Borderlands 2 Season Pass does not include all DLC.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
We know. They told us. They specified quite clearly that the season pass would be for things like the mini-expansion packs in the previous game.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Darkness665 said:
Additionally, several people I knew missed it. So I posted to let others know that 2K was gonna suck out another $10 to punish those that didn't pre-order.
I don't mean to derail this thread but what makes this dlc a punishment to non preorders as opposed to an incentive for people to have preordered it?

If it were day 1 dlc, I'd agree with you, but I don't feel the same way about post launch dlc.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I really dont get why this is a problem, the Season Pass clearly states that it entitles you to the four upcoming DLC campaigns. That's it, the Mechromancer was always said to be free for Premier club members, and about $10 for everyone else.

The only confusion here is from people determined to hate DLC or people who just dont read and assume everything

Jiefu

May 24, 2010
This was pretty clearly spelled out in the Season Pass purchase screen on Steam.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Darkness665 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Kopikatsu said:
hazabaza1 said:
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered. Whine all you like but they made this fully aware since before launch.
Anything beyond her should be covered by the Season Pass. If it's not then you have a right to complain.
[sub][sub]By the way, anyone know if getting season passes after DLC has been released still gets you it, or is it only there for future DLC?[/sub][/sub]
Actaully, the season pass will only get you the four main story expansions. Any other DLC (Which they have said they're making) isn't covered by it. While it does say that clearly in the season pass's description, it's kind of bleh. Borderlands 2 isn't the first game to not have all DLC covered by the season pass though, so I guess this is just the next stage of DLC.

The first DLC should be out shortly though. Most of the files for it were added to the game with the Mechromancer patch, although it's still missing a few meshes. Also, there's a new rarity added in the DLC called Seraph.
Huh.
Well then, what this guy said. OP's argument is still for the most part invalid.
What part of my post was invalid?

Yep, I missed it and Gearbox didn't clarify it until a forum post on 10/4/12, which I hadn't seen as checking Gearbox forums was not on my todo list.

Additionally, several people I knew missed it. So I posted to let others know that 2K was gonna suck out another $10 to punish those that didn't pre-order. As a publisher 2K just pulled another stunt and all you can do is say, "Yeah, cool" when what gamers should be doing is letting them know that 2K is a lousy publisher. Just check out the multiplayer for Spec Ops: The Line and comments regarding same.
The part where you were complaining about the Mechromancer not being in the season pass.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
2K explicitly stated how this works, so if you haven't paid attention then you have no right to complain.

The Season Pass gives you: 4 DLC packs that will be released between now and June 2013. It will cost the price for three of them. So you effectively get one free. You can buy it at any time, even after some of them have been released.

It doesn't include other DLC, nor have they ever pretended they would. This is exactly what Epic did with Gears of War 3, so it shouldn't really be a surprise any way.

It's not "sucking out money" either. The Mechromancer was a free bonus for those who pre-ordered. Not a "punishment" for those that didn't. You made the choice not to pre-order, so you didn't get a free item, get over it.

That's not to say that I don't think it's stupid calling it a "Season Pass" when it doesn't include everything, but that's their choice, they haven't falsely advertised anything.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Darkness665 said:
hazabaza1 said:
The part where you were complaining about the Mechromancer not being in the season pass.
The post is still valid and you are not.
If you say so.
I mean, you haven't convinced me that you aren't just complaining and should read the fine print, but okay then.

levy42088

Oct 23, 2012
Ok, I stumbled upon this thread when I googled borderlands 2 dlc, and since this topic has been on my mind since I made my Season Pass Purchase I NEEDED to put my 2 cents in. I think its outright false advertising, how do you guys not see this? Your missing the BIG point.

I see Season Pass Preorder For $30
I see Mechronomancer DLC For $10

Am I the only one that assumes That if You pay $30 For the season pass you save some money? To me, this said "You can get Mechronomancer DLC for 10$, BUT if you pay 20$ more you get 3 more content updates.

Not To Mention The Text For Season Pass:

"Can't get enough Borderlands 2? Grab the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packs for Borderlands 2 at one discounted price:

Includes access to four brand new individual add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2 as they become available.
Add-on content packs are scheduled to be released following the game's launch through June 2013.
Each campaign will feature several hours of gameplay and introduce new adventures, allies, enemies and environments."

Read tHat LAST Line, EACH CAMPAIGN will feature SEVERAL hours of gameplay (Maybe the 40+ hours of a NEW CHARACTERS CAMPAIGN) and INTRODUCE NEW adventures, ALLIES (Cough Cough Mechronomancer?), AND Environments.

So Wake Up Guys, I am not the only one that payed 30 for the season pass and was annoyed that I had to cough up another 10.

