BioWare Still Unsure About Tali Reveal

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
ZeroDotZero said:
Let's see the face. With ME coming to a close, we won't see Tali again anyway, so we might as well get rid of 'the mystery'.
I have a feeling Mass Effect will have endless spinoffs.

I want a Contra style game with Garrus as the main character. The story would be about when he was in charge of his own merc group.
I would play this.

aenimau5

Dec 19, 2010
Leave it the whole mystery about what she looks like makes her more interesting.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I think they should leave the mystery intact.

I always find it funny that everyone thinks Tali is an okay LI but Joker should be off limits becuase he has a bone disease. They do know that she could die just from kissing Shepard :| Not to say Tali shouldn't be an LI but it's strange that people find her acceptable but Joker isn't.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I agree with what some other people are saying, I feel the best solution would be to meet, and actually see, another Quarian. That way there's still the mystery of what exactly Tali looks like, but you get a vague idea.

RKOking226

Jan 5, 2011
I feel kinda bad for bioware cause if they don't show her face some fans will be disappointed, and if they do reveal the face behind the mask then whatever the player imagined would probably be off by a long shot. Kinda like showing off Samus's face... The fans were not pleased on bit!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
brunothepig said:
I agree with what some other people are saying, I feel the best solution would be to meet, and actually see, another Quarian. That way there's still the mystery of what exactly Tali looks like, but you get a vague idea.
That's kind of a cool idea. Or even a painting or picture or somthing.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I think they should leave the mystery intact.

I always find it funny that everyone thinks Tali is an okay LI but Joker should be off limits becuase he has a bone disease

/facepalm
Funny, I think Tali's off limits, because I don't think there's enough penicillin on the Normandy.

fanklok said:
SUDDENLY, plot twist. She's an Ilithid.
A plot twist for your plot twist, she's a Geth wearing an Ilithid's skin.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
While I personally dont want to see Tali's face, I do want some general idea of what a quarian looks like. But then again no matter what, if the reveal does actually happen, the reality will no doubt disappoint a lot of people as whenever we are faced with the unknown, we like to create an ideal image of it in our minds, and when that gets overridden it can feel really crappy.

A good example of this could be how many people are disappointed whenever a book or comic gets a film adaptation as we all usually create the ideal voices for characters in our minds and hearing something completely different in the movie theater is jarring.

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Tali always was an awesome character, but the romance thing shouldn't have been there. All the stuff you hear about Quarians and immune systems and children living in bubbles, then she strips down in shep's dirty cabin the Normandy crawl space... whatever.

The romance was only there to pacify the more rabid fanboys, not because it made any kind of sense.

I hope they don't reveal the quarian face, its much more interesting to be a mystery.

As for the fan art - its very well done. But its barely any different to human, and I will go postal if Bioware try and do an Elf in space crap for Tali and quarians.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Carnagath said:
She's obviously gonna look like a polygonal version of her voice actress, like pretty much every other humanoid-ish Bioware character ever.

I don't see a problem with that or any fan objecting. Casey Hudson is just hyping.
I can't picture people being disappointed with that, especially since like Canagath said, they do tend to model their characters on their RL actors. I personally would hate (well, dislike) if they didn't show her face, it's like a cheap way of copping-out. What would be even worse is if they do another scene like they did in ME2. It's like being rick-rolled, and at the end of the day that's unpleasant.

Crap man, I'm not even a Tali fan. I didn't romance her on any of my playthroughs I just saw the vids on (name your favorite video sharing site).

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
icyneesan said:
If they really wanted it to be hilarious they'd do something like this...
Awesome. Did they just hack the game's camera to keep it in the same place, or is that a simple photoshopping?

Anyway, I just think they shouldn't show the face. If necessary, Shepard can make some brief description of how she looks verbally to half-satisfy the crowd. It's like the Pyro from TF2.

At least the Mass Effect crowd gets to see which gender Tali is, and what her voice sounds like.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
I don't really care what "Tali" looks like, but I would like to see a random quarian w/o its helm on to get an idea of how they look. From how they described them before their faces aren't too far from humans aside from the ears and glowy eyes you see through their helm.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
I think they should show another Quarian, maybe say that the Quarians could have a custom where they unmask their dead before burial/cremation/whatever. Could kill Tali...

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Luke5515 said:
The best analogy I can make is Double D from Ed Edd and Eddy.
Something was up under that hat, and no one ever knew. It would have killed it if they showed what it was.
This, this, and most certainly this! My avatar is pleased. XD

Apr 28, 2008
Katana314 said:
icyneesan said:
If they really wanted it to be hilarious they'd do something like this...
Awesome. Did they just hack the game's camera to keep it in the same place, or is that a simple photoshopping?
Hacked the camera. Was done with Halo as well way back when.

OT: Please don't reveal the face Bioware. Don't make the same mistake of almost every horror game these days by showing us the face. Keep it a mystery, because we'll always come up with something way better than what you come up with.

Same with horror games, when not showing us the monster, we come up with what scares us the most, and that makes it far scarier than what you show us.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
TJ rock 101 said:
They could just show us what Quarians in general look like, without showing Tali's face. So then we would at least have an idea of what she is like.
This. I don't need to see Tali in particular. I'd like to, but then again I would regret it later. I hope they show a quarians face and that they really alienate it. Like nothing we've seen before. You see it and think WTF?! :)

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Still dont want that to be revealed. Keep it a mystery, or make some kind of sacrifice. Like a kind of Darth Vader face reveal. Want to finally see her face? Well then, you cant have your romance, too, make it more meaningful by seeing her face as the last thing before she dies.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I honestly don't care how she looks I just want to see it.
I'm far too curious.