Booth Babe Boobs Get Booted

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Dont hate me but, im glad.
Some of the outfits that you can see people wear at conventions are totally inappropriate.
And some reasonable dress codes cant hurt.
Yeah it must be a total ***** being in a stuffy building full of nerds, only to see some relatively fit woman wearing very little milling about.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Nimbus said:
It looks like the one on the right is missing the bottom half of her costume.
No she isn't.
(ssshhh, we don't want her finding out)

Anyways yeah, Korea sucks. Not that anyone didn't know that.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Macksheath said:
GoliathJT said:
I'd hit the one on the right so hard.
I wouldn't seeing as her companion has two swords. ;)

OT; Oh God, not another frenzied nation of killjoys. We have enough of Germany, Austrailia, Venezuela and China to last a lifetime.
The first person to pull me out would be crowned the King on England.

OT; Eh this decade has seen the decline of conventions overall.
I?m only sad because I did not experience the carefree days of the convention experience.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Ocelot GT said:
Heavens forbid their scantly clad forms ATTRACT people to your event and get you more MONEY.
This.

I have no idea why they were booted, ah well :p

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Macksheath said:
Oh God, not another frenzied nation of killjoys. We have enough of Germany, Austrailia, Venezuela and China to last a lifetime.
... I don't get it. How do you figure my country (Germany) is a nation of killjoys? Am I missing some information? Are you referring to any distinct event? I'm confused. :\

OT: Well, I don't think booting those girls off the event was right. I do, however, think those costumes are ugly.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Umm, doesn't Korea have a FAMILY THEME PARK devoted to sex and sexuality?

The fuck?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Sonicron said:
Macksheath said:
Oh God, not another frenzied nation of killjoys. We have enough of Germany, Austrailia, Venezuela and China to last a lifetime.
... I don't get it. How do you figure my country (Germany) is a nation of killjoys? Am I missing some information? Are you referring to any distinct event? I'm confused. :\

OT: Well, I don't think booting those girls off the event was right. I do, however, think those costumes are ugly.
I believe he's referring to your government's misfortunate policy of dealing with violent video games. That's why Australia is also on that list.
He shouldn't have phrased it like this, it has nothing to do with the nation.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
Sonicron said:
Macksheath said:

I believe he's referring to your government's misfortunate policy of dealing with violent video games. That's why Australia is also on that list.
He shouldn't have phrased it like this, it has nothing to do with the nation.
Ah, right. Well, even if it was badly phrased, regarding the gaming (and movie) censorship angle, he is correct.

Kaisikudo

Sep 30, 2009
Booted out for innapropriate clothing? Are you kidding me!?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Why does everyone get so indignant over someone setting rules at their gaming convention? The underlying tone seems to be "I should be allowed to see boobies, and nothing and no one is allowed to stop me". I'm not massively against booth babes, but is it really so bad that the people who made the rules put down a line and these people crossed it? You're going to have to put the line somewhere.

Ericb

Sep 26, 2006
DaxStrife said:
I think the costumes highlight a reason people think games are sexist: stupid exploitative costumes.
Definitely. That doesn't truly hurt the hypocritical sense of morals in society, Korean or otherwise. Aside from a few extreme exceptions.

But it does turn the image of videogames into something to not be taken seriously.

So, that banning seems to me like a typical pseudo-moral stance, but the existence of booth babes in game expos is still very much a sad ridiculous sign of the industry immaturity.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Lamesauce. Booth Babes getting kicked from a convention for showing too much skin? As if such a thing were possible. What's next, cosplayers getting booted for being too nerdy? Booths being booted for advertising? Bah, I say, BAH!

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
DAMM YOU KOREA!!! DAMM YOU TO HEL...wait...is this the work of those Dante's Inferno guys again?
[small]They seem to be responsible for everything these days...[/small]

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Dont hate me but, im glad.
Some of the outfits that you can see people wear at conventions are totally inappropriate.
And some reasonable dress codes cant hurt.
Who exactly is it hurting? These people are paid to wear these costumes, and it's up to them. If they're going to put a dress code into conventions, I'd first of all ban all the calorie enhanced blokes from wearing fukus. That's far more mentally scarring.
I am so going to use the term Calorie Enhanced from now on.