EDIT:
PS: So this was a bonus for those who preordered it right? I Built a NEW Gaming Computer JUST FOR THIS GAME!! I Put A Brand NEW GTX 680 Video Card, Nvidia Said that gearbox was teaming up to give a copy of borderlands 2 with a 660ti or higher video card. Some Can Say I Preordered The Game 2 Months In Advance since i had to build the monster, but they still waiting till day of release to give me the game download code, and look? NO MECHRONOMANCER

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
The Mechromancer was not part of the season pass. This was stated long before the game came out. The only way there could have been confusion if it was not stated beforehand but they said from the beginning it wasn't. You can't assume something might be when it was already said to not be so. I don't know how many other ways it can be iterated other that what a bunch of others have already said. Just because you keep saying it is confusing doesn't make it retroactively so for those of us who read, understood and acted accordingly. Your mistake, you can blame them all you want and you will not make us believe otherwise.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
levy42088 said:
Ok, I stumbled upon this thread when I googled borderlands 2 dlc, and since this topic has been on my mind since I made my Season Pass Purchase I NEEDED to put my 2 cents in. I think its outright false advertising, how do you guys not see this? Your missing the BIG point.

Am I the only one that assumes That if You pay $30 For the season pass you save some money? To me, this said "You can get Mechronomancer DLC for 10$, BUT if you pay 20$ more you get 3 more content updates.

"Can't get enough Borderlands 2? Grab the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packs for Borderlands 2 at one discounted price:

Includes access to four brand new individual add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2 as they become available.
Add-on content packs are scheduled to be released following the game's launch through June 2013.
Each campaign will feature several hours of gameplay and introduce new adventures, allies, enemies and environments."
No. Nowhere in the text does the season pass mention new playable characters. In fact, the wording outright states 4 new CAMPAIGNS. Key word here being CAMPAIGN. Nothing about characters anywhere.

levy42088 said:
Read tHat LAST Line, EACH CAMPAIGN will feature SEVERAL hours of gameplay (Maybe the 40+ hours of a NEW CHARACTERS CAMPAIGN) and INTRODUCE NEW adventures, ALLIES (Cough Cough Mechronomancer?), AND Environments.

So Wake Up Guys, I am not the only one that payed 30 for the season pass and was annoyed that I had to cough up another 10.
Several hours of gameplay is a reference to the new content of the campaign, not the old campaign with a new character. Introduce new allies is a reference to new NPCs being added, not new playable characters, how the hell you made that connection is honestly beyond me.

levy42088 said:
EDIT:
PS: So this was a bonus for those who preordered it right? I Built a NEW Gaming Computer JUST FOR THIS GAME!! I Put A Brand NEW GTX 680 Video Card, Nvidia Said that gearbox was teaming up to give a copy of borderlands 2 with a 660ti or higher video card. Some Can Say I Preordered The Game 2 Months In Advance since i had to build the monster, but they still waiting till day of release to give me the game download code, and look? NO MECHRONOMANCER
Guess what. That wasn't a preorder. That was just a free copy of the game. Does it suck that the Mechromancer wasn't included? Yeah, I can see that as a valid complaint. But it still wasn't an official preorder and as such did not guarantee access to the Mechromancer pack.

You didn't read and comprehend the perfectly valid info given, and now you're complaining. Sorry, but next time do your research.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered. Whine all you like but they made this fully aware since before launch.
Anything beyond her should be covered by the Season Pass. If it's not then you have a right to complain.
[sub][sub]By the way, anyone know if getting season passes after DLC has been released still gets you it, or is it only there for future DLC?[/sub][/sub]
Not really the season pass is for the campaign dlc only it's basically a discount for buying the campaign dlc early. New characters like Gaige were never included in the season pass.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
levy42088 said:

EDIT:

Aw isn't that cute. Darkness665 made another profile to have someone that would agree with him. How adorable.

levy42088

Oct 23, 2012
No He didn't Al-bundy, i am a completly different entity, and just reading you guys jump down the kids throat for being rightfully upset with the miswording of a product made me sick, because I feel like I was wronged as well, and for some reason you guys cant just let it be that gearbox messed up.

maeshone, what you said

" Several hours of game play is a reference to the new content of the campaign, not the old campaign with a new character. Introduce new allies is a reference to new NPCs being added, not new playable characters, how the hell you made that connection is honestly beyond me."

Correct me if Im wrong, but thats A LOT to assume without any fine text. If someone told me that I would tell you that there's NO WAY you can assume all those points without the content being released yet"

Oh and how did I make that connection? Because its called MARKETING, and Companies like to make you think that your getting something so drastic with a purchase,(Ex: World of Warcraft Patches) but it isn't as big as you thought, you let out a big sigh, but technically, theyre not wrong or lying because Gauge IS a NEW ALLY (You can create her as a character, AND you can Have her in your Co-op group.) This WOULD NOT Surprise me.

