BioWare: Mass Effect 3 Is the Best Game We've Ever Made

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
Furism said:
[sarcasm]
If it's the "best game BioWare ever made" in the same sense that "DA2 is better than DAO", I think I'll pass.
[/sarcasm]
That feels more like cynicism than sarcasm.
Say "I can't wait!" instead of "I think I'll pass.", to be feel more sarcastic.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
I think they're delaying it because Q4 of 2011 is full of competition. Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty MW3, Skyrim, Deus Ex 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Batman Arkham City etc. ME3 would sell well, of course, but it will sell even better if it's released a couple of months later.
I dunno, I think it's going to be an interesting few months as it is. Battlefield vs Call of Duty. Batman vs Assassin's Creed. I mean Skyrim is getting away free with no competition as the only huge RPG out at the end of the year, Deus Ex is out next month so that won't compete and will sell well.

EA are playing chicken, with one big game fighting against a huge selling game they don't want a second game fighting do they just encase they both lose out. I think it's safe to say fighting against both Call of Duty and Skyrim isn't exactly a clever move

Bluntknife

Sep 8, 2008
I'm very excited for mass effect 3.

I've just started a character for my second play through of Mass effect 1 and 2.

Very hopeful that it will live up to the previous games.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Logan Westbrook said:

He said that the game struck a balance between the action - which BioWare wants to be on a par with the best action games around - and the RPG side, which he admitted could have been deep in Mass Effect 2. Silverman said that BioWare hadn't wanted to go so far down the RPG route that Shepard started breaking out his dice, but at the same time wanted to give players the chance to really customize their characters. "We've done a lot of research about what people liked about Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and other games too," said Silverman. "What they like about Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Call of Duty and lots of RPG games, too ... We've looked at all these games to see what's resonating and what's not."
So Bioware have abandoned all pretense that they're RPG Developers? Great, now all we need is the fanboys to realize this and we can see some improvement.

Of course this is going on my experiences of Dragon Age.
I'm sorry all I heard was "I didn't like something but I have to be loud and over-generalise cause my opinion is that super important".

jprf

May 18, 2011
BloodSquirrel said:
jprf said:
The guy actually said that the rpg elements weren't deep enough in ME2.
He agrees with you! Please stop complaining about a game that none of you have played!
The problem is that people don't actually believe anything Bioware says after the pack of lies that was the DAII marketing campaign. Nothing short of Bioware actually putting out a good game again is going to fix that.
It just seems to me that one disappointing (not actually bad, mind) game has made everyone forget about all of the incredible games bioware has made, not least of which are the two mass effects which both stand up as two of the best games ever made.

My captcha (alive and kicking) seems to agree with me.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Really I'm a little worried.

Mostly about them using E3 to mostly show off their turret sequence.

What the $#!@ is a turret sequence doing in ME? What does standing in place firing a turret add to the game? One of the thing I liked about ME2 was that the game required a lot of thinking and tactical play with how you used your team mates and powers (at least on Insanity). Sitting around at a turret kind of completely destroys that.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Adzma said:
I'd have more faith in them if they weren't delaying it for 4 months to "streamline" it for a wider audience, something which is impossible to do any further than ME2 did unless you completely remove all RPG elements and literally make it a 3rd person shooter with dialogue trees.

I remain optimistic dear BioWare but you are on my naughty list at the moment.
dont let that fool you man its been delayed so its not comming out with all the other titles so it can make more money on release. If the side effect of that is they get to work on it more then i say thats a plus.:)

Jerome9157

Nov 22, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
Jerome9157 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Should be BioWare: Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic Is the Best Game We've Ever Made
You can see into the future then?
What? No, not The Old Republic/TOR (2011) , I meant the beautiful Knights of the Old Republic/KoTOR (2003)

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Jerome9157 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Jerome9157 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Should be BioWare: Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic Is the Best Game We've Ever Made
What? No, not The Old Republic/TOR (2011) , I meant the beautiful Knights of the Old Republic/KoTOR (2003)
TOR is being made by BioWare Austin and the article is about BioWare Edmonton.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Jerome9157 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Jerome9157 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Yes, I got that part. What I was commenting on was how you must have the power of precognition to know how good a game that doesn't come out until March is.

Jerome9157

Nov 22, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
Jerome9157 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Jerome9157 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Yes, I got that part. What I was commenting on was how you must have the power of precognition to know how good a game that doesn't come out until March is.
"ME3 is the best game we've ever made." I'm assuming ME3 has not been made in its entirety. (A march release date is a bit late for a finished game.)
KoTOR HAS been made. And it was great. Using correct tenses, my statement is valid.

Also, if ME3 is as good as/better than KoTOR, then congratulations Bioware, you have made a brilliant game.

I am a fan of Bioware, especially the ME series, and I hope ME3 does well.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
haha well ofcourse they are going to say that , they aren't gonna say , " mass effect 3 mehhhhh its alright not really sure if your gonna want to buy it or not "

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
theriddlen said:
Oh, BioWare, you're silly.
You can't make me want to buy ME3 anymore than I do. It's like advertising air - I will breathe it anyway.
Basically this, because I've loved every game they've made. Goddamn, BioWare and Blizzard are all a guy needs :D

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
*shrug* Lots of games claim to take the best of other games, I hope mass effect 3 actually turns out good rather than a jumbled mess. Of course their saying its the best game yet, they want you to buy it.
Although the problem with the ?number crunching ? in ME1 was not so much that there was too much of it. It was that the system they had sucked, was not particularly deep and the skills were point sinks.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
ImprovizoR said:
EternalFacepalm said:
So... Mass of Duty?
Gears of Effect?
Effect's Creed?
I can see no other possible outcome!
Mass Creed of Gear Effect Duty!
This should be the new title of the Game - it meets all the criteria according to the Bioware marketing team! 5 stars! (for hype alone)