BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I dislike all these options...

I want the default femshep from ME 1+2.

For me she is Shepard, I've played enough that I automatically associate Shepard with her (Unless people refer to MaleShepard, in which I think of the default male)

I find it strange to watch other people play ME and use custom FemShepards... I don't think I'd be able to handle ME 3 without the default short haired red-head from the previous titles.

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
Why let the fans decide this? In a lot of cases, fans do NOT make good decisions! But whatever, let's play the game:

Gotta say that #1 is looking hot. But my vote goes for 2. Srsly, 2 with 5's hairstyle would be perfect. Can we just call a vote for a head/hair scramble?

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

I donno about this one, it may be a bit of a stretch, but the parties on the Normady Will be epic!

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Although I see very little point in this, since it's only going to be on the box art and adverts...
I'd have to choose number 4 based solely on the little resemblance to my Shep.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
2, 4 or 6. What I don't like is the bias Bioware is putting into this. 1-3 are very nearly identical while 5 seems to have the most detail put into it, I'm not surprised it's in first place.

I do like the pseudo-Egyptian look that 6 is rockin' however.

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
Dear Bioware,

There already is a default female Shepard. I used her for Mass Effect 1 and 2. In case you forgot: here is a picture.

http://mmogamerchick.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/commander-shepard.jpg

Now would you kindly use HER for the ME3 boxart and promotion.

Regards,
Pluizig

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Since I'll be importing Sheps, it's not really a big deal to me. I just hope we can get some of those fancy new haircuts instead of the 2 alright ones and 4 horrible ones from ME 1 and 2. Though the ones in the pics could be interpreted to just be stylized, pre-rendered versions of the previous choices.

Plus, all six look like butch lesbians. Way too much eye-shadow. Guess they really are gonna deliver on the same-sex romances. But I still doubt I'll ever get my long awaited FemShep/Jack action. Oh well, at least there might be new haircuts.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
KingofallCosmos said:
nr 1 is actually pretty well done. Somewhat darker Natalie Portman.
kordan11 said:
#1 to be honest, because OMG NATALIE PORTMAN!
I thought she looked more like Winona Ryder personally.

OT:If the 5 wasn't blonde I'll properly chose her.

silver1881

Jul 8, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
There's been a couple of threads on this, so I'll paste what I put in those.

Well, I like number one.

Stern, clean cut, professional.

Number 5 looks like a blonde goth, wannabe.

Shepard is still a soldier at the end of the day and anyone who knows anything about combat can tell you that having long hair flailing around in your face isn't a clever decision.

Tru dat y'all.
This, 100%. It doesn't matter how pretty she looks if she can't do her damn job. Practicality is important.

It would be nice if they had a vote somewhere other than Facebook, for those of us who don't use it. One there and one on the Bioware forums, maybe.

I guess when it comes down to it, my Shep looks nothing like any of these, so it doesn't really matter. At least marketing is throwing us a bone and actually acknowledging she exists, so that's a step. And it only took until the third game in a trilogy...

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Speaking as a multi ethnic person, the Blond Fem-Shep is visually the most appealing, though I would have preferred they defaulted to the redheaded white woman for a third time.

that said the beauty of Mass effect is that you get to make your own Sheppard and fans should exploit that to make the character truly "their own"

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Timberwolf0924 said:
Scrumpmonkey said:

My personal picks;

I donno about this one, it may be a bit of a stretch, but the parties on the Normady Will be epic!
I would agree with the parties, and something would tell me that Paragon and Renegade will be replaced with Party and Party.

(6 out of the real ones)

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:

My personal picks;

Bwahahaha, My Little Pony for the win! No doubt bout it!

OT: I'd go for 5 or 6.
Six is a bit evil looking, whilst 5 is a bit hotter IMHO.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
#1, I'm rooting for you! You are the most visually interesting and still make sense in a combat setting!

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
I love how precious some of the posts in this thread are. 'Wtf Bioware, how dare you change the default FemShep, as I have grown attached to her over the last 2 games and would resent having to fiddle with sliders for a few minutes to get the exact same look myself. Oh, and how dare you perpetuate stereotypes by selecting said default for your sci-fi action hero from a pool of attractive people/designs?'

It's a wonder Bioware bother with any kind of community engagement at all.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Jane Shepard. Actually having it look like Jane Shepard. The faces on those images look terrible.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
i think 5 is the way forwards out of those, but seen as how almost everyone that played female only really mildly tweaked the default femshep i don't see why they haven't gone with that?