Borderlands 2 Season Pass does not include all DLC.

Darkness665

Dec 21, 2010
Specifically, the Mechromancer. If you want that it is yet another $10. And you get to pay not only the $10 but the Season Pass that cost you $30 has ZERO release dates associated with it. The pass will get you all the DLC released until June 2013. If 2K Games actually releases DLC from Gearbox that is. Since it is entirely up to them. There is nothing stated that they will actually do anything except keep your money.

2K Games has become a virtual Ubisoft. Or EA, I suppose. Although, it might take another year before their tactics sink them that far.

So beware buyers! 2K Games sells season passes that aren't.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
nikki191 said:
to be honest i was wondering when the whole season pass thing was going to bite consumers in the ass.

out of curiosity has the season pass for borderlands 2 actually given people anything so far?
It gives you a new location on your Fast Travel system that crashes the game if selected (Oasis)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered. Whine all you like but they made this fully aware since before launch.
Anything beyond her should be covered by the Season Pass. If it's not then you have a right to complain.
[sub][sub]By the way, anyone know if getting season passes after DLC has been released still gets you it, or is it only there for future DLC?[/sub][/sub]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
This has been known for a while. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119747-Gearbox-Promises-More-Non-Season-Pass-DLC-for-Borderlands-2]

And they said that Mechromancer would only be for pre-orders (and new copies as well I believe)

The Season Pass is for the big expansion DLCs, not stuff like character skins and shit they may add in. Pretty sure they've already said somewhere that there's at least four said expansions planned as well.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered. Whine all you like but they made this fully aware since before launch.
Anything beyond her should be covered by the Season Pass. If it's not then you have a right to complain.
[sub][sub]By the way, anyone know if getting season passes after DLC has been released still gets you it, or is it only there for future DLC?[/sub][/sub]
Actaully, the season pass will only get you the four main story expansions. Any other DLC (Which they have said they're making) isn't covered by it. While it does say that clearly in the season pass's description, it's kind of bleh. Borderlands 2 isn't the first game to not have all DLC covered by the season pass though, so I guess this is just the next stage of DLC.

The first DLC should be out shortly though. Most of the files for it were added to the game with the Mechromancer patch, although it's still missing a few meshes. Also, there's a new rarity added in the DLC called Seraph.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
nikki191 said:
to be honest i was wondering when the whole season pass thing was going to bite consumers in the ass.

out of curiosity has the season pass for borderlands 2 actually given people anything so far?
It gives you a new location on your Fast Travel system that crashes the game if selected (Oasis)
I think I'll pass for now, Borderlands 2 is giving me enough crashes already without the Season Pass joining in on the fun.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
hazabaza1 said:
Yeah, pretty much this.

The Season Pass only covers the campaign DLC, not the extra characters or skins they're releasing, which is purely cosmetic stuff anyway and they don't really add stuff to a FPS game anyway.

Plus they said this back in September. [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/gearbox-to-offer-borderlands-2-dlc-offerings-beyond-season-pass/0103354]

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
hazabaza1 said:
Actaully, the season pass will only get you the four main story expansions. Any other DLC (Which they have said they're making) isn't covered by it. While it does say that clearly in the season pass's description, it's kind of bleh. Borderlands 2 isn't the first game to not have all DLC covered by the season pass though, so I guess this is just the next stage of DLC.

The first DLC should be out shortly though. Most of the files for it were added to the game with the Mechromancer patch, although it's still missing a few meshes. Also, there's a new rarity added in the DLC called Seraph.
Huh.
Well then, what this guy said. OP's argument is still for the most part invalid.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered.
That still doesn't rule out the Season Pass, since you have to pay for it.

I've not bought the Season Pass myself yet, and so I haven't exactly looked into it, but my impression was that it would include all the DLC. It seems a little ambiguous and I can understand if people are upset by this. I'll be looking for clarification before buying.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
WoW Killer said:
hazabaza1 said:
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered.
That still doesn't rule out the Season Pass, since you have to pay for it.

