BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Xaio30 said:
FemShep needs an Alison-head!
Like this?

Scrumpmonkey said:
You seriously need to make sure Alison gets this. Will be good medicine for her recovery.
Catchy Slogan said:
Seriously, waht was wrong with the old FemShep? I dislike all these ones. They look too pretty. Guess I'll be making my own character to be like the old default.

EDIT:

This is what I usually have mine as, but with blue eyes.
Exactly. The default Femshep from the first two always intimidated me more than the default Manshep. He looked better for the Houston Titans to me. Those six choices do nothing except make me wonder where the fashion show took place.
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

How you managed to do that and get first post I may never know(nor want to), but you just made my day with this. Pinky would make a good choice, but you know my opinion of number 3.
(I want to see a MLP version of the ME3 trailer now)

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Orcus The Ultimate said:
Misterian said:
Wow, is Bioware adding new hairstyles to the Shepard Costumization system?

Might be weird or childish if me, but if there was a FemShep with pigtails, I'd vote for her.
do you have a fixation with pigtails ?
Some things are better left unknown, friend.

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
Default Shep was always a good one, but if I had to pick, one of the first three. #5 doesn't look like she would've survived the suicide mission in ME2.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
#4. But I still prefer my own Commander Samantha "Sam" Shepard...

Also, aren't #1-3 basically the same, but with different hair color?

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
One looks like Winona Ryder from Aliens 4. I like 4, also 5 even though she looks like 14 and late for cheerleading practice, and 6 looks like some Indian girl I knew. Either those three would do even though I have a feeling everyone is going to go with the blonde.

Catchy Slogan said:
Seriously, waht was wrong with the old FemShep? I dislike all these ones. They look too pretty. Guess I'll be making my own character to be like the old default.
That wasn't a default Shep, if you've ever noticed, MaleShep looks custom made. That's because they used a real male model to base him off of.

The default femShep in ME1&2 is just a random face they came up from their character editor, no real female model. Which just isn't as detailed and personified.

Oh and I think it's about time they did something about it, now put some lesbian love interest in the game. With my femshep in ME2 I was stuck fucking a lizard man, a frog man, (give me as much heat as you want, I love Garrus and Thane to death, they're my boys, but Xenophilia with them just wasn't happening) and Kanye West who scared me having bigger tits than I had, plus why wasn't Jack fuckable as a women?

wolfcrux

Oct 6, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
wolfcrux said:
xXAsherahXx said:
wolfcrux said:
xXAsherahXx said:
FemShep should definitely have long hair. It's just a fact that women in short hair look terrible. Look at Emma Watson if you want proof...
loltroll is lol...

Look at Hillary Swank, Rihanna, Kiera Knightley, Demi Moore, Pink, Vinona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Anne Heche, Sharon Stone, Milla Jovovich and Charlize Theron whilst you're at it then. And those are just the ones off of the top of my head.
I forgot about them haha. Thanks for proving my point. :]
/facepalm
Doesn't matter if you think the opposite, you still supplied me with ample evidence to prove a point.
In that logic I've proven you have an oppinion, not that women with short hair look terrible, as you claim. Glad we cleared that out :]

Rinky78

May 3, 2010
I don't like any of them. They look too young and 'pretty' somehow. But that's probably because I'm so used to my FemShep (always played the default face). At least she looks like an adult.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Sentox6 said:
Sonic Doctor said:
BioWare needs to stick to its guns, it already established that male Shepard is canon.
Dear Lord, there is no facepalm in the universe big enough to encapsulate this statement.

There is no canon Shepard (in terms of gender, appearance, etc). There are only canon actions.

For the billionth time, the Shepard who is on the box is the default marketing Shepard, not fiction canon.
Actually you'd be dead wrong here. It's important to understand that Mass Effect has springboarded into other media beyond the video games, things like novels and comic books. The comics in paticular round out the storylines, especially those of characters like Liara. Those sources have made desicians about who Shepard is, for the universe the game is based around.

It's sort of like how in "Knights Of The Old Republic" you can choose either gender and a range of abillities for Revan. In "Knights Of The Old Republic 2" you can also fill in those details in the backstory to some extent. In the official "Knights Of The Old Republic" canon however Revan was a man, and he wound up redeeming himself and becoming a Jedi, as explained in spin off material, and also as is integral to the storyline of "Old Republic Online".

Political correctness destroys everything it touches, and truthfully after all the mistakes made with "Dragon Age 2" you would think Bioware would have learned it's lesson about messing around in this general area (which I won't get into yet again).

I've played a Femshep myself, and truthfully that's one of the only reasons why I even know who Jennifer Hale is and can say I like her voice work... that does not however mean that I think that for the third part of a trilogy we should start seeing Bioware trying to get politically correct with the advertising.

What's more, given their desire to spin this into a multi-media franchise, that's just going to complicate things if they start to cater to this, and then as they generate more media wind up having to just assume a default anyway which they have already done. You really can't do a novel or comic book and be ambigious about Shepard, ditto for the backstory of other games that might mention Shepard but not feature the character (and if the franchise survives the whole "Knights OF The Old Republic II" approach isn't going to work, as increasing numbers of players wouldn't have played the first triology and would have no idea why they need to fill out a questionaire about some character mentioned only in the backstory..., lol).

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Therumancer said:
Actually you'd be dead wrong here. It's important to understand that Mass Effect has springboarded into other media beyond the video games, things like novels and comic books. The comics in paticular round out the storylines, especially those of characters like Liara. Those sources have made desicians about who Shepard is, for the universe the game is based around.
I'd be "dead wrong", would I?

By all means, show me a licensed novel or comic in the Mass Effect universe that determines Shepard's gender/appearance. When you return, I'll lend you a towel to wipe the egg off your face.

Sarkule

Jun 9, 2010
#4 Looks completely ridiculous, and impractical. Why would shepard take the time to dye and straighten her hair before going to kill reapers? And having the fringe cutting across her face is stupid and impractical for aiming >.< Kudos for having a black chick, but don't make it so silly.
1-3 are my favourites, and I do like #5, what's wrong with being blonde? But they should've just fancied up the old default shep :<

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Three tomboys, an emo girl, a junkie or Amy Whinehouse? No thanks, I'll stick to the former default female Shepard.