Borderlands 2 comes out in one month. Who's buying it?

MBurdock

Aug 7, 2012
After being on and off addicted to D2 for years and feeling no better for all the loot I gathered, I swore I wouldn't get into another loot based game.

Then two weeks ago, I bought Borderlands to see what all the hype is about.

I'm getting Borderlands 2.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
PrimitiveJudge said:
Are we going to see those really badass graphics on the 360?
Unfortunately, I don't believe that the Xbox 360 uses a video card capable of nVidia PhysX or whatever they call it, so 'those really badass graphics' are another thing to add to Claptrap's literal laundry list of reasons to get the PC version.

Sorry. I'm not the one who's still building a console on six-year-old hardware.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Already Pre-ordered.

As for Dishonored, looks good, but Im not likely to buy it right away. Ill most likely just rent it first, see if it is worth it. As I loved the first Borderlands, I already know ill love the second.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
I will buy it on steam when the price drop I have a rule here that any game that comes out in Australia on Steam has to at least reach $60 before I will even think of buying it

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Croaker42 said:
Vigormortis said:
As such, I'm going to wait. Possibly long enough for a price drop.

Besides, I've got Torchlight 2 coming. That should satiate my hunger for co-op dungeon looting for a while.
Yeah the price drop for the BL1 happened fast. On the other side I still feel like half the DLC was well worth it.

I preordered and look forward to the suffering caused by this, GW2 and Torchlight 2 (hopefully dropping soon). Its going to be a rough winter.
Hopefully another drop happens quickly with Borderland's sequel. I eventually had a blast with Borderlands 1, after I turned to the community for patches and bug fixes. (seriously Gearbox? What the fuck?!)

As such, I'm still not ready to trust Gearbox on this latest build, despite their "promises" of, "We made it better this time! Pinky swear!"

Plus, every time Randy Pitchford opens his mouth, words of ridiculous stupidity vomit forth. That alone turns me from Gearbox sometimes.

I guess I'm just not ready to drop sixty bucks on it. I mean, hell, I've gotten upwards of 20+ games this year, in and out of sales, for just a bit more than Gearbox is asking for their one game. And that's not including the plethora of premium DLC I'm sure they're going to add.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Hell yeah, loved the original (still play it now, got it at launch), hopefully it's a step up.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I preordered it and I never preorder.
Even if they manage to screw it up, I figure I owe them at least another $60 for the amount of play I got out of the first.
But I don't think they'll screw it up.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
kman123 said:
I didn't even love the first one but...I'm pretty much sold on number 2. It looks REALLY really good.
Same here. A good idea buried in tons of problems. I mean who the hell releases a multiplayer-focused game...with GameSpy?!

Borderlands 2 seems to fix a lot of issues though; more variation in environments and enemies, more characters and hopefully NPC's and hopefully better AI too. But as I have quite a lot of expenses the coming months I'm still waiting a bit.

ANeM

Aug 19, 2007
Waaghpowa said:
Me and 3 friends from work are going to get the Steam 4 pack of the game and play together. With the bundle price the game is only 45 dollars each of us. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
That is a bad deal, if I do say so myself. Greenman Gaming has it for $50 right now, and currently has a 20% off coupon code (DERHE-RRDER-RINGE) that drops it down to 38.

38 is less than 45. This is the better deal, and you don't have to deal with dolling out bundled copies.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
kman123 said:
I didn't even love the first one but...I'm pretty much sold on number 2. It looks REALLY really good.
Same here. A good idea buried in tons of problems. I mean who the hell releases a multiplayer-focused game...with GameSpy?!

Borderlands 2 seems to fix a lot of issues though; more variation in environments and enemies, more characters and hopefully NPC's and hopefully better AI too. But as I have quite a lot of expenses the coming months I'm still waiting a bit.
If it makes you feel any better everything ive seen, heard, smelled and tasted of 2 seems to indicate a genuine all-round improvement in almost every area.

Which means you can still kill a giant crab and expect it to vomit dozens of guns.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
ANeM said:
That is a bad deal, if I do say so myself. Greenman Gaming has it for $50 right now, and currently has a 20% off coupon code (DERHE-RRDER-RINGE) that drops it down to 38.
It was a good deal till today. Note the date I posted.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
I really liked the first one. So I'm 95% sure I'll buy this one. Sure the ending wasn't great, but I still enjoyed the rest of the game far to much to pass it up.

Jan 27, 2011
I have it preordered.

Of the gang of people that played the first with me only one other person is still up for it. We're currently finishing off the DLC (we never got around to it, since our third player was constantly busy, albeit for good reasons).

So yeah. I'm in. It looks AMAAAAAAZING.

My only complaint is that they kind of took my favourite class and cut her in two. I LOVED the siren's elemental specialties, and her ability to flank or escape or become a human grenade with Phasewalk....

Now.....I either pick siren for elemental specialty and get an enemy control/lockdown skill...Or I forgo the elemental gameplay and use the assassin for the stealth move....

Decisions decisions...........

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
Im getting it... because i have some people i met on the escapist who will be cooping with me hopefully! we did Borderlands 1 together so are hoping to do the same on 2

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
I sure as hell ain't. Not with the way the first games ending destroyed all the fun and enjoyment I had gotten out of the game.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
Hell yes! Day one for sure :)

Also, regardless of the alleged sexism of that developers remarks, I am actually looking forward to playing this with my girlfriend!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
might get it
still going through the first one, and since I bought the GOTY edition, I have quite the long road ahead
hopefully they made online mutliplayer on Borderlands 2 worth a shit
the first one lags my actions so hard I have to play the campaign alone

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
ANeM said:
Waaghpowa said:
Me and 3 friends from work are going to get the Steam 4 pack of the game and play together. With the bundle price the game is only 45 dollars each of us. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

38 is less than 45. This is the better deal, and you don't have to deal with dolling out bundled copies.
unfortunately, GMG is having some serious issues when it comes to buying things from them. At least a few weeks ago when i checked (again) they did. I spent 2 weeks and more hours than i should trying to BUY a product from GMG to no avail.

as such, i bought a hard copy from newegg for 38 dollars. It might not come with the preorder stuff like the green man gaming edition, but at this point it is a sacrifice im willing to make.