Bethesda Outlines Skyrim 1.5

Jun 11, 2008
So from what I can gather I'm in the minority of people who do not more kill cams or at least wants an option to turn them off. When I got the Deadly Combat odd for Oblivion it was not for flashy combat it was for fun and more engaging combat not the boring slog that is TES combat. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining that is free but just an option to remove it as the killcam kill my immersion.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I hope they made a bow killcam like the one in Red Dead Redemption where you go up real close and shoot the guy from below the chin. That would be pretty cool.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
lithium.jelly said:
Zaydin said:
Hrm, looks like they are finally fixing the bug that prevents players from not being able to marry Lydia. That should make some people very happy.
I already fixed that in mine, I've been married to Lydia for a while now. It's just a quick console command on PC.

BTW, speaking of Skyrim bugs and the fixing thereof, does the image below look familiar? I seem to have picked up a bugged spell effect or something that won't go away and doesn't show up in the list of current effects. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything, it's just visual, but it's starting to get quite annoying. I have the thing you see below stuck to my character's feet, or waist when she's on a horse, with a constant billowing fog cloud streaming off it. AND I CAN'T GET RID OF IT!

Well, when you get them stuck in your character, all you have to do is empty your inventory, maybe that would help? :\

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Das Boot said:
Li Mu said:
Das Boot said:
Oh I understand that now. Skyrim was my first and will definitely be my last elder scrolls game. Its also the reason I feel that it was a steaming pile of shit. I check the news when I see the title to laugh at how people praise a game and developer who continues to treat them like mentally retarded children.
I would be interested to know why you feel that they are treating fans like mentally retarded children.
You are perfectly entitled to dislike the game. If it's not your thing then it's simply not your thing. But I am very curious to discover what exactly you class as 'treating like retarded children'.

If your main argument is "THE MADE A GAME WITH BUGS CUZ THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT DA FANS" then you probably shouldn't bother replying as it would waste your time and mine.
The reason I said that is because they have blatantly lied again and again about fixing bugs and people actually believe them. The most obvious one is the ps3 lag problem which they said they fixed two or three times and last I heard its still there. They are also spending time creating new animations and minor bug changes and ignoring the major issues people are having.
Well, the problem with the PS3 doesn't seem to be something they can fix, if we're being honest. They've been trying to since FO3.

Not the whole team is working on glitches (cos not everyone has that kind of experience or ability) and not the whole team is working on making new content. Bethesda is a huge development team.

And let's be honest, have you ever assisted in a FOSS (or even larger) program's debugging? Not even small projects are bug free. Imagine debugging code for a game with the complexity and size of Skyrim.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Okay, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy those arrow kill cams when I go on my next extreme range sniping excursion.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Das Boot said:
The reason I said that is because they have blatantly lied again and again about fixing bugs and people actually believe them. The most obvious one is the ps3 lag problem which they said they fixed two or three times and last I heard its still there. They are also spending time creating new animations and minor bug changes and ignoring the major issues people are having.
But surely you know that bug fixing is a tricky process. In many cases fixing one bug inadvertently causes another. Why would a company deliberately lie about fixing a bug if they hadn't? I mean, as you have stated, everyone will easily see that the bug isn't fixed.
If they said that they had fixed it then I truly believe that they must have thought they did, but sadly they were wrong.

I see no logical reason why a company would lie about fixing things when they didn't. Infact, most companies would rather ignore a bug completely rather. (I'm talking about YOU 'The Creative Assembly')

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
You're seriously telling me that they're adding more cinematic kills but still aren't allowing us to turn them off? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...................

Yes, I hate these things. They not only take away controls from the player to show me something that I've probably seen quite a few times by now, but completely prevent me from going near enemies that can kill me in one or two hits without giving me a chance to dodge or block the attack due to being unable to do anything during the cinematic. They also interrupt whatever I was doing (healing, attacking, etc.) and suck me into them even when I'm out of range. I'm a PS3 player, and these finishing cinematics honestly are the thing that breaks the game for me. As someone who likes the maneuverability of Light Armor and hates how abusable Smithing is - it becomes common place for me to run into enemies that can kill me in one or two hits, so dodging and blocking become essential for survival. Being unable to dodge or block an otherwise lethal blow (that can take out over seventy percent of my health, especially on harder difficulties) because the game wants my death to be flashy is gamebreaking for me. Bethesda, ADD AN OPTION TO TURN THESE OFF ALREADY!!

