Lt. Vinciti said:
Dear Bethesda,

Please-
Buy Obsidian Entertainment
Remove the Company
Fire Employees

Love,
FNV Fans
I know you're kidding, but I don't think there's any reason for Bethesda to do that. ***** about them all you want, but Obsidian actually fill a particular niche in the CRPG ecosystem: they're the B-team you farm out sequels to when you don't have the time or inclination to develop a particular followup yourselves but can't justify passing up the money it'd earn you. They started out providing that service for Bioware, now they're doing it for Bethesda too, and it's an arrangement that suits both Bioware and Bethesda nicely.

Look at the disaster which was Alpha Protocol - Obsidian just don't have the chops to come up with an original game, and it isn't in the interests of anyone for them to develop said chops. They know they couldn't compete with Bioware or Bethesda on their own terms, and Bioware and Bethesda don't want to lose their trusty sequel gophers. The current situation suits everyone just fine.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
"The patch will fix a number of problems, including the issue on the Xbox 360 where would eat player's saves."

For some reason the news posts about Obsidian also suffer from bugs.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Well if they don't fix the bugs the modding community will. Probably only for PC, but since its the version I have, I don't care :D

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
ryo02 said:
couldnt they have just not released the game for a few weeks for testing and patching? then release a game that isnt buggy?.
I was thinking this also but then, what other games are coming out at the same time as this patch. Oh yes the (predicted) behemoth that is CoD. Getting it out ASAP was probably the best thing they could have done to get as many sales as possible. Impulse buyers would have likely have gone for FNV at the time it was out yet if it was relased at the same time as CoD I would probably see people following the crowd and grabbing that instead. That's how I see it anyway.

wickes666

Jun 26, 2010
gotta say, ive been playing Fallout alot over the last weeks, and gotta say, i havent run into a single bug

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Does this mean they'll be pushing back more XBLA titles and patch fixes by a month and a half again?

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
The poor performance and frequent crashes has kept me from really putting much time into this game on the PC. I sure hope the big patch fixes it.

mainlander13

Aug 24, 2010
My roomate has been playing this game virtually non-stop since it came out, and so far he and I agree that there are enough bugs to make it annoying but not enough to make it frustratingly unplayable. Still, knowing there's a patch on the horizon, I'm more than comfortable waiting for my turn.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
Been playing for near-on twenty four hours and still yet to encounter a bug.

Last I checked my copy is the same as everyone else's.

Blown massively out of proportion, this is perhaps.
Weird, so all these people having the same issues are lying, or bending the truth, or... what?

I mean, more power to you not encountering any bugs in your playthrough, that is awesome, but it doesn't really help when we have people saying "But my copy is just fine!", in a way it belittles a lot of people who are having issues that paid for the game.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I haven't really had any serious problems on my PS3 version, sans a few crashes and Boone deciding that killing a bunch of ghouls halfway across the map (yes, literally) was more important than following my orders. Ok, there were a few instances of enemies getting stuck in the terrain, but it's not a huge deal considering the size of the game.
Maybe I just go lucky (no corrupt saves, etc), but there really don't seem to be too many problems with the game.

Adijia

Sep 23, 2010
For me the only bugs I got that where really noticable where issues with things not attacking me. Needless to say I didn't really mind.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I haven't been as conflicted by a game for awhile as I have by New Vegas. On the one hand with better writing, balance, gameplay tweeks and relation to the original Fallouts it's a better game than Fallout 3 by far. On the other hand, it's only half finished.

I'm not just talking in terms of bugs. Certain settlements and factions, most notabley Caesars Legion, who are ment to be one of the major factions in the game don't have enough content or quests to even make them worth the effort of visiting. There's also moments in the main story and side quests that still have me raising my eyebrow, one notable moment being when you first meet the bloke who runs the Mojave Post Office (?) in Primm who mentions a guy who wouldn't take the job when he saw your name on the list of people delivering packages. This character is never mentioned again and is never even hinted at after this incounter. Who was he? Future DLC? An obscure reference to Fallout 1 & 2? Or, more lightly, a piece of the main quest that never made it into the final game but Obsidian forgot to take out?

Given a few more months and a decent team to polish it up Obsidian could have had one of the best RPGs [b/]ever[/b] on their hands, and I don't say that lightly. As it is they just have a very, very good beta.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
About time, even Fable III has already had a patch out for it's bugs. Wish it was coming sooner than a few weeks but at least we know now we're getting one soon. Hope they release info on what's getting fixed.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Now there's a bug in a mission where you wear a certain kind of armor from a weapons dealer. Before starting the mission, I was able to pick, and then steal from, the box holding the armor. When I started the mission the guy that I do the mission with gave me another set of that armor. They're both quest items. Only one was taken back. I now have 25 pounds of dead weight in my inventory.

Is there a way to fix this without loosing absurd amounts of save time?

Will the patch fix this? Or is there some way to get rid of it?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It doesn't matter really. A majority of the people who play it, patch or no, will still complain about bugs and glitches. The biggest complaints being "why wasn't the patch released sooner" and, "This patch only introduced new bugs!"

I've beaten the game a couple of times with nothing more debilitating than scorpions and items falling into the ground...and there was one subway station that had a magical hole in the floor: I fell through, saw the layout of that map and, ended up back at the beginning.

Anyway, wake me up when Fable 3 gets it's patch.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Hey guys! Let's sing a song!

I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle! As I go-go-go-go-go... //ERROR CODE 101wtf//