I've not bought the Season Pass myself yet, and so I haven't exactly looked into it, but my impression was that it would include all the DLC. It seems a little ambiguous and I can understand if people are upset by this. I'll be looking for clarification before buying.
Go check what Sassafrass said. The SP only gives campaign DLC for free, characters+etc need to be purchased otherwise.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
Go check what Sassafrass said. The SP only gives campaign DLC for free, characters+etc need to be purchased otherwise.
Well the Steam page (two clicks away from my money being removed) says:

Can't get enough Borderlands 2? Grab the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packs for Borderlands 2 at one discounted price:

Includes access to four brand new individual add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2 as they become available.
Add-on content packs are scheduled to be released following the game's launch through June 2013.
Each campaign will feature several hours of gameplay and introduce new adventures, allies, enemies and environments.
No mention of additional not-included DLC. With the Mechromancer being the talked about thing, I can see how people thought it would be included. Sure it says content packs; I was thinking maybe the Mechro would be released along side such a content pack. She wasn't initially scheduled to be released so soon after all.

Right now I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it. It could be four Moxxi's Underdomes with the new Knoxx being an additional purchase.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I understand your disappointment of not getting what you wanted but you really should look at what you are buying before you purchase it. It wasn't exactly hidden that the mechromancer was not part of the season pass they were very upfront about it.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
WoW Killer said:
hazabaza1 said:
Well the Steam page (two clicks away from my money being removed) says:

Can't get enough Borderlands 2? Grab the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packs for Borderlands 2 at one discounted price:

Includes access to four brand new individual add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2 as they become available.
Add-on content packs are scheduled to be released following the game's launch through June 2013.
Each campaign will feature several hours of gameplay and introduce new adventures, allies, enemies and environments.
No mention of additional not-included DLC. With the Mechromancer being the talked about thing, I can see how people thought it would be included. Sure it says content packs; I was thinking maybe the Mechro would be released along side such a content pack. She wasn't initially scheduled to be released so soon after all.

Right now I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it. It could be four Moxxi's Underdomes with the new Knoxx being an additional purchase.
I don't get what the problem is. You said yourself that there's no mention of the season pass giving you any additional packs other than the 4 DLC campaigns, so... what are people complaining about?

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
I don't get what the problem is. You said yourself that there's no mention of the season pass giving you any additional packs other than the 4 DLC campaigns, so... what are people complaining about?
What I mean is, it doesn't say "this does not include the Mechromancer DLC" or anything. Someone could easily read that description and think it included all DLC up until June. That same someone could also have heard that the Mechromancer was the first DLC, and therefore was expecting to receive it as part of their Season Pass purchase. I can understand if somebody was caught out by that, is all I am saying.

Personally I've not yet bought a Season Pass, though I was intending to when I was finished with the vanilla game. Now that I've realised the deal is a little ambiguous, I'm not so sure whether to go with it or not. Prepurchasing DLC seems a little spurious if you don't know precisely what is and isn't included.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
WoW Killer said:
hazabaza1 said:
What I mean is, it doesn't say "this does not include the Mechromancer DLC" or anything. Someone could easily read that description and think it included all DLC up until June. That same someone could also have heard that the Mechromancer was the first DLC, and therefore was expecting to receive it as part of their Season Pass purchase. I can understand if somebody was caught out by that, is all I am saying.

Personally I've not yet bought a Season Pass, though I was intending to when I was finished with the vanilla game. Now that I've realised the deal is a little ambiguous, I'm not so sure whether to go with it or not. Prepurchasing DLC seems a little spurious if you don't know precisely what is and isn't included.
It says content campaigns on it. If somebody mistakes "new character" for "campaign" then they're a fucking idiot, and that's being nice.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
It says content campaigns on it. If somebody mistakes "new character" for "campaign" then they're a fucking idiot, and that's being nice.
Like I said, they could have released the Mechromancer with the first campaign. It's not entirely clear what's included.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
WoW Killer said:
hazabaza1 said:
Like I said, they could have released the Mechromancer with the first campaign. It's not entirely clear what's included.
The fact that the Mechromancer is separate and her description doesn't involve any mention of a campaign then it's not really that unclear.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
A character isn't a campaign. It's amazing how much more sense things make when you read instead of just assume everything.

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
WoW Killer said:
hazabaza1 said:
Dude, they have made it clear, multiple times, They came and announced the Mechromancer. They announced she was free with pre-order multiple times. They announced multiple times what would be in the Season Pass. They announced what wouldn't be in the pass. It's passed Gearbox fault and goes directly to customer stupidity because people can't do one minute of research(google).