Inb4 someone says "quit trolling", I'm being serious. I've never like these cinematics and wish I could turn them off like in Fallout: New Vegas. I've also been tight on cash and can't afford the PC version yet, so for now I can't just mod this out of the game.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Simonoly said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Simonoly said:
I'm loving the new additions. But why have Bethesda still not fixed the bugs that are present in every single version/copy of Skyrim by now?
Das Boot said:
Does anybody else not find it hilarious that they are spending time creating new kill cams and other worthless crap where there is still so many game breaking bugs that have yet to be addressed.
Fappy said:
Wow, they tiptoed around it but still haven't managed to fix the gamebreaking main quest bug that me and a bunch of others encountered where you can't start the quest "A Cornered Rat"? They fixed a bug regarding it but not the one that prevented getting it. You'd think the main quest would be a priority... :/
You should have all known that when you play an Elder Scrolls game you have to have at least 20 progressive saves that you can reload when you inevitably run into game breaking bugs. Sure, it means that you'll have to replay hours and hours. I lost track of how many times I had to reload 5-10+ hours old saves. I'm not trying to excuse Bethesda or say that it's okay, this is the sad reality of the Elder Scrolls series.

Earnest Cavalli said:
Granted, it's a minor tweak, but since years of videogames have made me a murderous sociopath, I dig it. The only thing better than killing some jerk is killing him with slow-motion flair!
Fantastic.
Indeed I have around 15 rolling saves on both my 360 and PC versions of Skyrim. It's been standard practice for me since Morrowind. I'm just really surprised that the bugs that aren't variable (i.e. the bugs that everyone will experience due to coding errors present in every single version of Skyrim) have yet to be fixed. I can't really envisage a Bethesda game without bugs - it's part of the umm.......charm.
Well, they've at least been trying to fix some of them. Maybe the ones you're concerned with are the trickiest. I actually don't remember getting screwed too often by Morrowind on the PC, but MY GOD DID THE XBOX VERSION SCREW ME. That game was just a bit more than the poor ol' Xbox could handle.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Das Boot said:
Tanis said:
So this means I'll FINALLY be able to finish The Companions quest on the PS3?
I think that would require them to first fix the horrendous lag issue the ps3 has.
Which would require them to fix the PS3, the PS3's hardware just doesn't want to run anything with large saves.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Ugh, the kill cams. They worked great in Fallout 3, and they will probably work for spells and ranged attacks, but they suck for melee. When you're fighting someone and the game shoves you into third person, it means one of two things- either you got a special kill on the enemy, or the enemy has mostly randomly decided to make you dead right now regardless of your health and the game said 'ok'. When there's a lot of shit going on and you're in a tense battle it's harrowing to see that slow-motion third person shot until you can make out exactly what's going on. Worse than that, the special kills are often worse to pull off than a regular attack. I remember sneaking up behind a bandit to backstab him while his friend slept nearby once. If I got the special kill off his friend would stand up and be poised to hack me once the game decided to give me back control. One axe to the head and loading of an autosave later, I found out that if I didn't trigger a special kill animation I could attack the second bandit while he was getting up!

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
V da Mighty Taco said:
You're seriously telling me that they're adding more cinematic kills but still aren't allowing us to turn them off? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...................

Yes, I hate these things. They not only take away controls from the player to show me something that I've probably seen quite a few times by now, but completely prevent me from going near enemies that can kill me in one or two hits without giving me a chance to dodge or block the attack due to being unable to do anything during the cinematic. They also interrupt whatever I was doing (healing, attacking, etc.) and suck me into them even when I'm out of range. I'm a PS3 player, and these finishing cinematics honestly are the thing that breaks the game for me. As someone who likes the maneuverability of Light Armor and hates how abusable Smithing is - it becomes common place for me to run into enemies that can kill me in one or two hits, so dodging and blocking become essential for survival. Being unable to dodge or block an otherwise lethal blow (that can take out over seventy percent of my health, especially on harder difficulties) because the game wants my death to be flashy is gamebreaking for me. Bethesda, ADD AN OPTION TO TURN THESE OFF ALREADY!!

Inb4 someone says "quit trolling", I'm being serious. I've never like these cinematics and wish I could turn them off like in Fallout: New Vegas. I've also been tight on cash and can't afford the PC version yet, so for now I can't just mod this out of the game.
Also, all of this.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Buretsu said:
Zaydin said:
Hrm, looks like they are finally fixing the bug that prevents players from not being able to marry Lydia. That should make some people very happy.
I can see the wedding now.

"Do you, Lydia, take the Dovahkiin as your lawfully married husband?"
"*sigh* I am sworn to carry their burdens..."
This made me laugh way more than it should! Thanks for that.

OT: I'm more concerned, like most, about glitches that seem to prevent actual progression. Kill cams for ranged weapons is all very impressive but it's no good if you can't, you know, actually play the game.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Well, it'll be nice to have ranged killcams and all, but I don't see how they'll make them that excit-*Sees the huge blast wave of fire* SWEET MOTHER OF GANDALF!

Time to get back on my battlemage character, methinks.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
*salute* Farewell, Smithing power-levelling. You have served my Breton well. You shall be missed, but I thank you for the time we had together.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
Not playing until they fix Mora's daedric quest. Or until DLC.
Not starting a new game for 1 achievement.