Bethesda Makes Stealing and Fighting a Little Easier for Skyrim

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Listen, Bethesda: I appreciate what you're trying to do here and all, but I'm getting tired of having to change my pants every time you release news on Skyrim.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Well, there were mods changing bounty to global and making it go away after some time, but ya, good call on that one.

SilverStrike said:
Neverwinter Nights 1, roughly ten years ago, had the option to have a torch in off-hand.
..That's how long it's taken Bethesda to catch on. =p
Neverwinter Nights was an FPS with real-time combat? Well I'll be damned, played the game for the last 10 years and never noticed.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Irridium said:
More voice actors?

Hallelujah!

But... how many more? Because if they just went from "10" to "11" or something like that, I'll be pissed.
Oh no they went all out it's 12 now
O.T. I really can't wait for this game now I think I'll put some money aside while I still have it for this game

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
As long as I can take a sexy female assassin through a city, killing marks while avoiding the guards, I'll be happy.

In Oblivion, if you didn't one shit kill a character, even when they're alone in their house, every guard in the universe suddenly had a bounty out on me.

[HEADING=1]STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM![/HEADING]
I wonder if they'll keep that line as an easter egg.

OT: I really, REALLY hope they scrap Oblivion's fast travel system, it was just no fun getting through quests by sitting through loading screens and not feeling like i'd really traveled anywhere.

Also, a good idea for a spell with torches would be an attack that sprays fire from the torch like a flamethrower.

EDIT: I also pray they add loads more weapons and armor items to the game, Morrowind had a good selection of gear but Oblivion's was just too...Bland. All the arms and armor just felt like the usual par for medieval fantasy, iron, steel, etc.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
Saelune said:
Well, the generic names for those guilds mean its the official guilds. Therefore that "fighter's guild" is not affiliated with the Imperial one, and the Mage's Guild had apparently been shut down by the player's Arch Mage after the events of Oblivion.
The player Arch-Mage got sick of watching the wizards do nothing worthwhile all day, and also out of spite against them for making him/her work through at least 8 quests before becoming an actual student.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
badgersprite said:
Allow me to use gifs to sum up my reaction:

So, yeah, no, I'm not excited by this at all. And I totally didn't just ruin my pants.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go chan--I mean, I have to not change my pants.
That first gif needs explaining...

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
Irridium said:
More voice actors?

Hallelujah!

But... how many more? Because if they just went from "10" to "11" or something like that, I'll be pissed.
50 people worked on oblivion 100 people are working on skyrim

OT:This sounds awesome

baboon 101

Jun 11, 2009
I vaguely remember hearing about the local bounty thing before. I think I also heard that a high enough bounty will affect you no matter where you hide, which makes sense, but I might be wrong.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
Agent Larkin said:
Now if they get rid of the spiders I'll buy this game on the day of release.
You and me both, i hate spiders, and giant ones will make me shit my pants while playing.

Captcha: Appred Fratute? WHAT?!

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
I was hoping for an elders scrolls equivalent to the ballistic fist from new vegas, like a crossbow bolt glove of something. Ah well, even if buying skyrim gave me cancer I'd still buy it first day :D

Eponet

Nov 18, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Sounds good, just have to hope they tweak lockpicking. I simply couldn't get anywhere with that beyond the Easy locks and had to collect hundreds of picks or the Skeleton Key in order to Auto-Attempt over and over again.
But...but...then I wont be able to open any locks beyond journeyman, or at least put some points into it. I was absolutely horrible with Morrowind's system and was forced into making a lock opening enchanted item to compensate.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Frozengale said:
5 bucks says that one of the first 5 mods for skyrim will be adding in hand to hand combat.
5 quid itll be a nude mod.
that's why I said one of the first 5 mods... of course the first mod is going to be a nude mod

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
I'm remaining cautiously optimistic, but this is sounding like my game of the year so far.

Hopefully this will all play out nicely and Fallout will get a sweet overhaul too in the next few years.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
kayisking said:
Andronicus said:
You're puny gameplay reports mean nothing to me. I shall be buying this game launch day regardless of any improvements/bugs/price increases/delays/family issues/apocalypses.
Be careful, you don't want them to hear that.
Indeed, if they knew their customers thought that way there would be no reason for them to not Activision the crap out of the series.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Agent Larkin said:
Indeed, giant spiders are never allowed to exist. If we ever meet an alien race of giant spiders, I don't care how peaceful and benevolent they are, we have no choice but to wipe them out. But I think that's a moot point because it is logically impossible for a giant spider to be benevolent.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
ReiverCorrupter said:
Agent Larkin said:
Indeed, giant spiders are never allowed to exist. If we ever meet an alien race of giant spiders, I don't care how peaceful and benevolent they are, we have no choice but to wipe them out. But I think that's a moot point because it is logically impossible for a giant spider to be benevolent.
I see someone else subscribes to the Starship Troopers school of thought when it comes to alien spiders.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Agent Larkin said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Agent Larkin said:
I see someone else subscribes to the Starship Troopers school of thought when it comes to alien spiders.
Wasn't even thinking of Starship Troopers, it's a universal truth.