And Whether its several hours of game play with a NEW CHARACTER or several hours of gameplay in general can be said interchangeably. There is NO WAY a normal everyday gamer could have added ALL YOUR FINE TEXT on assumptions.

Instead of the description being 2 Paragraphs long, it would have been 5 paragraphs long if they explained it as you did. You can't take a companies word and twist it to your benefit.

They stated the product was this. They said nothing about "NEW ALLIES (Gauge Not Included)" or SEVERAL HOURS OF " NEW " CONTENT.

Gearbox is wrong. Just let it be

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
levy42088 said:
No He didn't Al-bundy, i am a completly different entity, and just reading you guys jump down the kids throat for being rightfully upset with the miswording of a product made me sick, because I feel like I was wronged as well, and for some reason you guys cant just let it be that gearbox messed up.

maeshone, what you said

" Several hours of game play is a reference to the new content of the campaign, not the old campaign with a new character. Introduce new allies is a reference to new NPCs being added, not new playable characters, how the hell you made that connection is honestly beyond me."

Correct me if Im wrong, but thats A LOT to assume without any fine text. If someone told me that I would tell you that there's NO WAY you can assume all those points without the content being released yet"

Oh and how did I make that connection? Because its called MARKETING, and Companies like to make you think that your getting something so drastic with a purchase,(Ex: World of Warcraft Patches) but it isn't as big as you thought, you let out a big sigh, but technically, theyre not wrong or lying because Gauge IS a NEW ALLY (You can create her as a character, AND you can Have her in your Co-op group.) This WOULD NOT Surprise me.

And Whether its several hours of game play with a NEW CHARACTER or several hours of gameplay in general can be said interchangeably. There is NO WAY a normal everyday gamer could have added ALL YOUR FINE TEXT on assumptions.

Instead of the description being 2 Paragraphs long, it would have been 5 paragraphs long if they explained it as you did. You can't take a companies word and twist it to your benefit.

They stated the product was this. They said nothing about "NEW ALLIES (Gauge Not Included)" or SEVERAL HOURS OF " NEW " CONTENT.

Gearbox is wrong. Just let it be
I will give you a piece of advice, randomly cap locking words does not make a point stick out more, it just makes people look like a moron.

Second of all, Gearbox is not wrong, far from it. Gearbox is one of the few companies that I respect with DLC because that haven't bullshitted us in any shape or form. for months, the mecromancer was announced as the first DLC that would be free for pre-orders. Gearbox then announced The Season Pack long before you could buy the pack explaining both what was in and not in it....multiple times. You think with a pack that included new playable characters, they would say new playable characters. You guys are reaching for straws, it sucks that you feel like you got ripped off but no one is rooting for you, your fault for not reading nor doing your research.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
I paid for my seasons pass and I didn't even get a season. The other day It was a little hot, a bit summery for my tastes so I wished it was more spring like. Nothing happened, I mean seriously it was the first time I'd tried to use and it didn't even work once. Whats the point of buying a season if you can't even get the one you want. I wrote an email to Gearbox stating my problems and demanding a refund. I've yet to hear back. False advertising AND bad customer service.

Edit: I should note that I tried to change the season AFTER I bought the pass, so don't try that excuse.

levy42088

Oct 23, 2012
Ha, oh al bundy.. don't u know that caps locking a whole post is called childish, if your capitalize certain words its called EMPHASIZING.
And u know what? I didn't play the first borderlands yet. Once I started reading about the second one I got excited and wanted to purchase. I am NOT a gearbox fanboy, I don't watch every press release that is given on the topic of borderlands 2. I heard about the game, started anticipating its release, and tried to put it in the back of my head till its release (my attempt to help the days go by faster)

Jason- This isn't a case of "I bought A to give me A+B even thought the description said it will ONLY include A", it is a rightful case of "I was led to believe I was getting A + B, but they only gave me A"

So what can u say to me? They're target market, a mid 20's gamer who loved the first and waiting for the second, OR a 20's gamer who is giving the game a chance based on reviews of the first.

For everyone that WASN'T waiting hand and knees for gearbox to give u any little bit of info about the new game, there is NO WAY they, or you could have expected the products to be "self explanatory".

You say "if they were including new playable characters you would think they would say JUST that"

In what world is that true? Companies can word products however they like, they don't HAVE to label the mechronomancer as a NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTER, because NEW ALLIES covers that perfectly.
they DID NOT say "New NPC Allies"

I don't care if u love gearbox till death, and how much u respect they're dlc, obviously this doesn't concern you, you made the right choice of purchases and therefor you cannot give me an unbiased opinion of the matter at hand.

