Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Steppin Razor said:
[

I can't shoot the bloody thing yet, though. Little bastard taunted me by driving straight at me, and I missed it with my gun. I dunno if you can actually shoot it though, I've only heard that you can, so I might have been making an arse of myself earlier in game.
See, that's what worries me... I'd have no problem with it if it had a nice big hitbox. But at the moment it seems people are having real trouble shooting it.

It could be as simple a fix as moving it to a five streak.

Also, I agree and I'm going to be using Spy Plane instead.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
They have not just nerfed Quickscoping, but utterly ruined sniping. They have such a huge sniping community that this just seems like complete madness.

Hell, I don't ever snipe, I don't like quickscoing and even I can see that this was a ridiculous decision. It makes the Sniper Rifles utterly redundant.
That chopper gunner looks fucking horrible especially to someone like me who sucks at gaining killstreaks. I'm glad they got rid of the quickscoping though; it gave everyone with a sniper rifle an easy one-shot-kill ability while run 'n gunning. Then again, they might patch that latter on, breaking the game even more.

Probably won't buy Black Ops eitherway.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
Soldiers in real life deal with this danger (i.e. IEDs); is it too much to expect ordinary people to maybe deal with this in a fucking video game?
There you go again with that 'real life' stuff.

Real life is not fun! Games are.

You want real life, go join the army. Games are for entertainment, not to simulate real life.
There you go again with that "I think this isn't fun, therefore it's not" stuff.

Your opinion is not an objective fact.
I never said it was. If you think real-life war is fun then good for you. But most gamers don't.

Most gamers would rather run around in COD with an un-realistic sniper rifle than go out to some desert and endure seeing their friends blown apart, living in fear of death every second of every day.

And game developers are sensible if they make games that most gamers will enjoy.

Now can we please drop this? It's getting silly.
See those bolded parts? That's you trying to pass of your opinion as a consensus fact. Who exactly are these "most gamers"? Unless you can back up such statements with ANY evidence, stop using the phrase "most gamers."

Now can you please drop this? It's getting silly.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
cainx10a said:
Cpt Corallis said:
cainx10a said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
Soldiers in real life deal with this danger (i.e. IEDs); is it too much to expect ordinary people to maybe deal with this in a fucking video game?
There you go again with that 'real life' stuff.

Real life is not fun! Games are.

You want real life, go join the army. Games are for entertainment, not to simulate real life.
Or go play ARMA 2, which is pretty much the only realistic 'shooter' on the market. Totally agreed that CoD games have been about having a great time playing a game, not pretending to be a real soldier.
Or play the Battlefield 2 Mod Project Reality. Offers something similar and is free.
FREE? pssssh! *throw pennies at thee*

I think they will be releasing PR for arma 2 (the amount of community content for this game is crazy) as well, and yes, had a great time playing that on BF2. Although I must admit, I prefer arcade games, so I really only play arma 2 when I feel like it > . >
OH GOD NO! PENNIES!

They have done an ARMA 2 Mod, haven't tried it out but it looks good.

OT: it should be interesting seeing how people react to those mannequins. I forsee lots of cursing at killcams!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
That looks....my god, that looks painful. Thanks Miracle, I always appreciate your comments on the CoD games. It's true that fans are one's best critics.
Thanks man.

Pity not everyone on the thread sees it that way.

It is always the biggest fans of COD that are the hardest on it, because we're the ones who spend so much time playing it and learning what makes the game frustrating for the majority.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
See those bolded parts? That's you trying to pass of your opinion as a consensus fact. Who exactly are these "most gamers"? Unless you can back up such statements with ANY evidence, stop using the phrase "most gamers."

Ok, I've had enough now.

Get off my thread before you get reported.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
It is always the biggest fans of COD that are the hardest on it, ...
You implying that I'm not the biggest COD fan on here?

Well, I'll... I'll battle you in CoD trivia. Haha.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
That looks....my god, that looks painful. Thanks Miracle, I always appreciate your comments on the CoD games. It's true that fans are one's best critics.

26 Kills like that, come on Treyarch, you told us you tested the balance in this game. Seems that you missed something. Shame by the way because that map looks really fun, quite something different from your average map.

Anyway, I'll hold out on this game if it's really this bad. I'm ok with the dogs in WaW because they're not one-hit kills, but if they are... Not to mention that god awful spawning system.
Just a thought: The game hasn't officially released yet, so maybe (big maybe, as in I-swear-to-fucking-Bran maybe) the spawn system is intentionally shitty.

Cowabungaa said:
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
That's the point I'm making. But you seem to think that "quick scoping" is balanced and therefore fun, which Treyarch seems to disagree with (as well as I).

Also, "most people" and "I" are not synonymous, unless you can find some sort of statistic.
My point is that the guns seem to have been nerfed to the point where they will be completely ineffective and redundant, which to me is unbalanced.
Since when is it "unbalanced" to encourage players to use a sniper rifle correctly?
If you ask me it screws sniping up for regular snipers as well. Late in my MW2 'career' I started sniping too and many-a times I only had targets in my sights for a second or so. Thanks to this I wouldn't be able to shoot them, even when I'm not quick-scoping (which I don't even know how to do).
Then get a bigger window of opportunity. It's the game's fault you couldn't position yourself to get into a good field of view? Should the game really be THAT easy?

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Well they must have figured out that people love to get cheap kills because they have no skill nor do they even want to try at all to win. It'll be like this all the time.

Winning person: OH YEAH THIS IS AWESOME. DEFINATELY GAME OF THE YEAR. PWNAGE!!
Same person but losing: WHAT THE FUCK THIS GAME IS SO CHEAP IT FUCKING SUUUUUUUUUCKS!

Bottom line, they don't care. It's about soldiers, easy kills, immediate buy for them. Even if they are on the losing end. It sounds insane to everyone outside the circle but people love the cheapness. These are probably the same people who bitched at Bungie for catching out cheaters in Halo Reach (remember that funny arse forum of people whining. Ahh good times) and so they go over to COD where they can cheat and so COD sells loads. Every single COD game will be like this in the future getting worse each time and if it doesn't then I will sell everything I have just to prove a point. It's unfortunately a winning formula.. But think of it this way, at least there's a lot less dicks playing Reach (which I really need to buy myself instead of just playing it at mate's houses).

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

Ok, I've had enough now.

I will if you can answer the question:

razelas said:
Who exactly are these "most gamers"?

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Here's Woody's gamertag having a game of Black Ops and as we can see, two of the worst problems in the franchise are just as bad, if not worse, than before.

The Chopper Gunner is ridiculous. Way too powerful. Not to mention that the game repeatedly spawns players outdoors and directly into its line of fire. Woody gets 26 easy kills with the thing.
Well as long as there is a way to shoot the chopper down, it should be ok. That's what I did in MW2 and that worked fine.

With any luck they'll patch it though.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Well, that map seemed pretty small, maybe the same size as Rust. So Chopper Gunner in a map like that is pretty much indestructible.

Is there a video of those Attack Dogs? I would like to see one.

As for sniping.... I don't really care. I'm not a sniper in COD games and when I do, I never quickscope. I stay back and snipe from a distance. You know, like it's supposed to be done?

Anyway, I will most likely buy this next week for PC. My friend pre-ordered it for 360, so I guess I'm gonna go there and test it this week.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

Ok, I've had enough now.

razelas said:
Are you serious? Are you joking?

Do you not agree with his statement?

If not, please, go ahead, create a poll on this gaming website and ask everyone to respond seriously.

Poll: Would You Rather Run Around In A Gamee With Unrealistic Weapons Or Go To War And See Your Friends Die?

If you think most people won't give the obvious answer, you're delusional.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Steppin Razor said:
[

I can't shoot the bloody thing yet, though. Little bastard taunted me by driving straight at me, and I missed it with my gun. I dunno if you can actually shoot it though, I've only heard that you can, so I might have been making an arse of myself earlier in game.
See, that's what worries me... I'd have no problem with it if it had a nice big hitbox. But at the moment it seems people are having real trouble shooting it.

To be fair, you can't shoot a pred. This is just slightly different, The pred can't be shot but you can hide indoors, the car can be shot but you can't really hide. (unless you climb up some boxes or something).

