Blizzard Sale Shatters World of Warcraft Prices

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Honestly, Vanilla WoW should just be free by now. Seriously.

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
Jeronus said:
I wish they would lower subscription prices for the actual game. I mean I would love to pay 10 dollars instead of 15 a month.
This. Otherwise I would really consider making my "triumphant return".

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
ARGH! Why now?!? I'm flat broke and without a credit card! By the time I get some income going again, the sale will be long gone. Crap...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Yureina said:
Good deal...

...But I already own all of those. I also uninstalled WoW yesterday, so that's it for me. :eek:
What happened? Was it the shattering revalation that you had no real social life :p

[sub]I kid, I'm glad you're off the gaming equivalent of cocaine popcorn. Once you start, its hard to stop![/sub]

OT: Must.... Avoid... Temptation...

[sub]I can resist. I just have to get so busy again that I forget all about the low price.[/sub]

Sovreign

Apr 25, 2009
Rationalization said:
That $15 a month isn't stopping a whole lot.
Yeah especially since one of my friends has server transferred ($25) name changed ($20?) didnt like the new server, so transferred back ($24) and now race changed ($25).

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Yureina said:
Good deal...

...But I already own all of those. I also uninstalled WoW yesterday, so that's it for me. :eek:
What happened? Was it the shattering revalation that you had no real social life :p

[sub]I kid, I'm glad you're off the gaming equivalent of cocaine popcorn. Once you start, its hard to stop![/sub]

[sub]I can resist. I just have to get so busy again that I forget all about the low price.[/sub]
Very funny.

No, I just got too many epics, titles, and special rewards out of that game to care about getting anymore. Oh, and I finished college.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
I don't get it. It's still to expensive, given that you need all expansions anyway.

They should let the base game stay kinda expensive, but make every expension short of the most recent one free.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Yureina said:
Very funny.

No, I just got too many epics, titles, and special rewards out of that game to care about getting anymore. Oh, and I finished college.
I guess I'm just kind of biased as a High School friend of mine disappeared for a year before quitting. We literally only talked during class and he was losing sleep over it. His parents finally cut him off after failing his final exams in grade 11.

[sub]What'd you take?[/sub]

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
viranimus said:
Yes, I am now confident Blizzard is in panic mode. The events of yesterday in South Korea has them terrified at the prospect of loosing well over half of their "11 million", So now they hope to replace those toons that they are afraid will be lost in war.

Smart move Blizzard, but your not going to replace 5 million subs with a sale. Pretty much anyone who has any intention to play warcraft already does, or has. Really theres not that many people who were that on the fence about it after 6 years.
Meet someone who is NOW on the fence! It only took however long this stupid game has been out...

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I guess I'm just kind of biased as a High School friend of mine disappeared for a year before quitting. We literally only talked during class and he was losing sleep over it. His parents finally cut him off after failing his final exams in grade 11.

[sub]What'd you take?[/sub]
I never had those kinds of problems. Had 1-2 close-calls, but the advantage of being a genius is that you can get through college acting like a total slacker and still walk away with an honors-level GPA. ^_^

I took History/Political Science. Whee

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Yureina said:
Redlin5 said:
Yureina said:
Good deal...

Very funny.

Congratulations on quitting (one of the best decisions I ever made) and finishing college! Now on to real life...or maybe grad school!

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
SuperMse said:
Congratulations on quitting (one of the best decisions I ever made) and finishing college! Now on to real life...or maybe grad school!
Haven't decided which of those I want just yet. :/

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Jeronus said:
I wish they would lower subscription prices for the actual game. I mean I would love to pay 10 dollars instead of 15 a month.
Pretty much this. Granted this is, yet again, an awesome marketing move on their part to entice people towards it, but subscription fees will likely not change anytime soon and will continue to be the main source of cash in the end.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
viranimus said:
Yes, I am now confident Blizzard is in panic mode. The events of yesterday in South Korea has them terrified at the prospect of loosing well over half of their "11 million", So now they hope to replace those toons that they are afraid will be lost in war.

Smart move Blizzard, but your not going to replace 5 million subs with a sale. Pretty much anyone who has any intention to play warcraft already does, or has. Really theres not that many people who were that on the fence about it after 6 years.
You think Blizzard are throwing a sale because they're worried about an entire country being wiped out in the next few weeks?!

(The largest Asian gaming bloc is China btw, not Korea)

- - - - -

This makes sense to me, when TBC came out it was £20 for WoW and £20 for TBC (£40 total), with WOTLK it was £10 for WoW, £10 for TBC and £20 for WOTLK (£40 total). This just keeps the level of entry at £40, since everyone who plays needs all the expansions to not waste their money.

I mean otherwise it would be £80 to start playing, and £9 a month to keep playing. That's way too much for most potential players to get their head past.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I reckon there will be a chunk of people that think "Ohh, it's that game that everyone loves; only $20 all up!? I must buy!...*one month later* Why do I have to pay $15?"
Of course that would be a substanially small amount of people.
Mainly, the larger populous would be like "NO! IF ONLY I HAD WAITED, I COULD HAVE GOTTEN MOAR MONTHS OUT IF IT!" and Baww on 4chan.
Oh, and Blizzard absolutely LOVES money...

OFF TOPIC: ...like Activision. $15 Map Packs anyone?