If you we're in my position you would feel just as upset as me, but since ur not you think u can call everyone is my situation an idiot. I KNOW karma is going to bite u in the ass, and I hope when u try to explain ur feelings, someone as helpful as urself will be KiND enough to tell u "how much of an idiot u r", "how stupid can u possibly be".

If you we're an unbiased opinion in this situation, I would hope you could understand and empathize with the people who have been wronged. Even if you yourself didn't get wronged. I hope u take this lesson and apply it in all aspects of ur life, because if u don't then I'm sorry, ur not gonna make it very far in this world. Your attitude is perfect to describe the hermit who lives on a hill, with no friends because he calls everyone names for not seeing things the same way that you do.

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
levy42088 said:
And now I can include bad grammar into it,taking shortcuts like using u for you is just lazy and not a good way to get a point across. And thanks for telling me it is for emphasizing when I kinda said that, just when you have to emphasize a few words to get your point across, than what are you doing wrong with the rest of the words?

I'm not on a hermit on a hill not being able to understand. I came to you asking what the problem was in which you replied saying "The sign said if I slap myself, I get A and B and I only got A. they ripped me off!" We looked at it closely together and while I don't see where the mishap could come from, you flail your finger at it in rage how someone could mess that up and that people should feel sorry for me.

So then I reply, "Did you do your research?" You look at me lost and confused, "well if that's the case, let me show you how!"

It's called Google!

Typed in "Borderlands 2 Mechromancer" First link is an IGN article
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/09/borderlands-2-mechromancer-available-today
Second Paragraph:
"The Mechromancer will be free to players who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and were entered into the Premiere Club, or $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) for other players. Gearbox has also added Gaige?s entire skill tree to the Borderlands 2 official site, letting players plan their character early."

Typed in "Borderlands 2 Season pass" First link is Steam, 2nd link is another poster on this forum complaining about the exact same thing though using Gamestop as an excuse to not do research. The third link however, we hit jackpot.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/23/borderlands-2-will-have-non-season-pass-dlc-pitchford-promise/
First Paragraph:
"Borderlands 2 is getting four confirmed slices of DLC as part of the Season Pass, but it has even more planned, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford tells Kotaku. We already know about one piece of additional non-Season Pass content, the Mechromancer.

"We will have other, non-season pass related DLC," Pitchford says. "The additional character (Mechromancer) is one kind of example." "

So there you have it, research done in less time that it took me to right this response up. You can complain all you want that Gearbox or Steam screwed you with bad wording but I'm also gonna file this under self-inflicted because you didn't do your research like a good customer would. It's not that I am a hermit on the hill that can't understand other points of views, I understood completely and it's still your fault.

Hopefully after all this is said and done, this pain your suffering will teach you to do your research from here on out.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
ThePuzzldPirate said:
levy42088 said:
And now I can include bad grammar into it,taking shortcuts like using u for you is just lazy and not a good way to get a point across. And thanks for telling me it is for emphasizing when I kinda said that, just when you have to emphasize a few words to get your point across, than what are you doing wrong with the rest of the words?

I'm not on a hermit on a hill not being able to understand. I came to you asking what the problem was in which you replied saying "The sign said if I slap myself, I get A and B and I only got A. they ripped me off!" We looked at it closely together and while I don't see where the mishap could come from, you flail your finger at it in rage how someone could mess that up and that people should feel sorry for me.

So then I reply, "Did you do your research?" You look at me lost and confused, "well if that's the case, let me show you how!"

It's called Google!

Typed in "Borderlands 2 Mechromancer" First link is an IGN article
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/09/borderlands-2-mechromancer-available-today
Second Paragraph:
"The Mechromancer will be free to players who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and were entered into the Premiere Club, or $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) for other players. Gearbox has also added Gaige?s entire skill tree to the Borderlands 2 official site, letting players plan their character early."

Typed in "Borderlands 2 Season pass" First link is Steam, 2nd link is another poster on this forum complaining about the exact same thing though using Gamestop as an excuse to not do research. The third link however, we hit jackpot.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/23/borderlands-2-will-have-non-season-pass-dlc-pitchford-promise/
First Paragraph:
"Borderlands 2 is getting four confirmed slices of DLC as part of the Season Pass, but it has even more planned, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford tells Kotaku. We already know about one piece of additional non-Season Pass content, the Mechromancer.

"We will have other, non-season pass related DLC," Pitchford says. "The additional character (Mechromancer) is one kind of example." "

So there you have it, research done in less time that it took me to right this response up. You can complain all you want that Gearbox or Steam screwed you with bad wording but I'm also gonna file this under self-inflicted because you didn't do your research like a good customer would. It's not that I am a hermit on the hill that can't understand other points of views, I understood completely and it's still your fault.

Hopefully after all this is said and done, this pain your suffering will teach you to do your research from here on out.
The OP is trolling on an alt account don't take him seriously.