Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
ultimateownage said:
I see you're problem. You were thinking the Call Of Duty multiplayer wouldn't be a hopelessly unbalanced pile of shit, that's full of whiny 10 year olds.
Oh, come on.

Was that necessary, Ultimate? Really?

Because, whether you know that or not, some people don't find it a "hopelessly unbalanced pile of shit, that's full of whiny 10 year olds".

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
This. I've always loved snipers, and it should not be a "run n gun" weapon.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
That second chance pro thingy was in WaW, it's not too bad.

To be honest (and this is something I've found for every CoD online), the things people ***** about never seem to affect my game much. I never (well, very rarely) ran into much trouble from matyrdom, or 1887s. Certaintly nothing that ruined the overall experience. Granted, my favourite is WaW, but I've sunk a good long while into MW2. I can't say I didn't/don't enjoy myself massively.

basically, I can overlook all these perks and things; I'm more interested in splitscreen online, new maps, new guns, new modes etc. It'll be a fun new thing.

BelfastSpartan

Oct 5, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
BelfastSpartan said:
The problem with that is

a)spawning next to your team-mates who don't have cold blooded

b) the Chopper Gunner's bullets have an area of effect, so you get hit by splash damage as soon as you spawn

It didn't happen all the time, but enough to be rather frustrating
True but even then I don't find it that big of a problem, slightly frustrating in MW2 but not a game breaker.
I just hope my team is smart enough to put on cold blooded, the amount of times I've seen idiots not use cold blooded but instead try to dodge bullets! =/
One guy tried to outrun a sentry gun 4 times to get beside, attacking from the front. Died everytime! I died a little inside that game =[

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Shaegor said:
I constantly hear this complaining about quickscoping in CoD games, and I'm wondering... Why do people find it so unbalanced? Well yeah, it doesn't exactly go with the point that snipers stand for but what else? I mean, in TF2 at least, quick scoping takes a considerable amount of skill.
Quickscoping in Modern Warfare 2 abuses the aim assist function. When you hit aim with the crosshairs centered over an enemy, the gun will be locked onto them when you look down the sight. How it abuses it is that the weapon will already be locked onto the target pretty much the moment you hit aim, so you can fire a sniper rifle and hit a target before you get anywhere near looking down the scope. Factoring in that a sniper rifle with FMJ and the Stopping Power perk has around a 85-90% chance of getting a one shot kill makes it an extremely effective, and fairly frustrating to face, tactic. Sure, it works well, but it looks all sorts of wrong when people charge in with a sniper rifle that they use like a shotgun.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
RedRussian said:
I dunno man. There are new ways to take down air support. There is the 4 kill streak SAM turret that automatically locks on to air support and shoots it down, as well as new launchers, and the Valkyrie rockets that would destroy it in no time. This was a really small map with little cover so I think that's why he raped so much.
You know, I agree and I don't think it will be as much of a problem on bigger maps.

But I've seen a few of them and there are a bunch that have little to no overhead cover - Launch and Jungle for example.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
What I saw from the video does lead me to believe that the snipers have been nerfed a bit too much, I always liked getting a lucky kill with one close range. The RC car has always been something I have not been keen on, but once I found out it can be gained with two kills, it seems to me that it has to be changed. I agree with what your saying but I'm not that fussed by the flaws shown, I think I would prefer if they were not in the game.

I'm saying this having not played it, so take it with a grain of salt please as I don't have a clue how game breaking these matters are.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
The chopper gunner...fair enough, its a small map, need to get 11 kills...fine.

The quickscoping though...hrr.

See, I did it because I had a really fun time doing it, and it was challenging and satisfying for me. Cod4 did it right, and I'm pretty upset they ruined it completely:/.

I'll see how it is when I pick the game up...eventually. But atm...this does not look good D:

But seriously, why the beef?
People have fun playing the game in different ways, it doesn't mean their wrong for playing like that?

Games are for people to have fun, and I talk on behalf of the quickscoping community when I say...that's how we have fun. Going around with a TAR-21 silenced with predator, harrier and chopper gunner is just boring for me...doesn't mean you guys that find that enjoyable should get so defensive and aggy.