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:

Eh, it's probably a skill thing. When you first start playing FPS games, getting a head shot is something that rarely happens. After a while I'm sure everyone will get used to it and work out how to counter it, although I do like that it's hard to hit at the moment. It's a small RC car zipping around with a bomb strapped to it. It's actually pretty funny to be on the receiving end of it at the moment because it's just so ridiculous looking and unexpected when it comes at you.

A 5 streak does sound more appropriate for it. I must say I do approve of Hardline Pro, though. It sucks when someone gets a Chopper Gunner or something like that from it, but I've become a little sick and tired of the bullshit Modern Warfare 2 kept giving me where a random person would throw a single Care Package and get an AC130, whilst I'd get at least 5 Care Packages and a few Emergency Airdrops in the same amount of time and end up getting 10 resupplies out of 15 crates. Sure, it's hilarious to look back on, but getting 2 Resupplies, a UAV and a Counter UAV from an airdrop is slightly less than funny at the time.

The Spy Plane is pretty awesome.

Now, to discuss something other than the dogs. My brother tested out the other 11 kill streak reward earlier against the bots. The Gunship is....
Well, it'll be interesting to see how it affects the game. It's like the Chopper Gunner, except, according to my brother, you move it around yourself. None of this business of having the game fly it around randomly. YOU move the analogue sticks. YOU decide where it goes.
It seems a little overpowered >.>

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
You know what -you're absolutely right.

You know what you should do?

Go start a poll. Call it 'Do you think partaking in a real life war would be more fun than playing videogames?'

There's your evidence.

Have a nice day.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

Ok, I've had enough now.

razelas said:
Are you serious? Are you joking?

Do you not agree with his statement?

If not, please, go ahead, create a poll on this gaming website and ask everyone to respond seriously.

Poll: Would You Rather Run Around In A Gamee With Unrealistic Weapons Or Go To War And See Your Friends Die?

If you think most people won't give the obvious answer, you're delusional.
Nice strawman, mate. Quite stuffed with nice tufts of exaggeration too.

I'm not arguing that players want the full, brutal experience of war. But a REALISTIC experience? I can't say "most players" would like such a thing, but I would say that I would like such a thing, and Treyarch seems to be thinking along the same lines. Will most players like such a thing? I can't say. But I do know that I will find people who enjoy the same experience.

BelfastSpartan

Oct 5, 2010
If you get nailed by the same chopper gunner several times you probably deserve it!
MW2 it was called cold blooded.....also there were a handful of weapons to quite easily take down choppers in 1 hit!

If you don't want to change class then don't go outside or stay on the opposite side of a building and stay away from windows/open spaces!

I really don't think chopper gunner is a problem! It just requires a different approach from let's run into the open and ....*dead!....oh that SoB I'll show him this time!.....*dead!....oh he got lucky again, this time I'll make sure...*dead! Idiots!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
razelas said:
Nice strawman, mate. Quite stuffed with nice tufts of exaggeration too.

I'm not arguing that players want the full, brutal experience of war. But a REALISTIC experience? I can't say "most players" would like such a thing, but I would say that I would like such a thing, and Treyarch seems to be thinking along the same lines. Will most players like such a thing? I can't say. But I do know that I will find people who enjoy the same experience.
Yes, quite a strawman, especially when I'm not even disagreeing with what you say. I don't mind some realism.
razelas said:
Miracle Of Sound said:
I never said it was. If you think real-life war is fun then good for you. But most gamers don't.

Most gamers would rather run around in COD with an un-realistic sniper rifle than go out to some desert and endure seeing their friends blown apart, living in fear of death every second of every day.

And game developers are sensible if they make games that most gamers will enjoy.

Now can we please drop this? It's getting silly.

This is the quote I'm taking objection with. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want proof that most gamers do not find war fun, create a poll. Go ahead.

I fully agree with you that the realistic sniper rifle is not a bad thing. But you conducted yourself in a way that just makes everyone think you're trying to prolong this hostility by nitpicking the guy's quotes instead of countering his arguments.[/quote]