Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes Out "Like Lady Gaga"

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Irridium said:
Thank god he's fine.
My thoughts exactly. Bill Nye was my childhood ideal.

Take care of yourself Mr. Nye, I learned more from you than I did from school.

Aylaine said:
I thought this thread was about him dying, I was about to start crying.
Me too, I was scared when I read the title!

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Well that's good. I wish my AP physics teacher let us watch bill nye. Damn, I got to finish my physics homework.

Tibike77

Mar 20, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
the response by many in the audience wasn't to help Nye, but to update their Twitter accounts with news of what had happened
That's actually closer to the most helpful type of response than rushing to the rescue.
If nobody else seems to want to help or if you have good enough reasons to believe there is no staff doctor that would need free passage to the stage... then yeah, you get up and go help (if you think you CAN help), or ask around if anybody IS a doctor.
Cluttering around somebody that just fell down is one of the stupidest things you can do... it only takes one or maybe very few people to help, and a crowd gathered to gawk hinders assistance more than it could possibly help, since it prevents REAL rescue from coming in fast enough, or any other number of things.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
Nostalgia, those were the days...

I remember having to use an entire roll of tin foil on the rabbit ears just to get a good picture.

Wasn't even in the 3rd grade then.

wow, I feel old.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Irridium said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Irridium said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
If he dies he's going on my list on Celebrities I'll miss.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
-Probably a few more I forgot.
He'd be on mine too. Mine's about the same, only I also have Gary Coleman on my list.
Gary Coleman died!? O.O
I was out of contact with the world for a year or two, I must have missed the news! o.0
Damn it! This sucks!
Then you probably didn't hear about Micheal Jackson...
Yeah, Jackson died as well.
I heard about that... I hated that guy. ^-^

Apr 28, 2008
Tibike77 said:
Tom Goldman said:
the response by many in the audience wasn't to help Nye, but to update their Twitter accounts with news of what had happened
That's actually the proper type of response.
Cluttering around somebody that just fell down is one of the stupidest things you can do... it only takes one or maybe very few people to help, and a crowd gathered to gawk hinders assistance more than it could possibly help.
If nobody else seems to want to help or if you have good enough reasons to believe there is no staff doctor that would need free passage to the stage... then yeah, you get up and go help (if you think you CAN help), or ask around if anybody IS a doctor.
Well according to the article when he first collapsed it said nobody did anything to help. Thats what people here seem to be angry about.

Its what I'm angry about at least.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I am so happy he's alright he made my science class fun and sparked my interest in science

This is proof twitter wants to take over the world they are quietly knocking off anyone that could stand in their way! First Bill Nye who knows whos next! Watch out Hawking Twitters gunning for you

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
The only thing I can think of is that one part in The Idiots of Gmod 2 when the techno remix of the Bill Nye song kicks in. Does this make me a bad person?

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
SCIENNNCE! Also no one helped him...why is that?
Nope, everyone left him on the stage while they were on their phones.

Oh come on, please.

What do you people expect? everyone in the crowd to rush the stage?
there were probably some people already at him when he dropped.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I shall make it my life's mission to hunt down the fuckers that refused to aid Mr. Nye and tear them to pieces. Not cool.

Now I'm curious about his stance on global warming.

Tibike77

Mar 20, 2008
Irridium said:
Well according to the article when he first collapsed it said nobody did anything to help
Have we read the same article ? I believe it said no such thing.
What it did say is "many" didn't help but updated Twitter instead.
That's not "all" nor "everybody". Just probably "most".

Apr 28, 2008
Tibike77 said:
Irridium said:
Well according to the article when he first collapsed it said nobody did anything to help
Have we read the same article ? I believe it said no such thing.
What it did say is "many" didn't help but updated Twitter instead.
That's not "all" nor "everybody". Just probably "most".
Copy/Pasted from the article:

LA Times said:
"Nobody went to his aid at the very beginning when he first collapsed -- that just perplexed me beyond reason," USC senior Alastair Fairbanks said. "Instead, I saw students texting and updating their Twitter statuses. It was just all a very bizarre evening."
Its the last paragraph.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Times reports that the response by many in the audience wasn't to help Nye, but to update their Twitter accounts with news of what had happened.
WHAT.

A nice, big 'fuck you' goes out to those audience members.
You are all fantastic examples of the human race. /sarcasm
If they react with such apathy towards Bill Nye fainting right infront of them, I'd hate to see what they do 'for' some average person in a similar situation. Perhaps they go take the person's wallet and proceed to stomp on their face.

Still, glad to hear the man's alright.

May 5, 2010
BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

OK, now that THAT'S out of my system...OT: Well, that sucks. Clearly even the best thing humanity has going for it has to take a break every now and then.