BioWare Reveals Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Yay! Also, is she really a "space babe"? She seems more like a "space nerd," which is why I went mondo-lezzo for her in the first place.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Yay more side quest dlc....how much does the game cost now to get 100% of the content? $100, $150?

At least it isn't like just cause where they sell single weapons for $5.

I can't believe people put up with this crap.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Yay more side quest dlc....how much does the game cost now to get 100% of the content? $100, $150?

God forbid people pay for OPTIONAL content.

Remember what you're paying for here. Your $7 goes towards:
- Concept artists
- Voice actors
- Level designers
- Character designers
- Script writers
- Texture artists
- Effects artists
- Modellers

Game development isn't cheap, and I certainly think it's fair to pay these people for their work.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
rembrandtqeinstein said:

How dare we buy things we enjoy! The nerve of us!

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
I like that DLC is still coming out for Mass Effect 2. Hopefully it won't be forgotten when GOTY time swings around, those all tend to be titles released toward the end of the year.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
So when this comes out the Mass Effect 2 DLC will cost as much as the game did for me. Granted that was a hell of a deal but still £15 for 2.5 hours of content makes me edgy.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Estoki said:
She better be an actual character, instead of a person that only says 10 things and then resets like Kasumi and Zaeed.
soren7550 said:
Wait, if Liara is joining the team, does that mean there's a chance that my Kai-Kai will return as well? *squeals at the though*
I highly doubt she's going to be an actual squadmate (there's no room for her on the squad screen!), probably just someone who tags along or does her own thing. I doubt she'll ever even end up on the Normandy or have extra dialogue options, it's likely just an extended mission a la Firewalker or Overlord but she's more heavily involved.

And "Kai-Kai" is dead and gone, you must be playing it wrong. ;)

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I would like to think that I'll pick this up only once more details are available and I can make a reasoned judgment... but I'd be lying because I will totally be nabbing it on launch day. It's more Mass Effect 2! I'll happily blow of DLC that just changes cosmetic details or slaps some items in (unless it's free), but anything with a "more-ish" quality to it = me forking over some money.

Because I loved Mass Effect 2 and wanted it to be longer, and now it is, whee!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I thought Bioware said that Kasumi was going to be the final character that was going to join be able to help Shepard on his missions. I cannot wait for Lair Of The Shadow Broker to come out. I think it is going to be really good.

Estoki

May 25, 2010
Thunderhorse31 said:
Estoki said:
She better be an actual character, instead of a person that only says 10 things and then resets like Kasumi and Zaeed.
soren7550 said:
Wait, if Liara is joining the team, does that mean there's a chance that my Kai-Kai will return as well? *squeals at the though*
I highly doubt she's going to be an actual squadmate (there's no room for her on the squad screen!), probably just someone who tags along or does her own thing. I doubt she'll ever even end up on the Normandy or have extra dialogue options, it's likely just an extended mission a la Firewalker or Overlord but she's more heavily involved.

And "Kai-Kai" is dead and gone, you must be playing it wrong. ;)
Bioware adds "space" to the squad screen whenever they bring new characters in.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Estoki said:
Bioware adds "space" to the squad screen whenever they bring new characters in.
In other games, or in ME? Because the "spaces" for Kasumi and Zaeed were already there whether you got the DLC or not.

Aug 25, 2009
I hate DLC more than anything I can describe.

Basically I'm still holding out for a GOTY version of Mass Effect in the same vein as Fallout 3, including all the DLC that they keep releasing. Until then I won't be playing it, so as always I hope that this DLC is not actually crucial, much like the other DLC they keep releasing.

Which begs the question, why release any content which doesn't actually have a point?

And besides, this one seems non-sensical, for the point stated in the original post, and because it could easily have been included in the third game, which just annoys me.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Okay, concerning DLC like this, I am excited. That said, I want to know where exactly in the game they intend to implement the content in relation to the storyline.

Bioware has stated that their DLC is intended to bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3, so I would really like it if this DLC was only activated after you complete the main quest. This would give players an incentive to keep playing with their preferred Shepard in the aftermath, instead of restarting every time they finish the main story.

Think about it, didn't you want to see what Shepard was up to during the couple of weeks between the end of ME1 and the start of ME2? Post storyline DLC could act as a variation of that, giving the galaxy a sense of continuation, rather than everything grinding to a halt after the Collectors are defeated.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Halyah said:
I've been waiting for this to happen. I wonder how having romanced her will affect the interactions.
Having romanced her in the first game, I think that only the initial reaction is effected. They meet, they kiss, but after that she seems to have the same dialogue.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Don said:
Andy Chalk said:
It seems a little weird to me that with the fate of the galaxy still hanging by a thread and Cerberus, with Shepard and company at the tip of its spear, still the only group taking the matter seriously, everyone would be so cool with knocking off for a few weeks to help Liara settle a score. Am I really supposed to care about some kind of intergalactic gangsta throw-down when life as we know it is staring down the barrel of extinction?
As good as Mass Effect is, continuity and correlation in its own universe is not its strength.

But aye, I shall get this upon its release as well, about time something meaty was made.
I'm kinda hoping they'll put it at the end. It would eliminate logic and logistical issues with a temporary squadmate. Also, if they chose to keep Liara in ME3 (which I feel seems [hopefully] inevitable), then this would be an excellent way to do so.

Also, OH HELL YEAH! Finally, I've been waiting a long time for this.

Edit: I criticize DLC all the time, but if they actually get Ali Hillis, Mark Meer, and Jennifer Hale (on top of any others they'll pull in) plus the cost of creating all the new content, then $7 for 2 or so hours is a good deal, especially considering I'll play it more than once.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
No no no no no no no no no.

Wasn't Liara and the Shadow Broker supposed to be a large part of ME3?

If this DLC has any kind of monumental conclusion or something I'll be pissed off its DLC, if it doesn't I'll be pissed off that its kinda pointless yet most likely required to tie into ME3 so I'll have to buy it.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
As much as I hope for an incredibly awkward love trianble in the middle of a firefight in this DLC, I know Bioware is definately saving that for ME3.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
LIARA! My beloved Liara! Finally she will be back with a gun in her hand.

I must have this!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
theriddlen said:
Can't wait to play it.

But your cause is lost, Liara. Romance award goes to Tali.
This.

Eh, I dunno, what possible function could she serve? I already have a crazy asari biotic, a crazy powerful human biotic, and a biotic who can also use guns, and a biotic who can also use technoligy.

EDIT: Also a biotic assasin.

EDIT 2: Plot Spoilers that I made up on the spot, the secret of the shadow broker is that LIARA IS THE SHADOWBROKER. FROM THE FUTURE? I DUNNO!

MAYBE LIARA IS SO GOOD AT BEING AN INFO BROKER EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS A FRIGGIN SCIENTIST, THAT SHE CAN EVEN CONCEAL HER OWN IDENTITY FROM HERSELF!!oneone1