Booth Babe Boobs Get Booted

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
oliveira8 said:
scotth266 said:
Hey, they laid down rules beforehand. It's probably a family-friendly event, and you don't need to wear something resembling a swimsuit to attract attention. In my opinion, the lady on the left is better-dressed anyway, so... yeah.
It's a game trade show kinda like E3. Or at least is what I got from their program...Don't see anything family friendly about it.
Then they might just be trying to be professional. Either way, the rules were there beforehand: is it really so surprising that they'd be enforced?

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
end_boss said:
Pendragon9 said:
Kim Jong Jil must not have had any luck with the ladies. SO NOW NOBODY ELSE WILL EITHER! D:<
Kim Jong Il only governs North Korea. South Korea is very different.
Oh. I thought he was trying to take over South Korea. Oh well.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
:O ...
Like, what the fuck?
If children are allowed to the convention, it's understandable. Else, I repeat my statement: WTF?!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
SUPRISE! FREE PROMOTION FOR YOUR GAME NO ONES HEARD OF!

Better exploit this while you can, Blade&Soul team...

Feb 13, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Dont hate me but, im glad.
Some of the outfits that you can see people wear at conventions are totally inappropriate.
And some reasonable dress codes cant hurt.
Who exactly is it hurting? These people are paid to wear these costumes, and it's up to them. If they're going to put a dress code into conventions, I'd first of all ban all the calorie enhanced blokes from wearing fukus. That's far more mentally scarring.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
kukuku ^^ said:
Malygris said:
... Pants or skirts were to be long enough to cover the pelvis, while upper clothing was required to cover at least one-third of the model's back.
That's not ludicrously conservative ...and an unspecified amount of their fronts?

Honestly, I think they should be able to wear anything for the promotions. We're generally dealing with professionals in professionally creating costuming here. It's not like someone is exploiting slave girls or whatever. Nobody showing up as eye candy at one of those things is there for any other reason besides the fact that they want to do so (for money).

I think Korea is laughably wrong here.

This is not quite as lulzworthy as the Nokia/Nintendo battle though.

I see it as being similar to how we saw attempts to "clean up E3" which of course lead to the question of "why, what's wrong with E3? The spectacle is half the point".

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Some of the outfits that you can see people wear at conventions are totally inappropriate.
I totally agree. If I goto a game convention, I go for the games.
If a company can't entice me to their table without scantily clad booth babes, then their product probably isn't worth looking at.

Ocelot GT

Oct 29, 2009
Heavens forbid their scantly clad forms ATTRACT people to your event and get you more MONEY.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I think the costumes highlight a reason people think games are sexist: stupid exploitative costumes. The one on the left isn't bad, it's just that she has clothes/armor everywhere but her chest (read: cleavage). It's the one on the right that's bad: who goes around the world, even a fantasy one, looking like they forgot to put on pants?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Yeah... Repressed sexuality sure is fun uh? We totally should regulate what people can wear... And what they can say... And do... And think...

Just give me one good reason why they shouldn't go butt naked if they want to? Best I can tell the whole "OMG PUT CLOTHES ON!" thing started when people who looked bad started feeling self-conscious over people who actually look good.

Tough shit. I'm no model either, but I recognize people's right to dress (or not) as they damn well please. For fuck's sake, it ought to be a basic human right...

@OP: Korea seems very much "in the closet" right about now.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Whatever. I prefer European girls anyway.
Anyway, I think you have the right to wear what you want, unless you are a guest at someone's home and they have dress codes. Which, they apparently have. So it's fine they kicked them out.
Also, just because they are women, doesn't mean they have to dress like prostitutes.
I think they should wear something cool rather than something out of a fucking anime.

Bediz

Apr 20, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
"Appropriate" is subjective. Yes, if there's a dress code, it should certainly be adhered to, but as far as what is and is not appropriate is based on individual taste. A person walking around without pants would send a nun into fits, while it wouldn't even warrant a glance from a nudist.

As far as this goes, there was a dress code, the ladies violated it and were removed. Decency, modesty and sensuality have little to no play here. It's like an elementary school child wearing a shirt with "the f word" on it to class. Dress code violation, disciplinary action, done and on to the next one.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
kukuku ^^ said:
Malygris said:
... Pants or skirts were to be long enough to cover the pelvis, while upper clothing was required to cover at least one-third of the model's back.
That's not ludicrously conservative ...and an unspecified amount of their fronts?
While I do agree the limits are that demanding, have the Korean organizers never seen video game character designs? Especially in fantasy settings where the average evil babe makes the average bikini look conservative.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
yeah I'll agree with that

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Personally if you are going to be that skimpy make it look good those outfits...ugh.

LIKE SKIN TIGHT CHAINMAIL!!!!!

no joke...i saw that once in montreal...amazing red headed girl but imprevious to most bladed weapons...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Smooth move, Korea. You get a decent shot to ogle hot chicks and it's okay, but noooo, the outfits are too skimpy. What a gaggle of morons.