BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Hmm... I'd say 5.

She looks both very determined and confident, but is also very clearly feminine. She also seems to have a softer touch to her, I could see her as either paragon or renegade.

Which isn't to say they aren't all very... attractive.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Why not keep the same default skin that was in ME1 and 2? This is stupid.
Anyway, out of those choices, I pick #5. Not that it changes much, since I'll use my own FemShep I made in ME2.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
1, or 3 are my preferences. The others just don't seem right, and the blonde one reminds me too much of Samus. Which might actually be the point, but still.
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

Alternatively, this.

Kuroji

May 5, 2011
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

I see your Pinkie, and I'll raise you a Dash:

*Not mine

Seriously, of those, I'd go for 3, but they do all look too young from those pictures. There are some close-ups on the Bioware forums, and they do look better, if still too neat. Just compare her to default male Shepherd.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
4, 5, and 6 don't make much sense. Shepard is a hardened, serious soldier who has suffered loss and put her own friends in dire situation where some don't come back. Why would she suddenly go out and get highlights or let her hair grow out. It's not which Shepard is prettiest its which makes sense, and calling 5 a "hot blond" is retarded, she looks like 1-3 but with long blond hair. Who has a blond male Shepard? Blonde is to much of a happy light hair color; it wont fit.
Revolutionary said:
Rzepik said:
Oh look. The generic, transparent Barbie Shepard is winning. How surprising.
Not Like the completely non-generic male Shepard they use in the trailers right? But I digress, I actually quite like the blonde Shepard, and I'd say it fits with the whole being 'patched up by Cerberus' thing.
Yeah, but blonde doesn't fit, and she doesn't like like the generic soldier like the dude default

Aussie Legend

Feb 24, 2010
None of those even remotely look my femshep :(

They couldn't give us a redhead shepard with hair? Son I am disappoint.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I hate them all, I don't want any of these on my box art. Especially the blonde. We already have a perfectly good FemShep, the default one. I don't know why Bioware had to come up with six faildesigns to add to it.
I found it particulary amusing that the article right below this one on the Escapist's front page is titled "Choosing between bad and worse."

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
You know, in hindsight, I dunno why I clicked on this topic. I already have a set appearance for my FemShep, and I don't plan on using any type of default settings whatsoever. Really, that's all that matters since I have the option.

However, I really like the design of FemShep #4. Make her hair a little bit shorter and I'd be willing to take her on a test drive.

Just a test drive tjough.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Richardplex said:
I don't understand why they didn't have a red headed number 5, that is probably why people chose 5, not the hair colour but the hair style. Why Bioware?
yeah, 5 has the best face/hairstyle i think, but im not digging the color. perhaps in my game ill just make it red and be done with it on my 3rd playthrough (do male shep for first 2 because those are the chars i already have premade. starting a female from ME1 just now though, so hopefully i get to change the hairstyle.

demouse

Nov 23, 2009
Definantly 5 so that when I go custom shep I just have to change the hair color to red

http://i.imgur.com/JxsLf.jpg

#7 it is

Doug Marttila

Jun 15, 2011
The ME2 default FemShep looked just fine except for how scrappy her haircut was. All of these faces look too young, pretty, and delicate to be a war heroine. What, are we going to stop by the salon after every mission? FemShep doesn't have to look sexy, Bioware, she has to look like a leader, strong, tough, and ready to pull the galaxy together through sheer willpower.

Don't use any of these. Update and improve the default FemShep from ME2. Focus on strength, not sex appeal. Leadership, not lust. Don't pander to the 13 year old boys.