/irises and facial structures. (Now I'm not going to want to kill Bosmer because they're annoying; I'm going to want to kill them because their eyes FREAK ME OUT, maaaaan.) A lot more variation than I saw in Oblivion.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
The face paint and scar options should add some much needed variety. The faces almost look human, maybe now I won't have the urge to destroy the pitiful souls who were unfortunate enough to be born as Oblivion NPC's, and were thus subject to those hideous birth defects they pretended were faces to ease the pain

roo18

Oct 8, 2007
I'd have liked the female orcs to be a bit more... toothiter? They seem a little limp compared to how awesome the males look. Still, I'm still super excited.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
I'm really glad they made Argonians look better. I played an Argonian in both Morrowind and Oblivion, so I'm definitely creating one for Skyrim.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
ReiverCorrupter said:
plugav said:
Pretty good. But they should really think of some way to distinguish the Imperials from the Bretons in future games.
I couldn't really tell much of a difference either. But in-game the Bretons will probably be shorter.
Oh, that might be it. Although in Oblivion I usually told them apart by their mode of attack/profession.

Leftnt Sharpe said:
Clever Girl.......Also am I the only person who is still struggling to tell which of the human races is which?
I see what you did there.
And yeah, same problem here. Well, the Redguars and Nords are pretty easy to recognise, but the other two - not so much.

I remember the Imperials being ostensibly Roman in Morrowind, so maybe it's the "tanned" ones and they're supposed to look vaguely Italian/Mediterranean?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
It me or do the Argonians look a bit like Halo: Reach's Jackals?

Regardless, they look awesome. I have my race for Skyrim. <3

Dark1Elder

May 16, 2011
Those Argoians look like things of nightmares. But all of them look bad ass, can't wait for this game

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
plugav said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
plugav said:
Oh, that might be it. Although in Oblivion I usually told them apart by their mode of attack/profession.
Well, that too. I think the problem is that there's too much variety within each race. Some of the faces were recognizably Breton/Imperial but others weren't.

plugav said:
Leftnt Sharpe said:
Clever Girl.......Also am I the only person who is still struggling to tell which of the human races is which?
I see what you did there.
And yeah, same problem here. Well, the Redguars and Nords are pretty easy to recognise, but the other two - not so much.

I remember the Imperials being ostensibly Roman in Morrowind, so maybe it's the "tanned" ones and they're supposed to look vaguely Italian/Mediterranean?
Everyone looked pretty tanned to me, which is funny considering they're in the frozen north. Maybe they're just all covered in soot. The Bretons are obviously supposed to be Britons (as in the Celtic people who lived in England when the Romans invaded, not modern Brits, who are predominantly Anglo Saxon). So they should look like little Welshmen. Running around singing, stealing and buggering sheep.