Big Fallout: New Vegas Patch Coming Soon

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
About bloody freaking time. You know, I love the game and all but I would of like it more if it doesn't crash on me every damn 2 hours.

Nvv

Sep 28, 2009
I've played it for about 6 hours I think, yet to encounter a serious bug. I've had two crashes each relating to trying to equip NCR armour, the bugs have been a weird ant/radscorpion mutant which turned out to be ant stuck in a radscorpion and a absurd animation where my feet were like windmills when I ran.

EDIT: FYI: I am loving the game.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
This'll fix the crashes won't it? That's whats plaguing mine more than anything else

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Unless the patch also gets rid of all that stupid armour piercing/hollow-point ammo nonsense that made fighting enemies like the deathclaws or those giant, black fly-things the stuff of nightmares I really couldn't care less.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I personally think that everyone is exagerating. I played through the whole thing with hardly any bugs. And I played it on my computer, which is saying something. Usually it fucks up when the game is perfect.
Anyways, I encountered three crashes (one which was my fault entierly) my saves have been left intact, and I was able to finish every mission without anything going wrong.

DamagedWill

Jul 25, 2009
Warthur said:
Lt. Vinciti said:
Dear Bethesda,

Please-
Buy Obsidian Entertainment
Remove the Company
Fire Employees

Love,
FNV Fans
I know you're kidding, but I don't think there's any reason for Bethesda to do that. ***** about them all you want, but Obsidian actually fill a particular niche in the CRPG ecosystem: they're the B-team you farm out sequels to when you don't have the time or inclination to develop a particular followup yourselves but can't justify passing up the money it'd earn you. They started out providing that service for Bioware, now they're doing it for Bethesda too, and it's an arrangement that suits both Bioware and Bethesda nicely.

Look at the disaster which was Alpha Protocol - Obsidian just don't have the chops to come up with an original game, and it isn't in the interests of anyone for them to develop said chops. They know they couldn't compete with Bioware or Bethesda on their own terms, and Bioware and Bethesda don't want to lose their trusty sequel gophers. The current situation suits everyone just fine.
Obsidian used to make up Black Isle Games. Which was responsible for the original Fallout and it's sequel. Not to mention games like Planescape Torment. They have more than enough chops to make a game. Not to mention some of the best gaming dialogue ever written.

Big difference between Obsidian to Bioware and Bethesda. Money.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Lt. Vinciti said:
Dear Bethesda,

Please-
Buy Obsidian Entertainment
Remove the Company
Fire Employees

Love,
FNV Fans

YOU DO NOT MESS WITH THE MONEY MAKERS IN THIS HOUSEHOLD!

OT: Huzzah!
I don't follow. You like FNV so you advocate buying the company that made it and firing the employees that worked on it? Or am I misreading that?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
BrunDeign said:
Now there's a bug in a mission where you wear a certain kind of armor from a weapons dealer. Before starting the mission, I was able to pick, and then steal from, the box holding the armor. When I started the mission the guy that I do the mission with gave me another set of that armor. They're both quest items. Only one was taken back. I now have 25 pounds of dead weight in my inventory.

Is there a way to fix this without loosing absurd amounts of save time?

Will the patch fix this? Or is there some way to get rid of it?
There are several examples of quest items getting stuck in the player's inventory. Moto-Runner's mask is probably the more common example.

If you're playing the PC version, you simply need to figure out the item code for the armor and type (in console) player.removeitem [item code] 1 (it's a hexadecimal number without the braces). If you're playing on a console, you're pretty much stuck with it.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
That sounds sweet. My problems haven't been that serious when it comes to bugs. The game has crashed a total of one time after about 30 hours of gameplay and the only other problems that I normally see is radscorpions in the ground (its always radscorpions, what's up with that?) and it gets a bit choppy in some areas. Oh and occasionally my character's arms go all weird in first-person mode and I have a little trouble changing weapons or looting bodies.

If the patch fixes though then I'll be golden. New Vegas has proved to be a fun game so far even with its little glitches here and there and without them it will be even better.

Ambient

Nov 19, 2009
Sure hope it's coming to the ps3 as well. I watched a friend of mine play and it crashed 7 times if not more.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
wait... the patch is, naturally, being made by Obsidian too, right? in that case... can't wait for Round II of youtube filling up with 'rotating heads/misplaced dog-eye/other bug' videos...those were Funny!

Mar 9, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm very thankful that I held out on playing the game so long now.

I reached Novac, saved, haven't touched it since.

Procrastination works!
The game is just going to get good soon. Pick it up when the patch is out and you'll be happier than playing it now.

OT: Good... now when's the DLC out? I had a bug free game sesh and have it finished. Sadly it needs DLC to keep playing it after the end and I just happened to not save beforehand.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee it happened again ? they should of taken their time and debugged b4 release ... it's time the game industry put their foot down on releasing incomplete or buggy games as for fallout new vegas,they are fixing their mistakes

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I honestly can't believe it's taken this long and will take longer to patch the damn thing. I switched to console games because I was sick of dealing with PC bugs, and now console games are just as buggy as the PC? Falling through the world, enemies glitching, NPC disapearing, items moving on their own... and during all this they have the gall to brag about the sales... Maybe they should of used some of that cash to pay over-time to fix the bloody thing we bloody paid for.

helldragonX

Mar 3, 2010
Thank god, I haven't run into any major bugs yet. But it does get irritating when every four(or more) legged creature in the game is 2/3rds in the ground.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
Thomas Guy said:
I have lost nearly 8 in game hours going back to old saves to either not have my companions missing and in one case had to change how I finished a mission because a character wouldn't spawn for me to talk to him.
I think I lost over 40 restarting the game b/c I didn't know what would happen when I finished a mission.

Dead_Man

Nov 18, 2009
well at least theyre trying to fix the bugs instead of saying "Screw 'em, theyre on thier own!"