Big Fallout: New Vegas Patch Coming Soon

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Awesome, I haven't had that many problems with the 360 version but still a patch will hopefully prevent my enemies merging into rocks.

Rallion

Aug 10, 2009
It's funny to me that people blame Obsidian when the bugs are mostly very similar (or identical) to the bugs found in Fallout 3. The one made by Bethesda.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
The fact that they have sold so many copies and people like myself have varely had issues, to me anyway, shows that the game wasn't that bad when put out. The Save Game thing really sucks but besides that I think people are just WAY too full of drama.

stiffy

Mar 23, 2010
Steam just auto-updated the PC version: the patch includes (sorry for the c&p)

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1

Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
Fix: DLC error/save corruption
Fix: Stuttering with water effects
Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
Seriously a lot of the issues are the same ones that came with Fallout 3, Obsidian could maby have tried to fix them, maby? probably not, I know its a big game and you have a deadline, but 1) the vast majority of the engine, hell probably all of the engine was all ready done, 2) you don't need to create a Physics Engine either it uses's Havok's, 3) ill give texturing may have taken a while as well as scripting but you could have at least looked at fixing the issues when you put F:NV through Alpha (which reminds me of another game that could have been better) and beta testing. I luckily haven't met any game breakers, only Crashes and Followers standing still despite being told to follow me, but I fixed that by telling them to meet me at the lucky 28 and then immediately talking to them again and "re-recruiting" them. Radscorpions in the Floor and people in walls was in F:3 so was the occasional crash, FPS drop to crash e.c.t. and people speaking without the animation, saying one thing but the text box shows something else.

but YAY

For the PC version, I wonder how many of the bugfixes will come from FalloutNewVegasNexus.com

most? probably the guys at the Nexus are good at fixing bugs, which is why they should have been the testing team. and why Beth/Obsidian should employ them.

Broz

Nov 30, 2010
If the game "is so big" then how come only two thirds of the map is used and the points of interest are all clustered in the middle?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Broz said:
If the game "is so big" then how come only two thirds of the map is used and the points of interest are all clustered in the middle?
Thank you.
Sure this game is big but it's nowhere near as big as Fallout 3. The only thing that's bigger are the glitches. F3 just froze occasionally, it didn't freeze every time I played it and it didn't have these game breaking bugs like disappearing/frozen companions & unfinishable quests.

I guess this patch isn't coming out that soon.

If I ever get another one of these games, I'll get it for the PC. Learned my lesson.