Chill out guys, it's just a game -___________-'' and don't pass judgement until you've played it.

ugh.

Gizmo007666

Nov 12, 2009
So glad that they have fixed sniping now, there is a reason for the secondary weapon you start with, its not just for show.

Although that chopper gunner for a 9 killstreak does look fairly gads, can only hope nuketown is a rarity in the map selection or everyone has the sense to choose the alternative.

So far looks to be a fairly decent with noting to broken being found so far, makes a nice change from the past 2 cod's

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Steppin Razor said:
Quickscoping in Modern Warfare 2 abuses the aim assist function. When you hit aim with the crosshairs centered over an enemy, the gun will be locked onto them when you look down the sight. How it abuses it is that the weapon will already be locked onto the target pretty much the moment you hit aim, so you can fire a sniper rifle and hit a target before you get anywhere near looking down the scope. Factoring in that a sniper rifle with FMJ and the Stopping Power perk has around a 85-90% chance of getting a one shot kill makes it an extremely effective, and fairly frustrating to face, tactic. Sure, it works well, but it looks all sorts of wrong when people charge in with a sniper rifle that they use like a shotgun.
It seems to me to the way they could have easily fixed it was:

a) Remove auto-aim for Snipers (after all, snipers are usually the ones proclaiming they are the most skillful players - prove it)

b) Increase the aiming time down sights, and keep the spread random until you can see the crosshair, none of this auto-lock when you're only half zooomed in crap.

That to me would be pretty fair.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
ultimateownage said:
I see you're problem. You were thinking the Call Of Duty multiplayer wouldn't be a hopelessly unbalanced pile of shit, that's full of whiny 10 year olds.
Oh, come on.

Was that necessary, Ultimate? Really?

Because, whether you know that or not, some people don't find it a "hopelessly unbalanced pile of shit, that's full of whiny 10 year olds".
Well someone was going to say it sooner or later. Especially that you yourself just made a thread saying what I essentially said. Honestly the Black Ops multiplayer looks miles better than the MW2 multiplayer. I couldn't stand it when there were so many better games I could be playing, and so many better multiplayer shooters I could be playing.

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
RedRussian said:
I dunno man. There are new ways to take down air support. There is the 4 kill streak SAM turret that automatically locks on to air support and shoots it down, as well as new launchers, and the Valkyrie rockets that would destroy it in no time. This was a really small map with little cover so I think that's why he raped so much.
You know, I agree and I don't think it will be as much of a problem on bigger maps.

But I've seen a few of them and there are a bunch that have little to no overhead cover - Launch and Jungle for example.
True but this is all based of second hand information since the game isn't actually out yet. until then I am saving judgment.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Gizmo007666 said:
So glad that they have fixed sniping now, there is a reason for the secondary weapon you start with, its not just for show.
At least snipers don't have fucking shotgun secondaries anymore :D

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
RedRussian said:
MiracleOfSound said:
RedRussian said:

True but this is all based of second hand information since the game isn't actually out yet. until then I am saving judgment.
...which is probably the sensible thing to do. I have seen detailed run thoughs and multiple gameplays on those maps though, and I assure you that overhead cover is definately scarce!

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Steppin Razor said:
It seems to me to the way they could have easily fixed it was:

a) Remove auto-aim for Snipers (after all, snipers are usually the ones proclaiming they are the most skillful players - prove it)

b) Increase the aiming time down sights, and keep the spread random until you can see the crosshair, none of this auto-lock when you're only half zooomed in crap.

That to me would be pretty fair.
Black ops has done everything you just mentioned to snipers. That is why people are proclaiming overuse of quick scoping is dead.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
binvjoh said:
Thank you! I love what they've done to the sniping. You actually have to hit shit now.
In the video he fires point blank into the bots' chests and the hit doesn't register.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Well someone was going to say it sooner or later. Especially that you yourself just made a thread saying what I essentially said. Honestly the Black Ops multiplayer looks miles better than the MW2 multiplayer. I couldn't stand it when there were so many better games I could be playing, and so many better multiplayer shooters I could be playing.
The thread is created by Miracle Of Sound, not me.

I don't object to you not liking the game.

I object you to criticizing other people for still liking the series and outright implying they're thinking wrong.