Bill Proposes To Ban Barbie

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
I remember growing up, playing with transformers and feeling inadequate in that fact that I couldn't turn into a car. No wait...I didn't.
I'd sooner ban Bratz.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
GyroCaptain said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Bratz is far worse, and it has VIDEOGAMES and a TV show.
Repeating for those that missed it: Bratz is DEAD. It was developed by a Mattel employee during her time there, so Mattel took it down with a precision targeted lawsuit.
THANK YOU JESUS!

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
weren't barbies made during WW2 by nazis who needed something to do while in the frontlines, but not fighting at the time? (cough you know what i mean)

Kadamon

Feb 8, 2009
galletea said:
"I just hate the image that we give to our kids that if you're beautiful, you're beautiful and you don't have to be smart," Democratic Delegate Jeff Eldridge, who is pushing the bill, said.
Clearly, he forgot that Barbie has been a doctor, and the president. Silly man. There are far worse toys than Barbie for that negative influence, Barbie has always been shown as rich and sucessful.
Bratz for instance, friggin fish-nets on the babies. o_o

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
The morals in me says yes.

The politics in me say that despite the harm to a psyche, the government has no right to tell you "You're probably to idiotic to use it responsibly, so I'll just ban it." You as a consumer, nay a human being, should be trusted to know how the consequences can affect you, and as a provider to let the consequenses be well known.

To follow that up: 1. I am a libertarian and not some liberal femi-nazi or a head up arse republican. 2. I feel anything should only be banned if it's directly a threat to the rights of the people.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
I am so very very glad I don't live in West Virginia (no offense meant to anyone who does). Let's just hope I never see Wyoming trying to do something like this.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Seriously? They want to ban Barbie? Because fashion dolls are clearly a defining factor in-

bluerahjah said:
Yeah, my 5 year old cousin told everyone she wanted thongs for her birthday because that's what the Bratz dolls wear.
Well, I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or throw up violently. Maybe not ban them, but it certainly seems like the designers could be a little more responsible. Even so, banning them outright is ridiculous.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I want to introduce a bill to ban people from introducing bills that ban things.

Im gonna have to think about that for a while.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Little girls kinda latch onto the nearest shiny object and play with it until it dies...in agony....in flames....

but in all seriousness what the heck will people NOT try to ban? breathing? using the restroom?

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
Don't the politicians of the south have better things to do? like help fight the economic depression, fight terrorism or legalize marijuana.

Feb 13, 2008
Keane Ng said:
"I just hate the image that we give to our kids that if you're beautiful, you're beautiful and you don't have to be smart," Democratic Delegate Jeff Eldridge, who is pushing the bill, said.
So, she's a minger then? Wait...Jeff? That's a he...HE thinks that women needs different role models?

I'm still stumbling over the idea that a doll is beautiful, but whatever, I'll run with it. Shouldn't they also be looking at Sindy, Britney, Christina, Avril, Jessica etc. etc. etc.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
wpheloung12 said:
Liberals = EPIC PHAIL
Go look up what the word Liberal means, and then come talk to me.

And when I first saw this I thought Bill proposed to a "Ban Barbie" This makes more sense now.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Lord_Ascendant said:
Little girls kinda latch onto the nearest shiny object and play with it until it dies...in agony....in flames....

but in all seriousness what the heck will people NOT try to ban? breathing? using the restroom?
Elimination of bodily waste is a sin corrupting our children, it shouldn't be allowed! /sarcasm

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
Your right. Bratz are so, so much worst. Barbies make girls want to be pretty little princesses. Bratz make girls want to be Sluts.
This pretty much. I don't see the issue with barbies so much... Why not focus on wasting money on normal stuff like road bills and junk?