BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm annoyed by how cool that looks.
I'm not! You're talking to an OG fan right here! Respect it! I may have stopped watching Power Rangers when I was 13, but I am more than happy each generation experienced the franchise in their lives and continue to do so again! We have not had a good Power Ranger brawler since the mid 90s! I am taking it!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm not! You're talking to an OG fan right here! Respect it! I may have stopped watching Power Rangers when I was 13, but I am more than happy each generation experienced the franchise in their lives and continue to do so again! We have not had a good Power Ranger brawler since the mid 90s! I am taking it!
I never got into power rangers, I remember watching it but mainly cause I was waiting for something else.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Worgen...and another one!

In Tenjutsu, you play as a renegade yakuza hellbent on defying her former associates and loosening their grip on the Secret Garden City. Revealed at this year's Devolver Direct, this fast and fluid rogue-jutsu is the latest game from Sébastien Benard, designer of the acclaimed Dead Cells.Four powerful crime syndicates control the city, ruling with an iron fist. To defeat them, you must master a brutal brawling system and build a diverse arsenal of weapons, upgrades, and martial arts techniques, breaking their hold on the streets in a flurry of violence.The city is reborn as these sinister organizations fall to your fists, tackled in any order you wish. The ruined streets become vibrant and full of life, and you can spend gathered resources in shops and restaurants to help you on your quest.Shape the city to fit your play style, unlocking new weapons, combat moves, and new areas. Just don't take too long: the longer you spend preparing, the stronger your enemies will become.
I've noticed we've been getting more rouge-lite brawlers since the success of SOR4's Mr. X's Nightmare Mode and the Shredder's Revenge Dimension Shell-shock. Then Double Dragon Gaiden. It's great to see more developers experiment with this gameplay style.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
@Worgen...and another one!

I've noticed we've been getting more rouge-lite brawlers since the success of SOR4's Mr. X's Nightmare Mode and the Shredder's Revenge Dimension Shell-shock. Then Double Dragon Gaiden. It's great to see more developers experiment with this gameplay style.
Hmm, well, its Devolver Digital, I tend to enjoy most of their games. I'm not sure how I feel about roguelike brawlers, I didn't get much into Mr. X's nightmare mode and I never got the Shell Shock one. I mean, it makes sense because traditionally brawlers aren't the longest games, but I wonder if they would be like roguelike platformers for me and I would end up just like blegh.

Maybe because I tend to find myself drifting more and more away from roguelikes in general.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hmm, well, its Devolver Digital, I tend to enjoy most of their games. I'm not sure how I feel about roguelike brawlers, I didn't get much into Mr. X's nightmare mode and I never got the Shell Shock one. I mean, it makes sense because traditionally brawlers aren't the longest games, but I wonder if they would be like roguelike platformers for me and I would end up just like blegh.

Maybe because I tend to find myself drifting more and more away from roguelikes in general.
I don't play rouge-lites/likes in general, but the brawler variations I've played so far get the formula right or mix it up enough to be addictive and fun. I do admit Turtles and DDG do it the best. Especially DDG. The bonus mode in Shredder's Revenge does have an actual ending (but you can continue to ever increasing difficulty as you wish) and you are rewarded with alternative color skins and such.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen