Blizzard Unleashes Final, Jaw-Dropping StarCraft II Launch Trailer

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Asehujiko said:
Jeronus said:
This looks more like a cutscene from an action shooter than a RTS. Why is Blizzard trying to market this game like a shooter more than a RTS? Someone out there is going to pick this game up expecting a shooter and be severely disappointed.
Good thing that the editor supports making shooters then?
I doubt the guy who bought this game thinking it was shooter is going to be happy that he has to make it himself. Imagine ordering a pizza but instead of getting what you wanted he gives something else entirely, but he tells you to just remove the parts you don't like. I doubt you would still be a happy you paid for it.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
That's one of the coolest things i've ever seen!

They should consider making a starcraft movie like that.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
first time i saw it i got a Nerdgasm, second time i saw it i got nerdchills, third time i saw it i appreciated how awesome blizzards cinematic team truly is! XD

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Jeronus said:
Asehujiko said:
Jeronus said:
This looks more like a cutscene from an action shooter than a RTS. Why is Blizzard trying to market this game like a shooter more than a RTS? Someone out there is going to pick this game up expecting a shooter and be severely disappointed.
Good thing that the editor supports making shooters then?
I doubt the guy who bought this game thinking it was shooter is going to be happy that he has to make it himself. Imagine ordering a pizza but instead of getting what you wanted he gives something else entirely, but he tells you to just remove the parts you don't like. I doubt you would still be a happy you paid for it.
What the fuck is your problem?
If someone really is dumb enough to buy the game thinking it is a shooter then... too bad. He deserves it.
It's not the first cinematic trailer we've ever seen. It's quite common and there is a frigging ton of gameplay material of Starcraft 2. And guess what, it says everywhere (even on the box!) that it is a RTS game.
Jesus it's a cinematic story trailer, why would you put gameplay in this? Why would you completely kill the pacing and look of the trailer by doing that? Right you wouldn't ever do this.

But look at the picture above, haters gonna hate.

Edit: Also everything this trailer shows is in the game. You will see stunning in-engine sequences and of course the beautiful CGI from time to time.
Meanwhile other trailers like the SW:ToR Trailer by Blur Studios are... just trailers. They really have little to do with the game.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
I'm pretty sure teh only reason Blizzard doesn't make a full length movie is that because it would just ruin all other movies for us,forever.

However,I fail to connect with characters in RTSs,but if Starcraft became an RPG,I would be all up in it.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Odoylerules360 said:
So it's gonna be, like, a knock-off of Warhammer 40K?

And it's real-time strategy, so that trailer is essentially meaningless.
You know, except to the people that care about the story. I take it they don't exist where you come from?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Xzi said:
Rofl we hit on the last remaining Squeenix fanboy.
You immediatly loose any credibility with this comment. Nice start; you immediatly begin your comment with one that gives the appearence you're about to make a poorly thought-out argument.

They could have the most epic CGI in the world and it wouldn't make a bit of difference, because one, the voice-overs are terrible and rarely synced with the videos, and two, the games went down the tubes long ago. FF13 could have been one giant cutscene for as much as it required player input. Man that was one terribad experience.
I was right. That's an absolutly moronic comment - you know why?

Because I never mentioned anything about the game itself. Your whole comment seems based around the fact that I somehow think the game itself is better than StarCraft, when we are talking, exclusivly, about CGI trailers. Nice argument there though - especially when the English CGI scenes for that game were edited to match the voice-acting; rendering the whole "badly synch'd" argument void too...

Sad thing is that I was actually looking forward to it.
I couldn't care less about your feelings towards the game. I just fail to see how this CGI trailer is superior to Final Fantasy XIII's international trailer; as was posted.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
GoGo_Boy said:
Woah, woah. When reading through this topic all I can is:

Seriously, if you're a gamer and do hate this trailer you've some serious issues.
Win. True. Internet. Cookie. For. You.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Very nice trailer...

Still pity is has sod all to do with the game it's a trailer for, other than the characters, That you will only ever see in similar pre rendered cut scenes...

sorry, why does any game company make these?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
this has everything a movie trailer has...and it's a game o_O

Blizzard...have you ever thought about opening a movie department o_O

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
I wish I had the system specs to run this.

If I did I'd run down to town right now and pre-order it, then start queueing for the mid-night release.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
It wasn't a jaw dropping trailer. And to be honest I'm not really intrested in Starcraft 2. To me Starcraft 1 wasn't as good as an RTS as everyone claimed it even with all the expansions I had it felt week, I still perfer Age of Empires, even after the horrible turn they did at the 3rd one from how vastly different from the second, it still felt like an RTS, Starcraft just feels like build a bunch of units and send them in and watch. Age of Empires made you think of all the different usint as they all had MAJOR strengths and weaknesses, meaning I couldn't build 50 battering rams and send them in like tanks, as they would be destroyed almost instantly by infantry, so you build 10 battering rams, 10 calvary, 10 archers, and 20 infantry. And even then you have to use a battle plan and grouping. Thats what made it fun, Starcraft just felt like a click this unit watch it kill.

And yes, before anyone says anything I still own Starcraft 1 and I did play it.

Corohan

Mar 11, 2010
I hope you do realise that this trailer contained a lot of scenes which were made with the in-game engine, right?

SnwMan

Jun 21, 2010
chemicalreaper said:
Not trying to incur the wrath of Blizzard fanboys but... who wrote that script? George Lucas? It was awful! And the voice-acting wasn't much better. "Zerg, incoming" -- what is this, Toy Story? That doesn't sound threatening, that sounds like a group of pastry-making wankers who want to give you a cuddle.

Other than that, the trailer looked quite cool, I suppose. Still not cool enough to make me care enough about the game to buy it.

EDIT: At 1:41 in the video, that is a blatant copy the Halo 3 "Hornet." And at 1:07, they didn't even bother trying to disguise the fact that it's a direct knock-off of the Star Wars clone gunship.
1:07 looks nothing like a clone gunship, its called a banshee. and 1:47 nowhere in Halo is there anything remotely like it, come up with facts first lol.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Quesa said:
Blizzard's strategy has always been to craft a movie that the gameplay connects you to. I hate RTS and I adore every Blizzard game.
I see what you did their =)