Beyblades

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
I remeber sticking little pieces of metal to the edges of mine using super glue. It was awesome. Not only would they destroyt everyones at school but when I thought with just mine they used to make sparks! >:D

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Never did understand it. Thought it died out several years ago, but now I'm given to understand it's back again. Caught the show a couple of times and it didn't seem too bad.

bigmolejack

Oct 9, 2010
I feel compelled to comment. I once painted a normal one black and sold it for a much higher price. A gentle introduction into the world of fraud.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
I loved the toys and i like the anime series....to an extent... As soon as they made the tops CG and they actually chibi'd up the main characters in the second series it kinda went down hill. Now there is a new series with new characters and you won't catch me dead watching it. On the other had the toys were great. I always tried to improve my top to move like in the anime. I actually got my tops to spin fast enough to actually melt the plastic of the little stadiums, thus fucking up almost anyone who tried to go against me. Good times

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Quite possibly the lamest anime to ever exist. Absolutely no-one i knew liked/watched/participated in anything to do with it, and if they did they were bullied mercilessly, which was of course completely justified.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I was the one who (proudly) introduced Beyblade to my school/community. Bought them in Canada before the were introduced in Sweden.

And yes, they were awesome.

MrCherry

Oct 2, 2010
Standby said:
Quite possibly the lamest anime to ever exist. Absolutely no-one i knew liked/watched/participated in anything to do with it, and if they did they were bullied mercilessly, which was of course completely justified.
I loved it, still love the Anime, and I was NEVER bullied because of it...

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
Redlin5 said:
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
They were awesome. I might start taking mine to college.

LET IT RIP.
Dude, if we were in the same college I'd totally battle you.

[HEADING=2]Let it Rip![/HEADING]

I don't actually know where mine are at the moment though. Some place in my room back in my parents house.

Rakkana said:
How could I forget. Beyblade along with Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh kept me alive as a child.
Hey, someone else with my childhood :D *highfive*

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Did anyone else giggle when a friend shouted that catch phrase? It always reminded me of flatulence :)[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Did you ever get the breakfast cereal tops? Back when they used to do free gifts in cereal boxes, they were pretty cool. (though I could be wearing nostalgia goggles)
They started a new series so they are selling them again in stores. The downside is the main characters beyblade is a fucking Unicorn. Not like a final fantasy bad ass thing. It's just a magic unicorn. I shit you not.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
tomtom94 said:
I remember these...I also recall the cartoon being utterly insane but fantastically watchable.
haha you reminded me of a time I was going to see some movie with a friend of mine and we got talking about beyblade and I was really into it and explained what it was.

He looked me in the eye and said "so the bad guys are trying to take over the world with spinning tops?"

I felt deflated.
Now I think back it makes me laugh. The Anime wasnt bad the game was fun.
I had all 4 of the Bladebreakers blades ^_^

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
beyblade isnt' dead, in fact there's a new series airing right now on the kid channels.

I lost faith in the show after the first season though, that was the best.

I still have my blades! Tricked out for epicness!!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I remember watching the show.

I never bought any Beyblades though. They were ridicoulously expensive. Instead, I'd buy these Dracco spin tops. I guess they were a total ripoff, but they cost $4 a piece and I beat everyone I went up against with this one special top that was really awesome.

I miss those times.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
I used to have two official ones, and a few fake ones. The fake ones were shit, yes, but my official defense beyblade was the shit!

No idea where they're at now though. Probably in a box in the attic somewhere, together with my collection of rare Sandshrew and Sandslash cards...

*nostalgic sigh*

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Man, I remember those things... I used to think they were the coolest thing ever, but my school banned them when someone brought the bouncing one to school and it hopped up and hit some kid in the eye...<.<

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I used to have some! I had that green one with the metal ring inside it which would always win because it was really heavy :D

I can't remember its name now...

EDIT: I just remembered that we had flip-up desks in the classrooms and we used to spin them inside the desks. Once a teacher noticed and I managed to give her the crappy purple one and hide the green one. I was so proud :D

Keroyx

Mar 16, 2010
When I first heard of Beyblade as a kid, I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world...then I watched the first episode of the Tv Show and was hooked.

Go Cartoon Marketing, huh?