BioWare Reveals Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
It seems a little weird to me that with the fate of the galaxy still hanging by a thread and Cerberus, with Shepard and company at the tip of its spear, still the only group taking the matter seriously, everyone would be so cool with knocking off for a few weeks to help Liara settle a score. Am I really supposed to care about some kind of intergalactic gangsta throw-down when life as we know it is staring down the barrel of extinction?
You mean 'gangsta's who are working with the collectors, and by extension the reapers? No, can't imagine why taking them down would be a good idea! :p

OT: Liara definitely needed a bigger role in the game, and I'm glad she's making a comeback in the DLC. Is she really a party member though? I thought Bioware said the team was full-up... still, looking forward to her expanded role, she was an interesting character in the first game, I didn't like seeing her shoved aside in the sequel.

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
W00t! Can't wait for this. I thought I'd have to wait for ME3 before I'd get to hang with Liara again. Good times.

oranger

May 27, 2008
It seems like a lot of games these days are having parts excised pre-sale and then sold back to the games' owners...
Why do I feel like I entered a car lot, just before the salesman ripped the back bumper off, where I was sold the car and then that salesman tried to sell that bumper to me?

My point: its greasy folks. Stop making googoo eyes.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Not gonna get this along with the Overlord DLC...yet...

I'm gonna wait until all of these tie-in DLCs are completed and just about 2 weeks before ME3 launches, when I can't stand to wait for it any longer, gonna download all of them together, play them through like hell and hopefully, just as I finish them all - ZING! Time to wrap the saga up!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
It seems a little weird to me that with the fate of the galaxy still hanging by a thread and Cerberus, with Shepard and company at the tip of its spear, still the only group taking the matter seriously, everyone would be so cool with knocking off for a few weeks to help Liara settle a score. Am I really supposed to care about some kind of intergalactic gangsta throw-down when life as we know it is staring down the barrel of extinction?
Remember, this is the same Shepard that took out the time to figure out the case of a Volus missing credit chip.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wewt! Glad to see shes making a return! Loved her chracter, and, wouldnt finding out more on her search for shepherd

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Aha! Knew it. Now if only they could announce a date. Oh wait, BioWare's not too keen on those anymore are they? Fine, but it better come out before school goes back in!
zHellas said:
Hopefully this will be free for those with the Cerberus Network...

I honestly don't want to spend MicrosoftPoints for something I could have gotten for free if they had just kept using the system.
No, the Network is basically dead now. EA has a problem w/ giving DLC away for free apparently. Oh well, the Network was good while it lasted. Hopefully, this won't be too far beyond Overlord and Kasumi's price of $7.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
*jumps up and down* Ha! I was right again! Can't wait for this to come out.

Wait, if Liara is joining the team, does that mean there's a chance that my Kai-Kai will return as well? *squeals at the though*

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Don said:
Andy Chalk said:
As good as Mass Effect is, continuity and correlation in its own universe is not its strength.

But aye, I shall get this upon its release as well, about time something meaty was made.
What? What weeks? Every DLC I've played, like any of the side missions that you did for the other guys doesn't last longer than a game-day, not even that long. Also you can do all that after you complete the final mission anyway, so I fail to see what's wrong with it :\

Not G. Ivingname said:
Remember, this is the same Shepard that took out the time to figure out the case of a Volus missing credit chip.
Ohnoes, his/her precious 2 minutes?

Really don't see what all those complaints are, besides, it's a game and an RPG at that, side quests are nothing new, DA: O, Morrowind, Oblivion, KOTOR games, every single larger RPG always has these things and the main quest can always wait, is it really an argument that belongs at this point in gaming? :\

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
My only worry is that they will kill of an important figure in Mass Effect lore in a DLC. The Shadow Broker deserves to be at least a antagonist in ME3.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
From what I can recall, Bioware has said that Kasumi was the last character that would be joining the team. Liara will probably only be there for the mission, then go back to being way too busy to save the galaxy.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'm still betting that the "moral" choice in this DLC is what Liara does. I'm guessing the Shadow Broker either knows who Liara's "father" is and where she can be found, or the Shadow Broker is, in fact, Liara's other parent. The choice comes down to whether you convice Liara to kill and get her revenge, or give it up so she can finally learn about the other half of her family. After what happened with her mother, I can see them doing this. Anyone else agree?

Estoki said:
She better be an actual character, instead of a person that only says 10 things and then resets like Kasumi and Zaeed.
Completely agree with that.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
I can't wait for this! Liara was my favorite character in the first game and I found her attitude change rather jarring, hopefully this will rectify some things.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Oh joy. DLC on the worst party member you ever get in the series. Why don't you just make the entirety of ME3 about Jacob? Call me when Wrex gets to the party.

bluevalkyrie

Jul 22, 2010
Nimbus said:
Andy Chalk said:
Seriously, did you not play the loyalty missions or something? It seems to me that no one in that universe has any idea what urgency means.
I think everyone who has actually played the game is forgetting that you can revisit content after the main questline is done. If you're so wrapped up in urgency, leave it until after you've saved the universe.