Brace Yourself for the Boobquake!

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
I'm all for female AND male modesty, but saying that there is a correlation between boobs and earthquakes makes me want to go buy a tube top out of pure spite for such ignorance.

Suck it, Sedighi!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Anyone else half-hoping that by some freak coincidence, earthquake levels sky rocket today just to hear the clerics' response?

Danny Ocean said:
Mackheath said:
I had a good laugh at this, as it is proof n-one in the Western world cares about religion. We've all become Egoists.
Denouncing religion doesn't automatically make you self centred. It's not like the faithful have the monopoly on charity and good will, just as they are not the sole cause of evil.
Not forgetting that the way women dress is actually not a part of Islam either. The same way Christians don't have to wear a cross.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
If Skin was really the cause of Earthquakes then California and Las Vegas would have sunken into the earth a long time ago.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Captain_Maku said:
What is this, I don't even

The dude is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic; how the fuck does sex cause earthquakes? And how does switching religions stop earthquakes? Because of course primarily Islamic countries like Iran don't ever get earthquakes.

I was honestly expecting something corny, yet hilarious. I guess I got that, but not as I was expecting.
*MASSIVE SARCASM BLINKERS*

For the Iranians, its all those hedonistic women that dare show their ankles or wrists like some American whore. When you combine that with all those insolent women who will actually dare venture outside without a male guardian (such insolence!), its no surprise Iran gets many earthquakes. Clearly the only solution is to retreat further into Islam and to enforce rules that are not only not mentioned anywhere within any religious text, but that we made up for the express purpose of keeping our society in the dark ages.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
neoman10 said:
awwwwwwwwww man, I was expecting a bad troll :(

those thing make me laugh out of pity
You got one, that cleric is nothing but a troll. Using something as stupid as his assertions is just another example of escapegoatism.
I fully endorse this endeavour, and look forward to the results. Photos of the event would be appreciated as well. Uh, for science of course.
ohhhhhhhhh, that's good. you win a friend request

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
Well, this sounds like an event worth supporting. For scientific reasons, obviously. Pluis anything to make islamic extremists look foolish is good.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
"Many women who do not dress modestly... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes," he claimed. "What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble? There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes."
I'm pro breasts, so in full support but to make it a valid experiment these women need to lead some young men astray to fully debunk the Iranian clerics theories, I'm willing to donate my services for this most scientific of causes.

"how was it for you?"
"the earth moved, like really"

saejox

Mar 4, 2009
no matter how strange the belief is it is not moral to mock it.
you should stop laughing at him.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
matrix3509 said:
Captain_Maku said:
What is this, I don't even

The dude is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic; how the fuck does sex cause earthquakes? And how does switching religions stop earthquakes? Because of course primarily Islamic countries like Iran don't ever get earthquakes.

I was honestly expecting something corny, yet hilarious. I guess I got that, but not as I was expecting.
*MASSIVE SARCASM BLINKERS*

For the Iranians, its all those hedonistic women that dare show their ankles or wrists like some American whore. When you combine that with all those insolent women who will actually dare venture outside without a male guardian (such insolence!), its no surprise Iran gets many earthquakes. Clearly the only solution is to retreat further into Islam and to enforce rules that are not only not mentioned anywhere within any religious text, but that we made up for the express purpose of keeping our society in the dark ages.
Ah, of course. How silly of me.
Lead the way, oh lord. Praise be to that guy!

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
This is shit science. You can't do a real test without a control planet. The results of this experiment will be inconclusive without a control.

More on point though, the cleric specifically said that it was immodest dress leading to men breaking their chastity/engaging in adultery that causes earthquakes.

So this whole boobquake thing is pointless because it doesn't disprove his claim unless the women involved in boobquake also engage in adultery (Ladies, call me).

And there was an Earthquake this morning in Taiwan. Although that may have been for Charles Richter's birthday.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
I'm sorta hoping that they'll actually manage to cause eathquakes, after which the militaries of the world would indubitably attempt to weaponise the fearsome forces of the cleavage.

DancePuppets

Nov 9, 2009
Mackheath said:
I had a good laugh at this, as it is proof n-one in the Western world cares about religion. We've all become Egoists.
That's not true at all, but lots of people in the Western world do have very little respect for people who say something that bares no resemblance to the data that has been collected over the years. As a scientist I think that this is a very good point of view, I've got nothing against religion so long as the statements made are not utterly ridiculous (ie. contradict really strong evidence with no evidence of your own).

Kotorfreak

May 29, 2009
saejox said:
no matter how strange the belief is it is not moral to mock it.
you should stop laughing at him.
R U SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!?!?!?

The guys obviously a nut! Were not mocking his religion or its beliefs just the scientific improbability of it? Duh!

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Boobquake.

Really?

This is just silly. Earthquakes are caused by NINJAS.

There are some ninjas have big boobs,

look at Rachel from Ninja Gaiden :3

Space Cowgirl

Oct 21, 2009
jthm said:
Space Cowgirl said:
Wait, what? They're using breasts... For science? Y'know what, no. No amount of money is going to be able to get me out of my clothing, not even for science.
But... but... Science!
I stand by my previous statement... Not even for science. Besides, breasts aren't much besides sacks of fat and milk glands.