Bethesda Rewarding Parents That Name Children "Dragonborn"

DracheX

Feb 4, 2011
Would prbably fit if they live in eastern Europe. correct me if im wrong. And cant the parents legally change the name of the baby?

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Valkyrie101 said:
Well isn't that just great. Condemning kids to years of bullying for the sake of publicity. I hate to be a killjoy, but really...?
TGBA said:
I certainly hope that the reward is worth the endless teasing and probable psychological damage of your child...
... Because... he/she has a weird name? Maybe that's a big deal where you come from, but in that case I don't think the name is the real problem here.

Eumersian said:
Those have to be some really lame parents if they would name their kid "Dragonborn". I know that nerds are much more in charge of culture than they used to be, but really. Parents naming their kids something stupid like "Dragonborn" or "Moon Unit" honestly have no regard to the life that they helped create. It's better to give them a normal name that they might hate instead of a lame name that they will hate.

IMO.
They're asking you to name the kid Dovahkiin, not Dragonborn.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Hmm. As awesome as that is, I don't think I'd ever want to have the name of my child directly associated with a marketing ploy.

Kind of takes the personal joy out of that part of becoming a parent, y'know?
This. It's quite degrading, when you think about it.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Considering some of the names that crop up in The Elder Scrolls lore, "Dovahkiin" isn't too bad...

In the spirit of ruining the lives of unborn children, I will double, no quadruple Bethesda's prize and offer 4 "unknown" rewards for any Oblivion fan who conceives a child and names them "Tom Titty".

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
I wish my name was Dovahkiin. People could just call me Kiin for short. It would be awesome.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
That is a freakin' awesome name, so it wouldn't be that bad to have it. And what if having the name gives you the powers of the Dragonborn? I mean, it's not like anyone has ever named their child Dovankiin.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Congratulations! You have just thrown away all of your child's hope of having friends and a normal life! Well done! For this, your reward is...
AN IN GAME HAT!!! WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!!!

TimeLord75

Sep 3, 2009
Sounds more like some kind of drug to me.
"How's that erectile dysfunction going, Tom?"
"Oh, it's way better, now that I'm on Dovahkiin."

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Valkyrie101 said:
Well isn't that just great. Condemning kids to years of bullying for the sake of publicity. I hate to be a killjoy, but really...?
What's up with everyone going "Oh deary me, the kid will be made fun of!" Dovahkiin is a friggin' cool name, you can be "Dovan" or "Ken" or "Dov-kin" or even "DK".

Sounds like a Russian pastry or something.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
There are a number of countries that screen baby names for just such a reason. I doubt anyone will "win" this contest - and I rather hope they don't.