Bethesda Working on Two Games at Once, Says Producer

Jan 23, 2009
"He did say though, that once the game was announced it would the shortest time between announcement and release of any Bethesda game ever"

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I really really enjoyed TES series.

That said, shutup about hoping for a 5th one. I want a new IP, don't you?

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
godofallu said:
I really really enjoyed TES series.

That said, shutup about hoping for a 5th one. I want a new IP, don't you?
...no, not really. I want a fifth Elder Scrolls and a fourth Fallout. I'm kinda easy to please like that.

Also, I hope by 'shortest time between', they pull a Microsoft and announce it same day it's headed to stores. No one would see it coming.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Chal said:
That's exactly what I'm getting at. Oblivion felt like a step down in so many directions, but the complaints are about how it looks? Whenever I see a thread on graphics vs gameplay, people overwhelming vote for the latter, but I consistently fail to see this value represented in any other topic that comes up.

I really wish game developers weren't so pressured into having games look right instead of feeling right. Morrowind was overflowing with atmosphere. I count it among my all-time favorites, animations/combat be damned. It was fun to explore and had depth to it. I'm not sure if Bethesda can pull it off again, but I'll be eagerly awaiting their new titles nonetheless.
Considering how early Oblivion came out for the 360, it was in my opinion one of the best looking games! It was the biggest game and could outperform other titles on the same platform when you consider how grand a scale the game has compared to a linear shooter or something of the likes.

I honestly can't see Bethesda creating this expansive world just to drop it like it never existed. There are still so many different regions to explore with different stories to tell. Cyrodiil was in all honesty quite boring because it was not fleshed out well. But look at Morrowind, just the Ashlander culture alone contrasted with the local Dark Elves, along with the feeling of isolation as an "outlander." Imagine if they combined a two or three smaller regions! The diversity in cultures in one land alone one would be great material, but imagine the impact it could have on trading and clashes between entire lands.

The point is that there is a LOT they can do to improve upon TES, while expanding on previously touched on themes.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
I may be wrong, but I thought that every Elder Scrolls was made from the ground up - that it used a different engine. Perhaps what I was looking at was just pertaining to Oblivion.

Anyway, even if the next Elder Scrolls game does use a modified Fallout 3 engine, I'm sure that it will be amazing.

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
Ohh goody. More games that Bethesda can release multi-platform but screw the ps3 owners out of DLC for the first year or so.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
r_Chance said:
Bruin said:
I didn't like Oblivion's failure of an immersion factor and quite honestly the whole game became pretty repetitive for me once I found out all the scenery was the same, all the voices were the same and melee combat was just plain boring. Fallout 3 did a better job of making the scenarios feel more engaging, but the premise for both games as far as storytelling goes just seemed so fragile to me. "You are the chosen one the emperor selected in his homoerotic dreams, (even though you're a convict) so you must save the world ending in an epic dragon fight," and "You lost your dad," both seemed like weak plots to me. The saving grace of both games being that you can do whatever you want in them--something that stands on fairly loose soil when you've beaten the quests and gotten the best gear. In any case, I hope both sequels are better than their predecessors, as the list of games worth playing anymore is shrinking by the day.

If you want a sand box game (and I do) I think you have to be prepared to deal with a loose / minimal main story line. If it's a tightly scripted engaging must do main story arc all that sandbox is going to be wasted...

Personally I'd be happy with a sand box game with a number of large quests embedded (and more added by dlc / add on packs) and no game ending main story. Well, really happy if they dropped the scaling of encounters to match your level (which makes levelling up a pointless thing), low level and high level adventures / areas work fine for that.
..and make encounters less of a crapshoot. I seriously got sick of running into deathclaws and super mutants when I was only around level 3 in Fallout 3. Of course the fact that my dump stat was luck may have had something to do with that...

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
irishdude said:
cant see it being fallout 4 with new vegas out this year, one of these new game has to be Elder Scrolls 5, its what 4 or 5 years since ES4
around 4 and half years. That's around the same amount of time from the release of Morrowind to the release of Oblivion. And since this game will probably be coming out 2011 it will be 5 years, so I think they have put enough time into this game that we can be certain that major changes, and enhancements have been made.

DiabolicalCactus

Aug 17, 2010
If TES V is not one of these two titles that Bethesda's working on now, I will likely have some sort of fanboy aneurism.

Now i'm not that much of a gamer, but I'm freaking out now that you've mentioned something of a chance for a new Elder Scrolls game in the near future.

Of course, if it's not TES V and is a new game based on the same engine (and basic idea [open-world RPG]) as FO3/TES, I might be just as pleased as long as it is good. And fantasy, or at least not post-apocalypse SF. I'm getting awfully sick of the wasteland.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
ELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROLLSELDER SCROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

I wants it.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
I note how he said "Same engine as Fallout 3." Something tells me it's Fallout. If not, Edler Scrolls now has Crossbows, or something.
Why not? They already have bow&arrows and range spells and those really needed a vats like system.

Whatever it is they plan on announcing, I'm sure my wife and I will both become unapologetically addicted to it.

DiabolicalCactus

Aug 17, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
Jack and Calumon said:
I note how he said "Same engine as Fallout 3." Something tells me it's Fallout. If not, Edler Scrolls now has Crossbows, or something.
Why not? They already have bow&arrows and range spells and those really needed a vats like system.
Don't forget, Morrowind had crossbows (and throwing stars and spears and darts and such). It wouldn't be anything new.

0a0x0e0

Aug 17, 2010
I really hope it's a TES5 game too... I would probably poop myself. Better start wearing dipers if I am going to check threads with "Bethesda" in the title now days.