Bizarrely Easy Boss Fights

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
skywolfblue said:
The human reaper thingymajig from ME2.

Fights with Praetorians or Scions were hard as hell, but the much vaunted final boss? Piece of Pie.
I don't know I found it quite hard to fight back while dying with laughter from the ridiculousness of the situation.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Probably the final boss (actually the final 2 bosses) from Darksiders 2. (Keep in mind I played the game on Apocolyptic which made it even stranger).

I mean I finished the game thinking "Okay... when's the actual boss going to come out?"

But he never did. Not that I was disappointed or anything, the game is pretty awsome.

I mean when you fight Samael, which was strangely easy considering he is basicly Diablo and Satan combined, you get the feeling "Okay, I just beat the Lord of Hell... there better be a pretty damn awsome boss waiting for me in this tree. But nope, just some dude I barely remembered from the beginning of the game who you beat with a pretty simple system of "MOVE THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!" and then hit repeatedly.

But I gotta admit, that final blow was one of the most damn awsome executions I've ever seen.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Wilhelm from Borderlands 2.

The characters didn't even finish telling me how badass he was and how he was going to kick my ass by the time he went down. Then again, it's easy to assume Jack wanted Wilhelm to lose.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
Arkham Asylum: Pick any boss.

Shade of Akama in Black Temple.

I also found the Leviathan in Dead Space to be stupidly easy.

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
Ice Car said:
Wilhelm from Borderlands 2.

The characters didn't even finish telling me how badass he was and how he was going to kick my ass by the time he went down. Then again, it's easy to assume Jack wanted Wilhelm to lose.
It's easy to assume this because they explicitly tell you that five minutes after the fight.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Olrod said:
The boss at the end of Cosmo Canyon in Final Fantasy VII.

X-Potion = Win.
Shoot, man, you don't even need to waste an X-potion. A phoenix down will do the trick.

Also, my entry is "every boss in FFVII." The storyline bosses, anyway. When I played through it as a kid, I would occasionally have problems killing certain enemies. But back then I thought the enemy skill materia was useless. Now that I'm replaying as an adult and actually using the thing, I can honestly say that it completely breaks disc 1, if not the entire game. I have not had a single game over screen this playthrough. not even against the Midgar Zolom with party levels in the high teens. It's ridiculous.

Edit: I should note, I'm just talking about enemy skill here. I'm not even talking about the kind of complicated materia combinations that let you auto grind by taping down the circle button and a direction.

Edit Edit: Another Final Fantasy example. In Final Fantasy Tactics, the boss at the end of chapter one (the nobleman, whatever his name is) went down in one hit for me. I had a black mage with Ice 3, and one casting took him down. I think the FF devs expect players to run away from more random battles than I wind up doing.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Magenera said:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick. Also Dragon Dogma, was told the white hydra would be hard, within a few seconds using High Bolide he is done. I am forgetting a few bosses.
yes. wilhelm was a cakewalk. also:
handsome jack. he died in around 4 shots from my explosive shotgun.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I'll be the first to Rodrigo Borgia in Assassin's Creed II then. Hard stage (for AC) beforehand, but all I did when fighting him was throw knives at him and then take him down with my fists later.

Cesare in Brotherhood is another example. And all of Revelations' bosses. I know that AC is supposed to be easy, but Brotherhood (it's still better than Revelations in my opinion) and Revelations was a slap to my face in terms of difficulty.

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
Desaan from Jedi Outcast. I went in the first time expecting to slog it out for a bit and maybe die a few times in the process, but no i just jumped down used force speed hacked at him with my lightsaber for like 20 seconds and bam he was down.

I mean Tavion was whole lot more friggin' harder due to the fact that when you used force speed she matched it with hers, Desaan on the other hand just stood there stupidly in slowmo while i sliced him to pieces.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
I actually never hit attack to kill the Angel version of Sephiroth. He was hit by a quad deathblow counter attack by Cloud and was done. It was oddly both dissatisfying and thoroughly satisfying at the same time.

Oh, and I just beat the final boss of Old Republic's Inquisitor Storyline, won't spoil his name, but he makes you fight one of his friends first, and honestly I had a much harder time with him.

I actually feel like this is a really common RPG thing, ESPECIALLY JRPGS, as they want you to clear the bosses without too much trouble and usually throw in some extra hard hidden boss that you have to beat before the final who makes the last boss look pathetic.

It's a weird thing, I mean why not just set up some post game dungeon that lasts forever after you beat the game and put the absurdly hard crap in there?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Every single final boss in a Final Fantasy game ever, I have yet to lose to one, seriously.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
s69-5 said:
AnotherAvatar said:
It's a weird thing, I mean why not just set up some post game dungeon that lasts forever after you beat the game and put the absurdly hard crap in there?
You mean like a lot of JRPGS do?

For example, Star Ocean 3 has Sphere 211 (That's 211 floors) and 2 other post-game bonus dungeons.
FFX-2 had the 99 floors of the Via Purifico.
Parasite Eve had the 77 floors of the Chrysler Building.
Dragon Quest 8 had a completely different ending, post-game, after some intensely difficult boss fights.
Disgaea... enough said right there...

This is actually standard practice in JRPGs already. Haven't really seen it much for Western games though, beyond money grabbing DLC.
I am ashamed to admit as someone who once considered himself quite into JRPGS, but I haven't played any of those to their conclusion except for Dragon Quest 8, which while having a nice extra final boss, I still wouldn't call that an dungeon of endless grind. I am however aware of the one in X-2, which is probably where I was pulling some of the concept. Also I've never played Parasite Eve, which I think I'll rectify right now as it's a good month for it.

Also I just got a Vita so Disgaea portable will be something I'll be picking up as the thought of a JRPG on the go sounds exquisite, and if it has the sort of endless grind I'm talking about, well... awesome.

Side note: my favorite JRPG feature was New Game +, so few games use that these days and it drives me nuts as I was sure that SOMEONE would have been inspired by the epic way it was used in the Chrono series to craft some sort of plot based entirely around New Game +.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
CrimsonBlaze said:
distortedreality said:
Bowser. Any Mario Game.

EXCEPT Mario 64.
And maybe Super Mario Bros. Wii. Seriously, have you seen that final boss fight? There's no way you can win that with 4 people.
I beat him with just one, I recall. Wasn't easy, but it was beatable.

OT: It's not so much a "boss fight" but a "boss stage", but every boss in WarioWare is easy as hell.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Gwyn from Dark Souls. Block, parry, riposte. Block, parry, riposte. Dodge his grab. Parry, riposte. Backstep his kick, block, parry, riposte. Well that was easy.

Of course if you don't parry him he's a right bastard.

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
Shoggoth2588 said:
Anybody remember Lucien from Fable 2? If not than SPOILER WARNING

Thank you Reaver, for ending the game for me.

As for bosses your fight on your own...I dunno, Ifrit from Final Fantasy VIII? I mean, you can grind your way up to Demi-Godhood before taking him on so that makes things almost insultingly easy.
tht was a forgivable boss it was realistic and the story up to tht point was great just the dog T.T lol allways brought the dog back at the end