Boobs Oddly Censored On Samurai Warriors 3 Cover

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Ah you silly Yanks and your completely pointless censoring.

To echo the statements of most people in this thread, the bottom one actually looks better. It's still a pointless change though.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
I hate to point this out, but will it even matter at all? Seriously, it's Samurai Warriors 3. Is anyone looking forward to this?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
OF COURSE ITS NECESSARY!!!! What if i child sees that? Jack Thompson will flip shit. Kids might get interested in SEX!!!

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Oddly, the edited one looks more natural to me. It's hard to explain, but it just seems slightly more aesthetically appealing. Which is even odder since I'm a guy and "Me likes teh boobies!"

It's completely unnecessary though. Why do this? Then again, I'm often surprised by the dumb editing they do in some movies, games, television shows, and even card games. Yeah, they actually edit some card pictures from foreign markets. (I'm a nerd and use to enjoy playing a few different card games)

"I'm tired of these Monkey-Fighting Snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!!!"

Durxom

May 12, 2009
tijuanatim said:
I hate to point this out, but will it even matter at all? Seriously, it's Samurai Warriors 3. Is anyone looking forward to this?
I'm pretty much a bunch of us Wii players are, since its only coming out on our console =D Woo!

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
You actually care about such a small discrepancy?

Furthermore, you actually observed that portion of that both of those pictures long enough to notice?
It's not as if it would take a significant amount of time to notice the difference - it is small, sure, but it's still apparent. And the OP is just pointing out how ridiculous it is that someone found it necessary to make such a minor alteration, although I will agree that the second one is more aesthetically pleasing.

TLatshaw

Aug 30, 2010
Whether it looks better or not was not the first thing I thought. My first thought was: Who gets paid to look at box art and alter the clothing of the characters?

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Basically Americans like violence but shy away from sexual content. A game can be as bloody, gory, and violent as you can make it but if it shows so much as a nipple people freak out.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
This reminds me of the censoring of Ivy Valentine in the promotional art for Soul Calibur IV, albiet the content in the game itself was untouched.

Honestly though, I do think this is pretty ridiculous, but then again censorship has been getting increasingly ridiculous in the US, and has hit a peak (Arnie, ACTA, etc...).

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
I had to walk away for an hour before I noticed any difference. Now that I have seen the difference I gotta say... her boobs look like they're sagging in the first pic.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
tijuanatim said:
I've been looking forward to this since I first found out about it...so for about six months now. Samurai Warriors 2 is one of my favorite games ever, and in my opinion outshines everything in the Musou series except maybe Warriors Orochi.

Alpha1089 said:
Ah you silly Yanks and your completely pointless censoring.
Fun fact: North American releases of Japanese eroge actually remove the censoring that's in the original.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
NeutralDrow said:
tijuanatim said:
I've been looking forward to this since I first found out about it...so for about six months now. Samurai Warriors 2 is one of my favorite games ever, and in my opinion outshines everything in the Musou series except maybe Warriors Orochi.
I preferred SW2 to Warriors Orochi, but maybe I'm just weird.

And yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to SW3 as well.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Hard to tell if it was done because the US is prude or because the Japanese think the US is prude.

Company execs work in mysterious ways.