Bethesda Shows Off QuakeCon Skyrim Characters

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Here's hoping that either in this game, or the future they give the ability to change body type.

I mean, I love seeing a ripped old man, and a voluptuous grandma, but come now...

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
Thank you for posting these. Not only are the characters looking spectacular, but the backgrounds really show off the new level of detail present, and frankly I think this looks incredible.

However, just like in all previous Elder Scrolls, the wonderful characters we create will be hidden behind helmets. But, it's nice to see what the NPCs can look like :)

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I think I stand alone when I say... Morrowind's Characters looked better in comparison to Oblivion.

Just for the fact they looked like people, rather than, as the article says, "Balloon people".

Its only down side was the lack of face customization in Morrowind. Choose from predetermined Hair and Face. But at least they looked good.

Skyrim seems to add the ability to customize the face. But also keeps the characters from looking like balloons... This should be good.
:D

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
The Orcs don't look very orcish.

Am I the only one who thinks the Skyrim Argonians are sexy?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The Orc's look badass will be rolling one of them on my second playthrough as I'm still going a Nord for my first. Khajiit's look awesome, probably the first time I've liked the look of them. I didn't really like the Bosmer though, but then, I have never liked Bosmer.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Loving it. Hopefully they won't look like freaks in motion, that's the real test of any engine based on Oblivions. Those people looked fucked up.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
This will be my template:
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/MED/27/2773/G1LTD00Z/posters/chuck-norris.jpg

It looks... beautiful.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Though the characters do look good and well detailed i hope when i talk to those characters that the camera doesn't suddenly zoom into their souless expressionless face like the past few titles have done because it just creeps me out and breaks my immersion.
It doesn't, the leaked 30 minute gameplay demo showed your character talking to a blacksmith and he just continued sharpening a axe on a grinding wheel while talking to your character, the guy playing the demo showed that the conversations weren't static by walking away while the blacksmith was still talking about stuff.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
Aww no lady characters? I want to play a Nord Female and want to know that she won't end up as some cross races Xena all the time.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
As in every character creator ever, hair still looks weird. Otherwise, people that actually look like people! Wow!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
The Orcs don't look very orcish.
This.

Although I can't dispute the pure AWESOME that these characters are... I have to agree they all look a little too human. I LIKED the Orcs of Oblivion, they actually looked like another species. But here they just look like green humans with a few tweaks. In fact the elf races don't look all that disimilar apart from some differing skin tones...

The Argonians and Kajiit however... VAST improvement. Good job that either one of those would be my choice.

Mikeyfell said:
Am I the only one who thinks the Skyrim Argonians are sexy?
*Ahem* No. No, you're not.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Ok, forgive me for being a noob who's never played an elder scrolls game, but what race is the second picture? Because that guy looks fucking impressive. Does the ES universe have drow? Then again he doesn't have pointy ears... now that I look at it again.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
The argonians and... cat people... look amazing. Especially the argonian, it looks less like humanoid with scales and more iguana turned human.

ostro-whiskey

Aug 23, 2009
If the plot revolves around you being one of the Dovahkiin , what logic is there in making the protagonist anything but a Nord ?

It seems nonsensical to me.

S14

Aug 15, 2011
@Innegativeion The second guy is a Redguard

btw they look awesome 11/11/11 cannot come soon enough

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Message me for the 30min demo vid. (670 MB uncompressed, but will compress). It's the best video out their, and very very detailed gameplay. It will tide you over for now.