BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Richardplex said:
I don't understand why they didn't have a red headed number 5, that is probably why people chose 5, not the hair colour but the hair style. Why Bioware?
This.

I like longer-haired FemShep. I like pretty hair! And other than the hair color, she's the same as shep 3, but with her hair down. They both have the same eye makeup, even. I think people are being a little harsh on the blonde just for her hair color.

I play caucasian FemShep as an attempt to try to get into character, but whenever I try to envision a FemShep arcetype, I always wind up with a black woman.
If it weren't for the pink highlight and lipstick, I'd probably have chosen the black FemShep option.

Still, I say we should all rally for a redhead version of #5.

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
I'll go with 4, because everyone seems to be going for the aryan one and she looks plain boring. 4 looks tougher, hotter and less generic

6 is plain ugly.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
First ones are a really realistic portrayal of the kind of character that Shep is, however, this kind of look is acceptable only on companions. The blond one wouldn't work well in battlefield (obscures vision, doesn't fit well under helmet, etc.), but it is pretty and makes the protagonist awesome, therefore serving better in game.

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
Number 5. NOO contest ;) 彼女はほんとに打つくし!

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
SirBryghtside said:
maninahat said:
No black or Asian Shepherd eh? Typical. None of them look like my (admittably white) Shepherd. Might as well stick with the default, instead of turning this into a Ms. Universe contest.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/gallery/view/26/111850/396.4
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/gallery/view/26/111850/396.6

So... what was your point again?
Is that what you think they Africans and Asians look like? The former I could accept as being African at a push (despite her looking far more like a tanned white woman than a black African), but number 6 is blatently caucasian. She looks like Betty Page, for christ's sake.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
2 has red hair ZOMG :)

1 actually looks like she might have a hope in hell of saving anyone. 6 is from Pulp Fiction, 5 will take too long doing her nails, and there's no way that she'd put that hair in the line of fire, 4 is damn sexy but again looks soft and pampered, 3... urg, just grates on me, I think it's the hair or something, dunno, and the same kinda issue with 2 - though the colour's better ;)

So yeah, 1. She's badass, the rest, not so much. Couldn't imagine any of the others with scars or anything - and compare them to Male Shep's broken, red-glowing, scar-crossed skin. Notice a disparity at all?

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I'm more than a little disappointed that the blonde FemShep is winning, but I can't say that I'm surprised.

So long as I can still customize my own FemShep to look like the original, I'm happy though.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Split between 5 and 4.

The hair on 1-3 looks very strange even though it's probably a practical cut. 6 just looks like she's trying too hard.

That being said, number 5 is incredibly generic. So i'll go with 4, she looks like a real person and not a caricature. And it's always good to have some diversity.

(Also, that red streak is stylish)

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
Doom972 said:
It seems people just want Femshep to look pretty. Femshep four, five, and six just seem like models in power armor.
I prefer number three.
I'm in the direct inverse to you: Numbers 1, 2, and 3 look generic and predictable. 4, 5 & 6 have personality. I like 5, but I'm with those who'd like to see the same hairstyle in brunette or red hair.

Also, here's what I said before:

#5. Yes, I know the hair isn't realistic, but realistic is over-rated. She looks a lot more worn down and harried than the others, which is appropriate for the third game when it's all going to hell.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
As a lot of others said: Number 5 with red hair. FemShep is a REDHEAD! I don't care what any of you blonde lovers say (not that I'm NOT a blonde-lover....I'm just in the "can't take a blonde seriously camp")

Also, where the FUCK is the like button!? I'm logged in...but I don't see a like button ANYWHERE on that page. GOD I hate using Facebook. Anyone in the same predicament?