Bethesda Raising Fallout 4 DLC Season Pass Price and Details First Content

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Bethesda Raising Fallout 4 DLC Season Pass Price and Details First Content

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1278/1278273.pngClaims pass offerings will be a $60 value, adjusts accordingly.

Bethesda Game Studios has announced that they will be raising the price of the Season Pass for Fallout 4 from $29.99 to $49.99, effective March 1, as the publisher has decided to expand their content plans for the title which has been their most successful to date. All previous purchases of the Season Pass will still include all DLC content, which will now represent a retail value of $60 if purchased separately.

Details on the first three content expansions have also been provided, which will roll out over the next three months. Automatron, arriving in March, introduces robot building and "a horde of evil robots" to the game. Robots will be built by combining collected parts, including limbs, weapons, and armor. Wasteland Workshop follows in April with new construction options for settlements, including traps to capture enemies for later use in gladiatorial combat.

[gallery=5716]

The May release of Far Harbor will take players out of the Commonwealth and off the coast of Maine to look for a secret colony of synths. Boasting what Bethesda says is the largest landmass the company has yet created for an add-on, it will feature new settlements and creatures, along with faction quests in a story which puts a town in the middle of a conflict between the synths and the Children of Atom.

Source: Bethesda [https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77]

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
so... I just have to wait even longer before it drops to a price I'm willing to pay? Joking aside, Fallout 4 was one of the biggest disappointments for me, and I doubt the DLC would be what changes my mind.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Hmm, weird, I mean I'm a sucker so I bought the pass already, but this seems like a dumb move, especially because of peoples growing hostility towards DLC/season passes.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
SIXTY!? SIXTY!? Are you as high as a fucking kite Bethesda?

I know that your DLC tends to be a cut above the rest Bethesda, but that is asking for a GIANT leap of faith.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
erttheking said:

I know that your DLC tends to be a cut above the rest Bethesda, but that is asking for a GIANT leap of faith.
Don't buy it then.

How is this an issue? It's like people keep forgetting what being a corporation is about. They exist to do one thing and one thing only - make more money. No one is demanding that you buy their products. Exercise some fuckin' restraint every once in a while and don't buy shit if you don't think the price is right.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
Boasting what Bethesda says is the largest landmass the company has yet created for an add-on [...]
I'm not sure how I feel about the price hike, but this sentence really bugs me. Bethesda, God of Dead Worlds, bragging about the size of their world often means that the actual depth will suffer. Maybe I'm wrong, since they actually seem to do a lot better with DLC than main games, but I'm never enthused when they start boasting about the size of a map.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Adam Jensen said:
erttheking said:

Don't buy it then.

How is this an issue? It's like people keep forgetting what being a corporation is about. They exist to do one thing and one thing only - make more money. No one is demanding that you buy their products. Exercise some fuckin' restraint every once in a while and don't buy shit if you don't think the price is right.
I subscribe to the train of thought that I shouldn't just not buy what I don't like and then keep my mouth shut. I happen to like voicing my disapproval. They exist to make money? I don't care. That's not my prerogative. When I'm looking at trends in the gaming industry, I'm looking towards the future. Because we're already pretty far down the slippery slope and I don't like where we're going.

The season pass is something that's getting more and more ridiculous with the price getting higher and higher and I'm expressing my disapproval at it. If you don't like me doing this. Well. I'm not sorry.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
erttheking said:

You still have until March 1st to buy the season pass at $30.

Methinks t'is a good tactic by Bethesda.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Frezzato said:
erttheking said:

Honestly that just infuriates me even more. Pressuring people into making a buy otherwise the price will double.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Just another reason to wait for the Game of the Year / Ultimate / Whatever edition next year that'll have it all.

Plenty of great mods bound to be around by then as well.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
I've been waiting to see what mods will be like on console before I get Fallout 4, but this means I may as well just wait for the GotY edition, 'cause fuck season passes and overpriced DLC.

Iterative tweaks and updates to games like these also make a huge difference to the experience over the months, so increasingly the player's better off waiting for the 'complete' product to finally cohere.

Oh, but on a positive note: Far Harbour sounds rather nifty.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
erttheking said:
Frezzato said:
erttheking said:

Honestly that just infuriates me even more. Pressuring people into making a buy otherwise the price will double.
Heh, I don't feel much in terms of pressure tactics with games. Because I prefer DLC on disc (plus I'm a super cheapskate bastard) I'll just wait a year and get the whole thing plus DLC for less than $30.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Far Harbor sounds good, the rest dont interest me at all. So, like usual, will just wait for the GOTY edition that will have everything. Fallout 4 was fun but they made all the factions boring and never gave you any reason to join any of them. This surprises me because the Elder Scrolls games have interesting faction missions which enables you to learn more about them while doing missions. Where as in Fallout 4 it was just redoing the same quest again and again.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
It's funny because it probably will have at least 50% less than some regular Expansion pack would have, while it costs 2 times as much.
Good job Bethesda. Just one more reason to avoid you like the plague... or EA.
Not that I planed getting FO4 seeing how awful it is.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
So i have played 516 hours of fallout 4, and still play it, its worth what i payed for it, and the season pass.

If you didn't like the game, that is fine, carry on, and stop wining about it when the dlc comes out.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
FogHornG36 said:
So i have played 516 hours of fallout 4, and still play it, its worth what i payed for it, and the season pass.

If you didn't like the game, that is fine, carry on, and stop wining about it when the dlc comes out.
I will *Whine about it as much as I god damn please, thank you very much.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
FogHornG36 said:

I think erttheking made a sound point earlier: We should voice our opinions in addition to spending (or keeping) our money.
If you think you got your money's worth, awesome. Stand tall, friend and let us know why.
If you think this is a bad idea, don't buy it and try to explain why.
We don't have to convince each other, or anyone else, but the dialog is important, and who knows, maybe someone important will even notice it.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
shirkbot said:
FogHornG36 said:

I think erttheking made a sound point earlier: We should voice our opinions in addition to spending (or keeping) our money.
If you think you got your money's worth, awesome. Stand tall, friend and let us know why.
If you think this is a bad idea, don't buy it and try to explain why.
We don't have to convince each other, or anyone else, but the dialog is important, and who knows, maybe someone important will even notice it.
The issue isn't what he's saying, it's where he's saying it. I doubt anyone who even remotely helps make decisions at any major game company reads The Escapist, let alone the comments. Complaining here, where the majority of people share his opinion that the Season Pass idea is trash, isn't terribly productive.

erttheking said:
FogHornG36 said:

I will *Whine about it as much as I god damn please, thank you very much.
Why not send a letter or an e-mail to the people that actually make the decisions?