BioWare Reveals Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
-.- how fucking lame. Yet another "cameo" just wedged in there..
I'll bet they only did this because people bitched you couldn't play as Liara (myself being one of them). Though to be fair... that's far from the only problem I found with ME 2... *shudder*

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Xaositect said:
Jonatron said:
(SPOILERS, duh.)

If the collectors were not defeated then they would have abducted and poured earth's population into the "giant terminator ripoff" and done a re-run of the battle of the citadel. They did save the galaxy and once again postpone the inevitable.
The collectors would have been annihilated before they could get anywhere near earth.

Sooner or later the alliance would have been forced to take notice and obliterate the collectors single ship used to abduct colonies.

The Mass Effect 2 story is a steaming pile of wasted, shooter oriented shit with hardly any effort put into it.
Thank you! I thought I was the only one who didn't like ME2. I loved one, but two... what the fuck were Bioware thinking? Besides pandering to the mainstream TPS audience.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Duncan Turner said:
If you look at the Bioware ME2 character page there are two empty spots left in the list on the right hand column.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/squad/kasumi/

One is going to be Liara and the other? New person? Ashley/Kaiden?

I figure that the next person gets added in the bridge DLC connecting ME2 to ME3.
That site's so old... you ARE aware that those two missing characters are actually "Archangel" and [spoiler\]Legion[/spoiler] right?
They've already been revealed ages ago, just not on the website.
That site has no bearing on anyone in future dlc or otherwise.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
zHellas said:
Hopefully this will be free for those with the Cerberus Network...

I honestly don't want to spend MicrosoftPoints for something I could have gotten for free if they had just kept using the system.
I sure hope you're joking,they'll absolutely charge 560pts just like they did for their last "story" DLC (Overlord, although i have to admit Overlord was fun)

Cerberus network will never see another addition again imo, i mean when even the 160pts graphics packs aren't deemed "Cerberus Network" worthy...

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
Xaositect said:
Jonatron said:
(SPOILERS, duh.)

If the collectors were not defeated then they would have abducted and poured earth's population into the "giant terminator ripoff" and done a re-run of the battle of the citadel. They did save the galaxy and once again postpone the inevitable.
The collectors would have been annihilated before they could get anywhere near earth.

Sooner or later the alliance would have been forced to take notice and obliterate the collectors single ship used to abduct colonies.

The Mass Effect 2 story is a steaming pile of wasted, shooter oriented shit with hardly any effort put into it.
The collector's ability to take earth is questionable but earth is a definite target, both the line in the collector ship and Incursion confirm this. The Reaper could possibly be completed before reaching earth and the other allies could assist in neutralising the nearby fleet while blocking communications and we have little idea of the full range of collector navy and technology, only what they needed to seize a few small colonies.

Having a new Reaper and the whole of earth enslaved would give a suitable alternative to the adapted Protheans. Afterall, they are noted for their "high biotic potential" and "high genetic malleability", as you may notice are present in the subject in Retribution.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Played this yesterday, and it's awesome.

Good value DLC - not a full game, but a substantial addition with good story and character development.