Blizzard Unleashes Final, Jaw-Dropping StarCraft II Launch Trailer

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Jeronus said:
This looks more like a cutscene from an action shooter than a RTS. Why is Blizzard trying to market this game like a shooter more than a RTS? Someone out there is going to pick this game up expecting a shooter and be severely disappointed.
Good thing that the editor supports making shooters then?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Jewrean said:
BboyTeddyBear said:
agree with red marine. blizzard has had incredibly topnotch cgi dedication on detail since Wc3. (i have the dvd cinematics disc) and their trailers ALWAYS show they have the ability to make top notch cinematics. why not a movie?
Since WC3? Since they began making games they have always had stunning clips. Ahead of their time.
Heck yeah...the ending clip when the orcs win in Warcraft 2 is nothing short of hilarious. I miss playing that game.
Addendum:
Jeronus said:
This looks more like a cutscene from an action shooter than a RTS. Why is Blizzard trying to market this game like a shooter more than a RTS? Someone out there is going to pick this game up expecting a shooter and be severely disappointed.
So maybe we should get something like this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/1365-The-Last-Remnant] instead? Yeah, that'll generate sales....
Frankly I don't see the big deal. Blizzard has good talent in making an excellent storyline, and an RTS storyline doesn't have to be only about battlefields or barracks pooping out soldiers. This takes it deeper. But if you don't see that, that's cool. You can always make a custom video using gameplay. I'd love to see that.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
Odoylerules360 said:
So it's gonna be, like, a knock-off of Warhammer 40K?

And it's real-time strategy, so that trailer is essentially meaningless.
You must be new here.

When you actually research the time lines between Blizzard game releases and the Warhammer franchise you discover there's a great deal of copying, borrowing, ect between the two.

Seriously, Sci Fi and Fantasy as a whole are both highly derivative. Everything's been done before. Everyone is ripping off everyone else's basic ideas.

EDIT:
And before I forget-

The trailer is for the plot line. If you're looking for gameplay footage it's all over the place on youtube, and beyond.

Badong

May 26, 2010
This would be so damn awesome if it was FPS/RPG, but Star Craft will be Star Craft and my fantasises will stay fantasies forever more...

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Enigmers said:
Starcraft: Ghost was pretty much done when it was canceled, it was about par with other games on the market at the time, but not up to Blizzard's standards, so they scrapped it.

I took that with a few spoonfuls of salt when I read it and it still busted my balls a bit.
I very much doubt that to be honest; no company is stupid enough to just waste gigantic piles of money like that.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
Blizzard takes the one thing that SquareEnix does well and does it even better.

And still makes decent games.

Blizzard, I love you. I really do.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
If this was a movie trailer, I would be avoiding it. The dialogue is so lame and the story seems like something we've all seen a million times. However, the graphics are FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Fotunatly, this is a game and I'm sure it will be a lovely addition to the RTS genre, besides the stupid annoying Battle Net and new restrictions that put me off the game.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Woah, woah. When reading through this topic all I can is:

Seriously, if you're a gamer and do hate this trailer you've some serious issues.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Odoylerules360 said:
And it's real-time strategy, so that trailer is essentially meaningless.
Sorta my opinion but in a less blunt way...
RTS's have never really been my bag, and neither have trailers that are completely different to the actual release product.

Sooo, not really getting me any interested =/

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Arcanist said:
Blizzard takes the one thing that SquareEnix does well and does it even better.
This is a comment I disagree with. Did you see the CGI in Final Fantasy XIII? It was within a greater scope; was more polished, and wasn't quite as cliche, dialouge-wise, as this. Of course; you have to factor in the fact Blizzard used the game engine for parts of it; but then again, so did Square-Enix in their International trailer.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
DominicxD said:
I like how they're releasing the same game again after 10 years.
Yup, in the same way every FPS released is the same as Doom. They're in first person and you shoot things. Can you say interchangeable?!

WarDaft

Apr 3, 2010
Absolutely fantastic.

Showing actual game play would have ruined it, it's a trailer not a video demo. And to the people wanting plot spoilers? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! A good trailer entices you to watch *without* spoiling things.

And for the record, about 80% of that is done with the game engine. Blizzard cinematics are second to none, so anything in there that isn't *perfect* is actually the game engine itself, and quite probably interlaced with interactive dialogue.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
SteelStallion said:
I must be the only guy here that didn't like it.

It's random strands of incomprehensible plot points, cheesy dialogue, and 0 in game relevance. Fucking sucked, but the game is going to be fantastic.
Actually I understood most of it. I guess you haven't played Starcraft or what?