BioWare Pits Blonde Against Brunette in New FemShep Poll

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Either Viking Shepard, or Redhead Shepard, because both colors are Inspiring to the Eyes in term of Having the items facing the consumer...

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Black... followed by red.

I dunno, the red kind of "stands out" too much, but I still kind of like it.

ZenoX969

Apr 1, 2011
Anyone else think this is just a way for them to get more trafic to their Facebook page? Either way... blonde just seems too insincere. There's hardly any natural blondes left on the planet as Khalee Sanders pointed out in one of the novels. So does she have time to dye her hair regularly while saving the galaxy? Or is she perhaps Scandinavian?

Either way... I think brown or black hair would fit better. And she looks too young aswell... just don't think the face will fit the voice. Didn't vote in the last one, but I don't think I would've picked this Shepard if I did vote. Not gonna vote here either, just felt like commenting on it.

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011

Dear Bioware/EA,
Can you please give your marketing folks something else to do? While it's great you're finally recognizing both he and she-Shep, the drip-drip-drip of inconsequential bullshit for the sake of hype is getting up my nose, especially when it has the stench of being patronized.
You're selling to a largely captive audience. Sure there are always newbies to lure in, but I'll guess that most of the people anticipating ME3 are in a similar boat to me: multiple Sheps already saved with 1-2 games worth of decisions, designed by my own fair hand and therefore totally fucking awesome. Whoever you stick on your box-art is NEVER going to look the way I picture them and nothing at all like the Shep I will actually play. You can handle this one.

I don't care if ME3 is the bastard child of Kane & Lynch 2, Goldeneye Rogue Agent and Superman N64, you HAVE my money. I swear, double-swear and triple-spunk-bloody-fucking-swear I will be there on release day with a fistful of dollars, a hoard of supplies and three days of annual leave so I can play it start to finish with a minimum of sleeping and conversing with the outside world *whatever* you produce. Just come back to us when you have something

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'll go with number 2. To me it seems like she's the closest to default FemShep from previous games.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
All look ugly. I think it's the art style that's doing it. I feel the same way about MaleShep.

Make it actually look like Jane Shepard and I'll be happy.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Aggieknight said:
I'm still bitter over the "hottification" of default shep (fem shep from ME1 and 2 was awesome), but given a choice to vote. I've gotta go with the redhead. or the blonde.

Can I take both?

Hottification? You mean uglification? She looks like some kind of super manly lesbian (you know, the kind you see with short cut hair who are kind of muscly and try too hard to act like guys) and that's NOT a good thing. She's fucking ugly now, why didn't they just leave her the way she was? I swear to god my Femshep better look the same come ME 3 or I will be so fucking pissed off.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
decided on the black haired one, even though the red haired is also pretty nice. i most likely will use my custom made femsheps anyway, lol.
my black haired one looks asian and is my paragon shep, wile the other is red haired and is my renegade shep who i tried to make her look like rayne from the bloodrayne games.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
In the original vote, the blonde FemShep won out over her rivals, but speaking at Gamescom, BioWare marketing director David Silverman said that a number of fans had actually voted for the blonde FemShep because they like the hair style, rather than the hair color.
OH! Called it! *does happy dance*

Anywho, out of the four I like the blond one best, but my boyfriend said that he liked the brunet one best because she has the same hair color as me, which was really sweet of him to say.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Nice, I've been defending Blonde Shep for her hairstyle alone, glad they gave the option for that hair in red.
Red hair for the win, all of the wins. Reapers don't even know 'bout red hair.

Here saying thumbs up to Bioware for the choices and multiple polls to assure the majority of the fan base was happy.
On that note, sorry to the other FemShep supporters that aren't represented by that majority, I think anyone that plays FemShep understands being in that unrepresented minority.

At the end of the day Sheppard is still a personal thing, no true losses here.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Lucyfer86 said:
TheFPSisDead said:
am i the only one who thinks that hair style is awful?
Yes you are.

Well probably not, but a minority at least.
Agreed. There are other styles I would like too, but I like the hair.

OT: Red-head FemShep, for sure.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
SirDerick said:
I vote for the redhead. Redheads give me boners.

That was too much information wasn't it?
That's really all this contest is asking for: "which femshep gives the most nerdy boners?", so probably no

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
Hottification? You mean uglification? She looks like some kind of super manly lesbian (you know, the kind you see with short cut hair who are kind of muscly and try too hard to act like guys) and that's NOT a good thing. She's fucking ugly now, why didn't they just leave her the way she was? I swear to god my Femshep better look the same come ME 3 or I will be so fucking pissed off.
Where you getting short hair from? The hair I see in the pictures is down to/laying on the shoulders. Her hair in this is longer than any of the ones from the last vote. Her hair is actually longer than the hair of the previous default femshep from 1&2.

This was definitely the best form the last set for voting.

-----

I pick the redhead.