Blizzard Unleashes Final, Jaw-Dropping StarCraft II Launch Trailer

hieiwrath

Mar 20, 2009
Dammit I have still 2 days of work, how can I work after watching this trailer? Im going to sue Blizzard for releasing this trailer. My life will end after tuesday Im fucked.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Corohan said:
I hope you do realise that this trailer contained a lot of scenes which were made with the in-game engine, right?
No, none of that will ever be in engine gameplay. or even in game engine.

Corohan

Mar 11, 2010
Dom Kebbell said:
Corohan said:
I hope you do realise that this trailer contained a lot of scenes which were made with the in-game engine, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYfwTBOYPgc&feature=related
It contained a lot of scenes like these, which are not CGI but made by the game engine itself.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Corohan said:
Dom Kebbell said:
Corohan said:
It contained a lot of scenes like these, which are not CGI but made by the game engine itself.
Nope, pre rendered non engine CGI there. just because it is in the game, does not mean the game engine has anything to do with rendering it.

Crash 9000

Oct 22, 2009
I found the trailer to be awful.
I think all of the WC3 in-game cinematics look better.

But that's just me :(

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
.Ricks. said:
But you have Advent Children which people loved, even some that didn't know Final Fantasy VII for what it was ( not many though) I'm on the same wagon as the people who want the WC movie to be CG by Blizz I mean... Just look at the trailer!
Advent Children wasn't mean to have realistic look however. It was mor eon the anime style just transfered to CGI. The uncanny valley effect was diminished by the fact that characters were cartoony enough to not switch your brain to start recognizing realistic characters in them.
Spirits Within aimed for much more human look in the renders.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Lancer723 said:
No one has compared this to halo or said that is ripping off halo or star wars. You can't blame their fanboys for EVERY flamewar that happens. Also, I find your portrayal of the console gamers of these forums borderline offensive. I would remind you that console and PC gamers are not mutually exclusive, it is possible to play pc and console games, as well as have an appreciation for the history of video games as a whole.

On a lighter note...

*Needs new pants*
At no point did I say that console gamers were anything derogatory, I just state that most of the people on this forum tend to stick to playing console games rather than PC games which Polls in the past have shown and a lot of them will have missed out on Starcraft. And people have compared it to Halo in this very thread. " no where near what Halo Wars" and "blatant copy the Halo 3 "Hornet." " are just 2 examples from the first page.

Netrosis

Jul 12, 2009
I'm Impressed with the Trailer.

There are so many trolls arguing and most of them pertain ONLY to this trailer. If they paid any attention to any of the other various videos and promotional media Blizzard has released for Starcraft 2 their comments would be invalid, or in many cases plain trolling.

The game is more than just a 'Single Player campaign' and 'Twitchy Micro RTS Multiplayer'.

It comes with a FULL FEATURED map development and publishing program. Given the relatively small time that the Beta has been out and lack of documentation for the Galaxy Editor, the quality of the Custom maps is astounding.

When you think of how WC3 spawned DotA with an inferior toolset, what is possible with this game is potentially awesome.

I'm looking forward to the Single Player storyline, it looks really interesting. If people want to complain about "B-Grade" storylines and "Cheesy lines" on a game that's yet to have been released, it show's their maturity. Anyone with some intelligence will wait for actual reviews to determine if it's worth it. Please, avoid the trolls. Plus it's rare to see any mainstream Sci-Fi movie/game without some cheesy elements to it, it's a part of the genre.

The game now has a good budget, and they can afford to expand the realms of what wasn't feasible or possible the first time around (This was back when 3D games were in their infancy, it's truly amazing how far we've come in less than two decades).

I can understand if you don't like the Storyline, perhaps you don't like Blizzard, perhaps you just don't like Sci-Fi or RTS, hell Action RTS games. I just find it quite ignorant that people can question the quality[/u] of the game.

John Funk was right, there's sub-genres of Real Time Strategy, Starcraft 2 has it's own spin as an Action-RTS, with more emphasis on micromanagement gameplay. To be honest it's not really my favourite style (action RTS). I prefer the Macro-management and trying to successfully defend my resources and outlast my opponents with superior armies.

The trailer did what it's supposed to do, it got me pretty hyped up for Starcraft 2. I've already pre-ordered and I'm sad I wasn't quick enough to grab the Collector's Edition. I really wanted the Soundtrack.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Dom Kebbell said:
Corohan said:
Dom Kebbell said:
Corohan said:
Nope, pre rendered non engine CGI there. just because it is in the game, does not mean the game engine has anything to do with rendering it.
Dude it is rendered by the engine. Stop spreading false information. The Video that got posted is being rendered in-engine.
Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zzaptMosU at 0:27 he's talking about those in-engine cinematics.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
GoGo_Boy said:
Jeronus said:
Asehujiko said:
Jeronus said:
This looks more like a cutscene from an action shooter than a RTS. Why is Blizzard trying to market this game like a shooter more than a RTS? Someone out there is going to pick this game up expecting a shooter and be severely disappointed.
Good thing that the editor supports making shooters then?
I doubt the guy who bought this game thinking it was shooter is going to be happy that he has to make it himself. Imagine ordering a pizza but instead of getting what you wanted he gives something else entirely, but he tells you to just remove the parts you don't like. I doubt you would still be a happy you paid for it.
What the fuck is your problem?
If someone really is dumb enough to buy the game thinking it is a shooter then... too bad. He deserves it.
It's not the first cinematic trailer we've ever seen. It's quite common and there is a frigging ton of gameplay material of Starcraft 2. And guess what, it says everywhere (even on the box!) that it is a RTS game.
Jesus it's a cinematic story trailer, why would you put gameplay in this? Why would you completely kill the pacing and look of the trailer by doing that? Right you wouldn't ever do this.

But look at the picture above, haters gonna hate.

Edit: Also everything this trailer shows is in the game. You will see stunning in-engine sequences and of course the beautiful CGI from time to time.
Meanwhile other trailers like the SW:ToR Trailer by Blur Studios are... just trailers. They really have little to do with the game.
Did I ever say anything derogatory or even the slightest bit negative about the game itself? I merely pointed out that this trailer gives off a FPS vibe. I think you are letting your love of this game cloud your judgment. I don't have any strong feelings about Starcraft. I am a neutral party making a neutral comment about a trailer to a game that hasn't even come out and you felt the appropriate response was to call me a hater. You did make some good points about the box, but if someone who watches just the trailers and commercials goes out to preorder the game, they will be expecting something more visceral and faster than an RTS because that is what is implied by the advertisements.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Xzi said:
GoGo_Boy said:
Dude it is rendered by the engine. Stop spreading false information. The Video that got posted is being rendered in-engine.
Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zzaptMosU at 0:27 he's talking about those in-engine cinematics.
FORTY-FIVE MINUTES OF CUTSCENES? I freaking love SC2's multiplayer, but I didn't realize the single-play would cause me to cream my pants as well.
Wrong, 45 minutes of in-engine scenes + 14min full CGI cinematics.
Oh boys, we're not only getting the greatest RTS game we'll also kinda get a movie with it :D

Edit: Just for further clarification:
In-Engine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Pm5rExvfE (nice to see you, too ;) )
Full CGI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXoekeDIW8 (the vid got low-res though)

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Xzi said:
Haha you can fail to see whatever you want. It all comes down to opinion. And IMHO there hasn't been a Final Fantasy cutscene trailer in history which could rival even Warcraft 1's cinematics. Blizzard is and always has been the king in that department.
Opinion, yes; but from a technical standpoint you're wrong.