BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Captain Placeholder said:
Sunrider84 said:
I'm thoroughly disappointed. I always liked the original FemShep look in the first two games, but apparently I'm the only one. Well, I'll be keeping that look either way, thank you very much.
Same here, the other ones just look... dirty? Also Skanky. Not to mention ugh.
I'm not saying the original one is OMFG HAWT, but she at least looks believable.

....and I'd hit it.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Sneaklemming said:
Where's the Default Female shepard?

That should be the box art.

Exactly! This is the face I have always used, and will continue using. There is no other FemShep.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I'm gonna go with 1 or 2.

Moderately attractive, Very bad ass looking.

A few of them just look like the kinda care too much about there looks, a very un-Shepard like mannerism.

Number 3 was good, but not on the same level as 1 or 2.
_Janny_ said:
She was apparently not pretty enough. Cause, you know, that's totally what matters when you're out there kicking ass and saving the galaxy.
Well... yeah. In a game where you're staring at the person the entire 15 hours, she damn well better look good.

Or look like Josh Hartnett.

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
"1" because she has a realistic military hairstyle. A real soldier would either have short hair or long hair that was tied back in combat. I suppose "2" and "3" are good choices, for people who prefer different hair colors.

But seriously, why not just put all these options as presets to choose at the beggining of the game? Or does the amount of facial animation they would have to do make that impossible?

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Number 4 is the most attractive, but I think number 2 looks like the most convincing hardass soldier.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

Special Attacks:

1 - Cupcake Gernade

2 - Expecto Patronads (wizzard swears!)

3 - Charity? (I donated too!)

tabriaswolfe

Jan 25, 2010
For some reason Number 5 reminds of Hope from Xena, just in ME armor. 3 is my preferred choice out of the given 6 (default FemShep would work as well) or SnapeShep because Alan Rickman is awesome.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Why isn't the old default an option? Hairstyles in 1, 2 and 3 are too similar, too.

Although 1 looks a lot like Natalie Portman. There goes my vote.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
also wondering why they dint use the original femshep but what the heck. number 5 is my choice, just i think the hair colour should be different. that would be a option to, that you can do some small changes on the original shep.
but i think i stick with my femsheps i have created my self. but well, i can give it a try to use the default shep.

Apr 28, 2008
I like 4, but dislike the whole basic image.

I just don't like scowling heroe's looking onto the camera while America burns behind them. Seen enough of that, thank you very much. Well maybe not the part with America burning in the background(though there are quite a few of those), but mainly images with the main character facing the camera looking(or trying to look) badass.

Can't they have an image showing a vast glaxey with planets in the background? Something that shows the size of the galaxy, shows you are just a tiny human in a vast, unexplored galaxy full of wonder and discovery? Something that truly captures the vastness of space? Something that invokes emotions(other than anger and badass-ness)? Something picture-esque, like these:

Something like one of those(the second one is actually my desktop background)?

Or if you must show Earth or whatever getting destroyed, there are much better ways to do so. Take a que from these shots:

But no, guess we have to go the "badass" route because apparently that's what you want.

Is one space-opera too much to ask?

Guess it is. Anyway, rant over.

Oh, and in case anyone wants to know, all those images are from Halo: Reach. All in-game and taken in the game's Theater mode. I didn't take them, I'm nowhere near that good at taking pictures. I pulled them from other people who take pictures on Reach.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
maybe it's just me but isn't having hair in your eyes kinda bad in combat? unless you have that one helmet that is fully closed and relays information through cameras directly to the eyes.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Picked 5 since my Shepard is blonde. Don't know why bioware tried this though. It appears when you give gamers options you'll still lose

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
1 because the short hair looks cool or 2 because red hair is cool.

Never mind just make Shepard 1 with red hair.

I'd choose 5 but, since I must have some sort of prejudice against blond people, it's a no for me. Plus, 1 and 2 fit the soldier profile better.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
teebeeohh said:
maybe it's just me but isn't having hair in your eyes kinda bad in combat? unless you have that one helmet that is fully closed and relays information through cameras directly to the eyes.
In the future, soldiers can be super models too. xD

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Five or six please. One to four doesn't looks to much like a "super hardcore action girl" or a "diva queen" with too much makeup on.

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
I don't know why there needs to even BE a default. Whenever I'm given a choice, I go nuts with whichever options are available without any influence from the default options. This is why Saint's Row 2 kept me occupied for nearly an hour with it's character creation screen and finally allowed me to realize the potential hilarity in watching Napoleon Dynamite rise as an inner-city crime lord.